Trailers: BioShock Infinite Gameplay

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
What I like about this so far is that although it appears similar to bioshock, there's still a lot of differences, like how the people appear to be deluded into thinking nothing has changed rather than just being paranoid schizophrenics like the splicers.

Archimedes88

May 16, 2008
Saw this yesterday, loved seeing it again, leaping at a chance to comment about it on a forum.

Irrational Games. Quite literally i mean it when i say DON'T TOUCH ELIZABETH FROM THIS POINT ON ... she's the perfect character and i love her already (corsets dark blue or purple i died of happiness). The part where he says "you don't look so good" definitely got a raised eyebrow from me!

Aside from that irrational dive from sensibility to my emotions i cannot express how delighted i was to see a third in the series. I loved the claustrophobic slightly gothic atmosphere of Bioshock, and always pondered how it would continue. Needless to say i was puzzled when my friend text me saying it'd be on a floating city ... in the sky, initial reaction were "WTF, that isn't going to be dark or gothy at all : < ". But all the same, looks incredible and something i could easily fall in love with.
Simply: bring this game out before 2012 ... PLEASE!!! Or give me an irl Elizabeth in the meantime. YOU HAVE MY DEMANDS IRRATIONAL GAMES! But seriously, another year and then some? I reckon they're bucking the trend of designers that say one date then prolong it 2 or 3 times before relase, in a big middle finger gesture to them; by promising one date and then releasing it before promised! This time next year people, you have my prediction!!!
*drifts off to sleep with wishful thinking*

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I'm sorry but I still don't buy this being "actual" gameplay.

Everything feels way to scripted.
QFT. There's no HUD, everything's far too smooth, scripted, and clean.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
wow...even though I haven't played the first two, I REALLY want this one (Idk, I guess it's mainly because Air is my favorite element, while Water is my least favorite) plus seeing non-enemy NPCs, as well as steampunk, just got me excited :D

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
Wow this game looks awsome! I do wonder, like some of the others who have posted here, what is cutsceen and what is gameplay, but if this is any example of what is to come from this game, I really do not care. It is intresting to see how large the range of a battle can go, after seeing that fight take place across several separate city sections. The weapons and powers look cool too, though I wonder what the Columbians call their power serums, because I don't think they will call them plasmids- but they might, you never know. The trailer makes me really want to play the game to find out what is going on in the sky city of Columbia.

This looks like an excellent game, and excellent new game to the BioShock collection of games, and I am really excited to see what else the world of BioShock has to offer besides Rapture.

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Excuse me for a moment my fellow escapists, I need to break my calm and suave demeanour in order to run around my room shrieking with glee.

*Does so*

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Well i played Bioshock 1 but never 2...maybe ill forget there was one and just consider this the sequel to it as it is the same devs unlike for bio 2.

Calendor1

Oct 22, 2008
signingupforgames said:
I'm officially excited for Bioshock 2.
Okay, seriously? Why all the hate for Bioshock 2? It was a great game. The devs for Infinite don't even really consider this a sequel, if anything its a prequel that probably has nothing to do with the other games. I really don't get why people have such a huge problem with Bioshock 2, except people might get tired of the adam gathering sessions, but whatever.

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
dashiz94 said:
Guys, seriously, this is a TECH demo. It does have gameplay, but it's the kind of video where it's meant to show you the big picture about the game: How the graphics look, how the guns and plasmids function, a brief glimmer into the story, the new location, etc. This game still has about 2 years of development time on its hands, so chances are all this won't appear in the game in this order. It will probably be featured, but I highly doubt you're going to go from fighting one enemy (Saltonstall) to fighting another one (Alpha, Him) Relax people, Irrational is just showing you what to expect.
Thanks for the explanation...makes sense. Looks like this is the proper sequel to Bioshock 1, going from the concept of undersea city to buildings in the sky.

Obviously scripted, though it demonstrates enough of the game mechanics to hook my interest. Just make sure there's a Mac version.

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
Calendor1 said:
signingupforgames said:
Okay, seriously? Why all the hate for Bioshock 2? It was a great game. The devs for Infinite don't even really consider this a sequel, if anything its a prequel that probably has nothing to do with the other games. I really don't get why people have such a huge problem with Bioshock 2, except people might get tired of the adam gathering sessions, but whatever.
At the completion of Bioshock 1, the story was resolved adequately. Some people dislike retconning or reversing a previous resolution for the sake of milking the original concept.

In comparison, this tech demo appears to involve a dramatic shift in where the story is placed, and introduces interesting new gameplay mechanics.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
I feel ridiculous saying this, but I honestly think that at this point of exposure, we should hold out from discussing whether it's a "worthy/unworthy sequel to Bioshock." Let's not compare it to Bioshock's strengths, and instead consider it by the standalone strengths we see thus far; Brilliant art direction, stellar voice acting and characterization, amazingly kinetic looking combat, chillingly unique atmosphere; even if it's just a carefully rationed taste, it sure tastes so far.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Okay Bioshock, that was immpresive and awesome and a whole bunch of other cool words. But I have a question. What Political ideals are we bashing this time around??

Calendor1

Oct 22, 2008
Vzzdak said:
Calendor1 said:
signingupforgames said:
At the completion of Bioshock 1, the story was resolved adequately. Some people dislike retconning or reversing a previous resolution for the sake of milking the original concept.

In comparison, this tech demo appears to involve a dramatic shift in where the story is placed, and introduces interesting new gameplay mechanics.
Which is great, and the fact that Infinite is trying hard to differ from the first game is why I am excited for it, but Bioshock 2 was a great experience and I felt they put a lot of effort and ideas into that and Minerva's Den. But I also love that Infinite is different, but whatever, to each is own I guess. I just get annoyed when people try to be all "clever" and say this is the sequel or whatever and that Bioshock 2 doesn't count or something.