Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Reveal Trailer

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
Well color me unsurprised and surprised. Okay, we were all expecting another damn Call of Duty soon, but this has really gotten me interested. It looks different! Holy shit I think I'll just buy the first Black Ops now. Good fucking job Treyarch. ... I just praised Call of Duty.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
God damn it. They tease for 1972 South Africa and give us 2025. Also, how is he still alive? Last we saw him he got blown up. What the hell happened?

GangstaPony

Apr 29, 2012
Despite Activision being the Devil In Disguise, BLOPS 2 might actually save the franchise by doing what COD 4 originally started. Have an unconventional campaign where you play as morally grey protagonists doing questionable things in the name of freedom all while commentating on the nature of war, it's effects on soldiers and whether or not everything ends with the destruction of humanity.

Treyarch could and SHOULD go all Metal Gear Solid 4 on us... let's wait and see
Black Ops itself had an interesting plot that wasn't just HURR! YOU SOLDER IN I-RAQ!!
Unfortunately the campaign was underdeveloped, Sam Worthington was bland and it was too damn short

EDIT:

Holy hell! Thank You Treyarch!

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Top Hat said:
Woods survived!?
Really looking forward to this; it looks awesome.
Also, HORSIES!
WE GONNA RIDE HORSES UP IN THIS *****.

GO ALL LAWRENCE OF ARABIA ON THEIR ASSES.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm excited. I like they took us out of WW2 after the excellent COD5 and in 4 gave us modern weapons. Now they are taking their very accessible gameplay and giving us future weapons. Love the Helicopter planes like Halo and Avatar, etc. And I'm amused eveyone seems to be really taken by the horses. I was too!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, i have to say, it looks interesting.
I watched a few interviews about the singleplayer, and I´m actually surprised what they`re doing. Quite a few interesting changes they had going there, like choices, and selecting on what mission to go to, and something about how the game still goes on even if you fail some missions, the story just changes.
So, yeah. I´m actually looking forward to it. Not keeping my hopes too high up, but still, looks like they`re trying some different things, and that`s quite good.

Tho i really wonder how Woods is actually alive (you know, since he kinda exploded), and why Woods is still alive (you know, he`s 95 or something like that).
And hell, robots do look rather cool.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
thing is with the cod games, that the singleplayer is never really that bad. sure, they never have amazing stories, but they are enjoyable. shame is that they are not the focus of the game, so they suffer in the development. that is why the games are not worth the money they asked, because i can't enjoy the MP part anymore.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Grape_Bullion said:
Treyarch has this really bad habit of not understanding how to copy a modern warfare game. It is in fact, that they take place in a "modern" era. Not when my grandpa was blasting nazis, not when my other grandpa was hoping not to get malaria in 'nam, and especially not when my grandchildren have to fight Neo Soviet robots in Neo Los Angeles. Can this please be the Call of Duty that has terrible sales figures and puts an end to this series?
So Treyarch are bad for not recycling the same settings as Infinity Ward?

I'm actually quite interested, though I don't see how they'll be room for 'black ops' in a futuristic in your face setting. Mind you the original was pretty light on stealth.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
mrm5561 said:
well since call of duty 4 changed all shooters from ww2 to modern warfare, maybe this game will start the future warfare theme.... o wait thats been done before lol

in all seriousness looks interesting and i wonder what the kill streaks will be
*facepalm*

Before Call of Duty 1 there was Medal of Honor, Wolfenstien and countless others. Before Modern Warfare, there was Counter Strike, Battlefield 2, Ghost Recon and countless others. Also, this shall be the Call of Duty version of the future, which will be very different to the Tom Clancy/Deus Ex/Syndicate version of the future. One more point, EVERY idea has been done before, not just Call of Duty's ideas.

wow way to miss my point there genius, i was pointing out that cod went from redefining shooters which it did with modern warfare 1, to this. And it has occurred to me that modern and future warfare games have come before cod its just that they were all shit... with the exception of the battlefield series which is very fun. one more point trolling cod fans is now way to go threw life son

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
Actually looks interesting; might see some enemy variety beyond "Guys with various guns". I didn't care for the first Black Ops, but the science-fiction-esque setting is nice to see, if the trailer is indicative of the gameplay then there appears to be more vehicle emphasis, which could mean more variety in gameplay. Will wait for reviews and gameplay footage before I pass a verdict, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Also I used the word variety way too much in this post.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
GangstaPony said:
Treyarch could and SHOULD go all Metal Gear Solid 4 on us... let's wait and see
Well, they could take cues, but I do hope that Black Ops 2 doesn't have hours upon hours upon hours of cutscenes. Granted, that would take the campaign above the 8 hour mark.....

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
Anyone else notice theat the guys the player is riding horses with are wearing shalwar kameez(Afghan/Pakistani/Indian clothing) and that a Toyata pick up usually said to be used by the Taliban is supporting them?
Either it is undercover work or you play as an Afghan(either Taliban or the ANA or some Colation/Pakistani Army supported Lashkar(civilian militia)) for that mission.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I like all the people being interested in this game just for "OMG Horseback gun combat! AMAZING!". Ever heard of a little game called Red Dead Redemption guys? Or Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword? Treyarch is not revolutionizing ANYTHING with horseback combat.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
fi6eka said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
fi6eka said:
So, they are riping-off Rambo 3 now?
Rambo 3: movie set during the Cold War where the titular character guns his way through Soviet mooks in Afghanistan to rescue his Sarge.

Black Ops 2 game set in the future where the player character guns his way through highly-advanced weapons and robots controlled by terrorists.

???
Ugh,why do I even boder.GO rewatch the film.In it Stallone was being chased by a helicopter while riding a horse.
>Similar scene in a movie to a tiny cut of a trailer for a probably 8 hour game
>IT'S RIPPING OF RAMBO NOAW!

Seriously dude, you're just trying to find things to complain about now, it's a 2 minute trailer for gods sake. Also even if it is really similar to the Rambo 3 scene, that's what COD has been doing for ages now. That's what most video games have been doing now, not just COD.

Holding Aces

May 2, 2012
12 kill streak - Outlaw Raiders on horseback storm through town and shoot the shit out of everyone...Maybe even a "prestige" edition that comes with a real leather saddle.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Kudos to them at least trying something new. Will I be buying it? Most likely not.