Trailers: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
Although since Tommy would be about 60 by now, he might be a tad too old to be the player character.
All those years of conquering Miami, establishing a cartel and killing Hatians keeps you fit. Hell, there are 60 year olds with higher levels of fitness than a lot of people today.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
Ihniwid said:
Was sort of hoping it'd be in space...sigh...
This made me chuckle.

OT: This actually looks pretty good. Even though it looks like it is going to be a less serious take on the franchise again, I'm not going to get my hopes up. GTA IV really disappointed me and Saint's Row has rightfully filled its shoes in my eyes.

Rynozeros

I'm on a boat
May 13, 2009
008Zulu said:
The Gentleman said:
Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.
It sounded a bit like Ray Liotta to me, the guy who played Tommy Vercetti in GTA: Vice City. That would be awesome.

The best thing about this game so far? It looks like it doesn't have GTA 4's Brown Filter.
Sounds like Frank West to me, also one of the character shown looks like him. Not saying that this is at all possible/plausible but imagine driving around San Andreas and WEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Also options for Zombie DLC.

Also pretty sure Rockstar said GTA IV and after wouldn't be the same universe as the GTA 3 universe (GTA 3, vice city, GTA:SA and the others) so there is that.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Im sold, im already pre-ordering it.

Bit disapointed Niko and Packie weren't mentioned in it though, there was easter eggs there a while back where you saw their names on air plane tickets to Los Santos. Im hoping they are in it.

That said, at least the protagonist seems a bit more upbeat than niko this time.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Personally, I wanted Hong-Kong. Think about it, that would be pretty original, and be a welcome change of scenery from the greyish brown aesthetic from GTAIV. But alternate southern California is fine too, at least it's more colourful.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
I'm curious, graphics have me interested and it might be fun from a sandbox perspective. Hopefully they take a step back from the narrative they had in GTA IV. But we'll see how much it enthralls me, though...

...I think Saints Row holds the crown that GTA forged in this Arena.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
I like how at the end, the word "five" wrapped around the roman unmoral "V" as if people they aim this game to would not be educated to read a "V" as a "5"! people like 4th grades and lower, or school drop outs...

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
York_Beckett said:
The narrator sounds suspiciously like someone who's covered wars, you know...
Maybe it's the same voice actor.

you just ninja'd me SO DAMN HARD

But yeah, on watching my thoughts went:

*ooh sounds like Frank West!
*HOLY SHIT MODERN VICE CITY!
*Mountains... so not likely to be Florida then, therefore maybe not vice city
*Interstate... that could mean one of two things...
*hey it IS Frank West!
*Crop dusting? the truth maybe?... that means... o_O
*Bank Robbery, looks kinda Kane and Lynch'y to me
*ooh other criminals in this world perhaps?
*lots of moving scenery, I like it
*Oil derricks? I think I know where this is headed :p BP jokes incoming no doubt!
*Pauses at 1.06 "san andreas" on the number plate... EPIC! Also looks like the number plates won't just say GTAV this time around, unsurprising, GTA SA did the same thing, with some brilliant parody plates
*That fella didn't look like Frank West... what does this mean? multiple characters? Image as designed?
*VINEWOOD right then, we has absolute confirmation, we are back to the good old SA!
*Jets, building sites. pretty logo, I like

Lets hope this game pulls it off! Im liking the more upbeat music being used this time around as well!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Actually...that reminded me why I used to love GTA. Before IV, anyway, when I found Saints Row 2 instead. But this, this makes me remember. And, happily, there's no word of cousins. Though, I can see a potential "go play with your miscreant children" interruption, but that doesn't need to be there at all hint hint R*. Maybe they'll take their crown back from the Saints.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
chiefohara said:
Im sold, im already pre-ordering it.

Bit disapointed Niko and Packie weren't mentioned in it though, there was easter eggs there a while back where you saw their names on air plane tickets to Los Santos. Im hoping they are in it.

That said, at least the protagonist seems a bit more upbeat than niko this time.
For some reason, when I saw the two exterminators leap out the back of the van, I thought one of them looked a bit like Packie. No idea how I could tell that, given that they were wearing masks, but that just looks like the sort of thing Packie would be getting up to.

Anyway, I would have been sold on this game regardless, but this gets my vote.

Oh, and to all the people in the Saints Row camp? If you haven't done so already, please make your own thread extolling the virtues of said game/series. Yes, we get it, You prefer SR to GTA. You think GTA IV was too serious and prefer the more lighthearted shenanigans of Saints Row. Well done. Let's all just enjoy the games we prefer in peace. Isn't it great the way we can all have different tastes yet still get along with other? It's things like that makes me like this community so much!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
People, it probably isn't going to be all of San Andreas. Most likely it will just be Los Santos with Red County(although that first view of countryside would seem to fit Whetstone). I honestly wouldn't expect them to put all of SA in the new engine. Especially as I didn't see any of Las Venturas or San Fierro in the video.
Don't raise your expectations so high so you end up hating the game for petty reasons later on.
If it is just Los Santos, that is going to be good enough for me. I know they are going to revamp it like they did Liberty City for IV, but I wouldn't mind if they keep CJ's neighborhood in. That was a fun cul-de-sac for fighting the police at.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
punipunipyo said:
I like how at the end, the word "five" wrapped around the roman unmoral "V" as if people they aim this game to would not be educated to read a "V" as a "5"! people like 4th grades and lower, or school drop outs...
It's from a dollar bill from back in the day. It's not a dig by Rockstar at its customers, it's actually from the government back then putting it on there, likely because of the lack of information spread in the middling years of the US. Don't jump to conclusions.

Like I said in the other thread, this looks really cool, and even if it has nothing to do with GTA:SA, I'm still happy as hell to go back on a newer engine.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Did you guys notice what's the motto on police squad cars? "Obey and Survive". Classic Rockstar humor. These guys are so awesome. This is the game that will make me buy a console, I just know it.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Mcoffey said:
MarsProbe said:
Oh, and to all the people in the Saints Row camp? If you haven't done so already, please make your own thread extolling the virtues of said game/series. Yes, we get it, You prefer SR to GTA. You think GTA IV was too serious and prefer the more lighthearted shenanigans of Saints Row. Well done. Let's all just enjoy the games we prefer in peace. Isn't it great the way we can all have different tastes yet still get along with other? It's things like that makes me like this community so much!
So much this. I loved GTA IV, and yet - Get this! - I'm also getting Saints Row: The Third! I know, I'm obviously some kind of mutant for enjoying both games for different reasons and acknowledging that both have their strengths. There can be only one!

In all seriousness, this GTA/Saints Row pissing contest I keep seeing all over the internet is really childish.
Both games can be good?

.....you get out of the internet NOW!!!!

But yes I cannot wait for Saints III to, and this trailer for GTA just is icing on the cake of games I can't wait to play in the future.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
DarkRyter said:
Damn, I guessed it was gonna be Washington DC.

Aw well, Alternate LA's pretty okay.

From the trailer, this one's not gonna be the technological leap forward IV was from III/San Andreas. Looks like they're stickin with Euphoria. Still looks damn pretty, but wish it was damn prettier.

Also, I hope that's not the theme song. It's nowhere near as good as "The Soviet Connection".
Just looks like GTA4 with the iCEnhancer ENB graphic mod (btw if you got gta4 and yet to try out that mod, do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhGYGvhhU60 ). I hope they improve up on the gameplay and add more mission variations, less random (and frequent) telephone calls asking if you want to go to the t*tty bar