Trailers: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

DamnedChoir

Cylon Inquisitor
Oct 27, 2009
This looks really bland and uninteresting so far. Still waiting for Rockstar to impress me.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Tom Templeton said:
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Jack Thompson rage over it.

But i was disappointing to see San Andreas. Wanted vice city, Manchester or London. *Sigh*
I'd like to see something new, like Tokyo or Shanghai.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Floppertje said:
EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.
Um... you know how reCaptchas work, right? One of the words is right. The other is fluff. You can just type in "iuagfaiugf" for one and "tyronomy" for the other and you'd get in. (Assuming "tyronomy" was the correct one, I mean.)

This is an example the good folks at 4chan use whenever someone complains about the dual-word Captchas.It contains dubious amounts of the word "******" (hello /b/) so I'll just send it to you like this, but it should explain how it works. http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/4chan-is-using-googles-captcha-technology-to-get-the-word-******-inserted-into-digital-books-as-much-as-possible.png

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
York_Beckett said:
The narrator sounds suspiciously like someone who's covered wars, you know...
Maybe it's the same voice actor.
Now he can add gang shootings and bank robberies to his resume of things he's covered.

Wouldn't that be a twist? You're not a criminal at all. You're hard nosed photo journalist, Frank West and this is a prequel to Dead Rising. He's covered wars. Urban wars.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.
Just had a dash of Hispanic but not too much, so possibly mixed race 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican, Cuban etc etc.

...me edging towards Cuban too.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Wait will this be in San Andreas? Or just Los Santos?

Either way fuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyes YES!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im so happy I could cry :')
I freaking love GTA !

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Floppertje said:
The Gentleman said:
I commented in the original thread already, but I just wanted to point something out:

When the gunmen hop out of the exterminator van, at least two of them are using suppressed AK-47s. Does this mean we finally will have some basic customization of the weapons?
maybe certain weapons have silenced versions as different models? worked that way for the silenced 9mm in San Andreas...

Any guesses as to the ethnicity of the protagonist (if he's the one doing the VO)? He didn't sound caucasian to me, but not distinctly hispanic or black either.

EDIT: what? how did that work? I SAW I got the captcha wrong after I pressed enter. left out a whole word... I'm starting to think this system doesn't work very well.
Captcha works by giving you too words, one of which it knows, and the other it doesn't. The longer word is almost always the one it knows. It checks the one it knows against it's database, and it assumes that since you got one word right, you got the other one right too, and adds what you typed as what the unknown word says.

I like to fuck with it by replacing the unknown word with my name, every single time.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
daxterx2005 said:
what an awful logo, It reads Grand Theft Auto Five Five...
pick one or the other.
lol! first thing Yahtzee's probably going to say when he reviews it! XD

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Comando96 said:
The Gentleman said:
Sounds like a white ethnic to me, possibly Italian or Cuban.
Just had a dash of Hispanic but not too much, so possibly mixed race 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican, Cuban etc etc.

...me edging towards Cuban too.
Plus, they can frame it as a "Son of Scarface" story

Magic Pancake

Dec 1, 2009
Huh, San Andreas again (or at leas Los Santos). Was never that interested in getting 4, world looked too small and too brown/grey. Was kinda hoping that they'd have one based in prohibition era Chicago, but I guess it would be hard to get a good sound track for that one.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
not sure. i kind of lost interest in them since part 4 was poorly optimized for the pc and was not willing to install tones of patches just to play this game. the last one i dint get either and maybe i dont bother either with this one.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'm considering getting this game, I missed out on IV because it looked so boring. But this one actually has some cool scenery and colours.

Also, if they make the game play run as smooth as this trailer, it will give me another reason to buy it.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Frylock72 said:
punipunipyo said:
I like how at the end, the word "five" wrapped around the roman unmoral "V" as if people they aim this game to would not be educated to read a "V" as a "5"! people like 4th grades and lower, or school drop outs...
It's from a dollar bill from back in the day. It's not a dig by Rockstar at its customers, it's actually from the government back then putting it on there, likely because of the lack of information spread in the middling years of the US. Don't jump to conclusions.

Like I said in the other thread, this looks really cool, and even if it has nothing to do with GTA:SA, I'm still happy as hell to go back on a newer engine.
oh wow... me history fail? dang! heh... sorry... that was the only part that bothered me...

Don't give me wrong.. looks REAL good! can't wait to see the actual thing. I skip GTA4, so I don't really know how much "jump" is this one to 4, but compared to GTA3SA, this one looked more lively, and more features added to add realism! good job RS... as far as game goes... I hope it's more fun than job, and more features/weapons than polished old things...

999realthings

Jun 23, 2011
Welcome to San Andreas, fool.
Looks good and glad we're leaving the depressing Liberty City for something more cheerful.
Hope they bring back humourous and fun missions.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Looks cool. I hope the narrator is the protagonist, because that would mean for once a GTA protagonist is actually wealthy to begin with. Nice change to the system.

garjian said:
It can be set in San Andreas all it likes... it looks like the same boring stuff, just with some countryside.

(Wow... considering that GTASA is still one of my favourite games... GTAIV put me right off the series didnt it? >.>)
Yep. Once you start slagging off a game and making your mind up after seeing ONE trailer - which gives almost no indication of the gameplay at all - you know you're probably not thinking clearly anymore.