Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
A year? I have to wait a year for what looks like it could be the best RE game since 4. Also Leon and Chris in one game, that is all that must be said. Well maybe a little more,I like how there seems to be a game play divide between the two with Leon doing more zombie shooting and Chris fighting armed guys behind cover, that could work out well. Really exited still kinda sad its a whole year away though.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
You got your Bourne Identity in my Resident Evil!

I wonder if this'll be something like RE2, where you can play as each character in separate playthroughs and their storylines intersect. So long as I don't have to lug around an Artificial Idiot buddy and they actually try to make PC controls non-useless this time, I may actually sign up for this one.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
So the whole "RE6 is going to be a reboot" thing was a lie?
Color me surprised...Capcom...lying? No way is that possible.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Osaka117 said:
Sovvolf said:
I'm not sure if it could really, least without reverting back to the old tank like controls which I think sucked big time. That and well, those games are still there. You can still go back and play them. What I would like is if the second and third game got the treatment the first game got on the Gamecube.

Bring them back with the nice updated graphics.
"Dissapointed" was the incorrect word. Don't get me wrong, I had a hell of a lot of fun with 4 and 5, and I'm really looking forward to Operation Raccoon City and this one, but I can't help but want a new RE game with the old school style, but with better controls and maybe even the ability to move and shoot at the same time.

As for playing the originals again, I downloaded 1 - Code Veronica off the PSN and am planning on marathoning them before ORC, so I already thought of that. And I totally want a REmake of 2 and 3 like what 1 got, I've been asking for that forever.
I don't think the game would work if you could move and shoot. See the problem with the old school style was, as shitty as the controls were, they complimented it. Once you can move fluidly and shoot accurately its harder to have that game and still be scary.

Also :D. Got Code Veronica and the older ones on the PS2/PSOne still and play them frequently. Still a big fan of Resident Evil and even the older system of how it was played. However I just think that system and stile would be hard to pull off in this day and age.

I could be wrong though :D.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Not sure what to make of it, I saw zombies, I think, so im happy there. But the acrobatic stuff looked cool, maybe this will be a good game.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I looks cool, but its a Capcom game so it will be convoluted and confusing at times, also the controls may for whatever reason decide to not work intermittently.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Other than the fact that Leon looks like Ashton Kutcher, his part of Resi-6 looks like it could be alright. It looked like 4 in a city. Then flash back to the other one and we're back to fighting gun-toting terrorists and giant victims of roid-rage. The cover-based fighting on Chris's part didn't slip by unnoticed either. Maybe Chris's part will just be the Merecenaries section of the game where Leon Kutcher will be the game-proper.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
I wanna know who that "mercenary" guy is, and how his story will tie in, because for all the plot holes, and different characters, and (hopefully) no Jill this time, I'm really excited for yet another RE game this year

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Looks promising but so did RE5 once. I would like to see actual 3PS horror taken on with upgraded gameplay... oh wait, I already can with Dead Space. Silly me.

Why - as this post seems to indicate - is this game being released on the Sega Saturn? Is it making a comeback I wasn't aware of, because if so, awesome. *Laugh*

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I think it looks awesome. I am wondering if the mercenary is going to be the other Wesker guy brought up in 5. Also damn it Capcom, stop releasing so many Resident evil games in one year.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
My god, I'm seeing some t-zombies, plagas, tyrants, and all other kinds of BOWs up in this bee-otch.

It's about time that Chris and Leon star in the same game.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Oh god, was that Ashley?
BTW, Leon's hairstyle with his new body/face model makes him look like some kind of washed up pick up artist or older hair metal band dude.
This is the first time I have been excited for an RE game in YEARS...

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
My god...this looks...good? I'm really surprised. Yes, it looks like they are copy pasting shit from Gears of War and Dead Space, but they are not bad improvements. They story looks...well, confusing, but the voice acting looks really decent.

My hopes are up for this game. Still has the possibility to disappoint like RE5, but who knows?

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Oh yes! Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city, and now this. I am very happy, looks like I'l be playing on my PS3 a lot more this year. Also I am very interested to see how this plays out in connection with Resident Evil 5.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I like the idea of three different campaigns intersecting. It could allow them to do very different settings and even pacing for each character's narrative.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Ahh yes, back to Raccoon City. Where the games belong.

Don't get me wrong, I played and enjoyed 4 & 5 ... but I still rate the initial trilogy and Outbreak 1 & 2 far higher. Mainly because I prefer ammo conservation and the 'fight or flight' style of play rather than 'blast the shit out of everything that moves'. Hell .. my favourite part of 4 was playing as freakin' Ashley Graham, and 5 was in the mine where one partner had to shine the torch on the unfortunates.

Seriously ... as if it ain't bad enough being a miner in an African shit hole, you also have to worry about being controlled by a BOW parasite, and the dude with the biggest biceps in the world curb stomping you.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
not sure what to think of it. pretty much looks like an action packed adventure. but at least it looks dark again. well, still a long time to go. maybe things will change but sure dont have high hopes.