Trailers: Saints Row: The Third: Steelport

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
I have high hopes for this... Just sad that these vids have kind of spoilt it for me.

All I hope to see is longetivity in this by which I mean steadily unlocking more awesome things like those shown as I progress through the game so I don't get everything and in doing so get bored incredibly easy.

Everything else I have no worries with... Volition know what they're doing... They killed what little story the series had in SR2 for me so idc about any characters or gang/homies bollocks.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Wow, that looked like a ton of fun. I think this and Mass Effect 3 are perhaps the only games currently on the radar that I might actually have to pre-order... I hope they get the PC version right the first time, this time.

One small quibble... $500 reward for doing $150,000+ worth of damage? Can't a brother get 1%?

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Im so excited for this game i can hardly friggin wait! Hell I've already got it preordered. Shit just watching this demo that I've seen 6 times already makes me want it even more!

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
hotsauceman said:
Looks a tad bit over the top.
There is a man who understands understatement.

Holy crap, this looks amazing. It's got "ludicrous" down to a science, the whole setting just... yeah, y'know? As people [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.297575-Trailers-Saints-Row-The-Third-Steelport#11787638] said, you're Batman villains without Batman around now.

Which, of course, makes me hope the game has Batman in it.

As for the challenge, expect all these to be earned. Yes, you're at the top of your game, but they'll still have a reward curve.

Now, I just want to see if the bread and butter missions are done in such a way as to let you improvise and be creative. If it has that? I'm freaking sold.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
I'm so stoked for this. SR2 was one of my favorite games ever. Trouble is it comes out a week after Skyrim, the universe is really trying to obliterate my social life.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I had seen this trailer before but I had no idea that "Stars and stripes forever" was playing while he was firing the manapult. That's just hilarious. I can't wait to mess around in steelport. This is going to be a shit ton of fun.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
"We've completely revamped the driving mechanics"

Well, I'll see it when I believe it. From that demo, it doesn't seem like a lot's changed from the second one, but as long as cars don't handle like 18-wheelers I'm all good with it.

I'm quite amped for this. I can't wait until November.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
This trailer is still awesome no mater how many times I see it. This kind of game play is where Rockstar is missing the mark in GTA

PurpleSkull

Mar 20, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Awesome!
Just one quest: Do I get nukes?
This. A beacon to call in a small tactical nuke should be there. If the saints got military hardware anyway, why no nukes. Or an Ion cannon.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Looks like the game will get dull fast, after a few first hours of having fun dicking around.

Until I see some strong opposition and non-passive AI, I'm not convinced.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
This gameplay trailer immediately puts this game VERY high on my "to buy" list! It just looks really fun to play, and is more of a relaxed game to do whatever you want compared to some of the other games I will be buying this year.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Hands down one of my most anticipated games of my life. I 'm actually anxious and grinding my teeth about waiting for so long to get it which is EXTREMELY rare of me. I mean, you fucking kill people with a dildo attached to a baseball bat

I'm in love.....I'm in love

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
This is the only game that will make me put down Skyrim for a few days.

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
But is there a centurian helmet, the single-most important wardrobe piece of SR2?