Transformers: Dark of the moon (New transformers Movie)

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Krylock said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Not one to speculate this early but I know that Megan Fox was dropped from the threequel (which was planned from a long time now). Happy news for me at least.
Thank god. Now i can rest without her horrible acting ruining these movies.
As long as the human cast is focused on bad acting will avail...

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Veldie said:
Hell to go on full rant I hated the first 2 other then Peter Cullen nothing about the movies felt true to transformers they ruined alot of the autobots and decepticons in how they act and dont get me started on those steriotype bots that was so so dumb i cant even think of a proper word for it.

They involved the humans to much WAY TO MUCH along with bad acting.

To note on what i ment on how they ruined some of them Look at Devestater they turned him into a giant vacum that gets killed by a rail gun are you kidding me? No its not he should of been a giant badass bot that would wipe the floor with anyone basickly like his G1 orginal counterpart.

I could go on and on but I dont think everyone needs whats clear to be pointed out again
I've never understood why Hasbro hasn't gotten the hint by now. War for Cybertron did pretty well and it was a 'gritty' version of G1, albeit a poorly written one. DC seems to do quite well with their direct to dvd films, and Hasbro tested the waters with GI Joe: Resolute, so why can't we get direct to DVD Transformers animated movies with a more...I dunno, PG-13 vibe to them and less <meaning: None> human interference with the plot?

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
Veldie said:
Hell to go on full rant I hated the first 2 other then Peter Cullen nothing about the movies felt true to transformers they ruined alot of the autobots and decepticons in how they act and dont get me started on those steriotype bots that was so so dumb i cant even think of a proper word for it.

To note on what i ment on how they ruined some of them Look at Devestater they turned him into a giant vacum that gets killed by a rail gun are you kidding me? No its not he should of been a giant badass bot that would wipe the floor with anyone basickly like his G1 orginal counterpart.

I could go on and on but I dont think everyone needs whats clear to be pointed out again
I don't think that M. Bay is actually trying to follow the Canon of Transformers

Entertainment > Transformers canon

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
I'll admit the first movie is a guilty pleasure for me... But after the craptasm that was Revenge of the Fallen I dunno if I want to see this new one.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
Dr.A said:
Well that's basically the stupidest name for a movie, or any form of media, that I've ever heard.
Really? OK, this is the first to spring to mind as I mentioned it in my last post;

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Phantom Menace. *giggles*

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Strife2k7 said:
Veldie said:

I've never understood why Hasbro hasn't gotten the hint by now. War for Cybertron did pretty well and it was a 'gritty' version of G1, albeit a poorly written one. DC seems to do quite well with their direct to dvd films, and Hasbro tested the waters with GI Joe: Resolute, so why can't we get direct to DVD Transformers animated movies with a more...I dunno, PG-13 vibe to them and less <meaning: None> human interference with the plot?
Becouse they clearly dont care
Krylock said:
Veldie said:

I don't think that M. Bay is actually trying to follow the Canon of Transformers

They are not even entertaining me they make me want to rage and get a time machine to prevent them from ever being made these movies should never have been made.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
Veldie said:
Strife2k7 said:
Veldie said:

Becouse
Krylock said:
Veldie said:

They are not even entertaining me they make me want to rage and get a time machine to prevent them from ever being made these movies should never have been made.
Maybe you should care less about how "it should be" and care more about your entertainment feed.

I'm a huge transformers fan since being a young kid, but i let that slip past me as i watch these new movies. Because i know the M Bay is not trying to follow any canon of the old cartoon. These are completely made up new stories of Transformers, and i'm fine with that.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Oh, I'm not hashing on the films. Totally different universe which doesn't bother me one bit. I'm only offering a suggestion that might allow purists some additional enjoyment and provide Hasbro with additional revenue. Since we all know that Hasbro is a company like any other, interested in making money, that's a solution that could open a new market for them.

That said, I'm one of those people who is able to turn off his brain and enjoy whatever movie I happen to be watching, or turn on my brain and follow more complex plots when it becomes necessary. This may get me a lot of hate, but as bad as RotF was, I thought Tron Legacy was worse, and a bigger waste of my money and time.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I honestly am intrigued. Solely because I just want explosions and Megan Fox. Thats it. Nothing more.

I still don't get the hate for these movies.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
Terminate421 said:
I still don't get the hate for these movies.
Just mad nerds that are claiming "OMMGGG!! THEY RUINED TEH TRANSF0RMERZZ!!!one!11!"

The Evil Foxy

Jul 28, 2010
Horray for more mind-numbing CGI explosive goodness!

With Spielberg co-piloting this flick, my hopes are high.

Azrael the Cat

Dec 13, 2008
Merkavar said:
i dont mind the tranformer movies. explosions. fighting explosions and robots. im not expecting a deep and meaningful movie from transformers, just something to stare at for 1.5 hours.

NAHTZEE said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Krylock said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Not one to speculate this early but I know that Megan Fox was dropped from the threequel (which was planned from a long time now). Happy news for me at least.
Thank god. Now i can rest without her horrible acting ruining these movies.
That still leaves us with that other gremlin, Shia Labeouf!
megatron will take car of him right?

right?
is that meant to be a transformer pun? wasnt megatron a jet? :)
Megatron a jet? Megatron a JET??? A JET???????

For an oldtimer like me, that's enough to declare the whole film franchise heresy that should be outlawed and burnt.

Megatron turns into a GUN, that for some reason is more powerful than any of the other transformer's guns despite being about 50 times smaller (he turned into a handgun, while in robot mode he had a giant cannon, and all the other transformers on both sides hade huge laserguns). He's supposed to turn into the gun, which Starscream grabs mid-transformation and shoots (or Soundwave, if Starscream was on one of his take-over-the-decepticon-leadership ploys that he'd try every few episodes).

I even still have the toy from when I was a kid.

The only exception I'll allow is for the original animated film adaptation back in the 1980s, where Megatron is killed by Starscream and later rebuilt as Galvatron, who turns into a spaceship instead.

I'm only counting that because it was Orson Welles' last acting role and it was freaken sweet, doing the one thing that a 10yr old boy who loved the tv series really wanted to see happen: KILL OFF LOADS OF THE TV SERIES' CHARACTERS:) (let's see: Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, Windcharger, Wheeljack Bumblebee, Rumble and Jazz all get killed off in the first big battle, Dinobots and Constructacons take each other out, Megatron kills Optimus Prime by using Hotrod as a shield so Prime couldn't shoot back, Starscream finally succeeds in overthrowing and killing Megatron, Megatron gets rebuilt as Galvatron and kills Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp for their betrayal...match that Bay! Of course, it helped that the 1986 cartoon-film was an unashamedly b-grade finale to the original TV series, which assumed that the audience all knew the series and characters, so it could spend the whole film killing off characters rather than having to develop them).

But apart from the Galvatron exception, if Megatron doesn't turn into a gun, to be fired by Starscream or Soundwave, he's not Megatron, but just some stooge pseudo-transformer character that's stolen Megatron's name!

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Krylock said:
Then it pans in to a Golden Transformer. I can't tell if it's Decepticon or autobot, though. So we really have no idea whats going to happen in this movie, or even what its about.

I'm bad when it comes to speculation, so i'll let you guys have at it.
It's an Autobot one of the very few things the movies did right was factionise the eye colors red/Decepticons and blue/Autobots thought I have no idea who he's suposed to be however if not just a new or fairly recent Transformer.

I'd say the new movie will be just as bad as the subtitle sounds,but will some how be a hit with general media with critics and others thinking poorly of it though it may improve on previous failures but not by much.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
Lucane said:
Krylock said:
Then it pans in to a Golden Transformer. I can't tell if it's Decepticon or autobot, though. So we really have no idea whats going to happen in this movie, or even what its about.

I'm bad when it comes to speculation, so i'll let you guys have at it.
It's an Autobot one of the very few things the movies did right was factionise the eye colors red/Decepticons and blue/Autobots thought I have no idea who he's suposed to be however if not just a new or fairly recent Transformer.

I'd say the new movie will be just as bad as the subtitle sounds,but will some how be a hit with general media with critics and others thinking poorly of it though it may improve on previous failures but not by much.
And do you know why it will be a hit? Because it provides good entertainment.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Wade-DeadPool said:
Okay.. I will like this movie IF... IF the story is 90% about them and not some damn humans.
I want to see Transformers and Decipticons fight like they have never fight before.
I want to see more of the classic Decipticons and Transformers! Give me this and nobody will get hurt!

...When you say Transfromers do you mean Autobots? becuase Decepticons are Transformers too.

arc1991 said:
The Transformer shown must be Alpha Trion, please Michael don't make it someone like Slag -.-

Can't wait for this film! =D Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Personally I'm hoping it's someone new so we won't have to give a D%*~ about him later being nothing like he was.

gains

Jan 8, 2008
I like that the comments here can be summarized as "this will be a great movie if they just take out EVERYTHING from the first two." You know that won't happen. We'll get to watch The Beef "Woah, woah, wo-woah, wosie-wo-wo-woah!" his way through another slapstick mess while the good stuff, you know, giant robots, take a backseat to military drama so overwrought you'll think the M-1 Abrams tank should be billed as a romantic lead.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I hate to be 'that guy', but isn't this old news? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105981-First-Transformers-3-Trailer-Reveals-40-Year-Old-Secret]

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Krylock said:
And do you know why it will be a hit?(1) Because it provides good entertainment.(2)
1. Because 70% of the time the Autobots will be in vehicle mode in park while humans do all the talking and the most of the rest of the movie could of just been 2 nations fighting each other with new experimental weaponary with one nation wanting to either take over the world or see it destoryed before them from ancient doomsday devices.

2.I'd say that it'd do just fine not spliting the Transformer franchise fanbase If they would of either changed the names of the bigger characters(Optimus/Megatron/Ironhide/Starscream/etc.)I mean they did it for Spike(which became Sam) or just be a similar idea that wasn't actually Transformers which was still supported by Hasbro.

toothofymir

May 6, 2009
It's kinda of hard to watch any Michael Bay movie. I mean physically hard. His camera seem like it's attached to an out-of-control firehouse based on how much it jumps around.