Tribes Ascend Released

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
For those of you who don't know Tribes Ascend just got released (yesterday for me due to it being 1am). I find it pretty fun if a little confusing at first, but its seems like a mix between halo and TF2 IMO. Anyways for those of you who want to try it (and help a fellow forum user out) here's the link:

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=1972222&utm_campaign=email

If you don't want to help me out here's the basic link (meanies):

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

And as an added bonus here's a webpage to unlock the second soldier primary gun as a reward (its codes based but at the time of me writing this there are about 1600 left):

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/0...nch-of-tribes-ascend-with-a-new-weapon-on-us/

I haven't tried it yet since I'm partial to the heavy starting class (Juggernaut I think), but its free so why not.

Also if you want to add me in game my player name is NightHawk521.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Thanks to Luca72 for finding a new giveaway site

Still bit over 900 at time of writing.

http://www.ascendforums.com/topic/73-gold-codes-promo-codes/

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Newest Spinfuser giveaway. Requires a Destructoid Account however.

http://destructoid.com/elephant/redeem_code.phtml

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
NightHawk21 said:
it seems like a mix between halo and TF2 IMO
Thats it, pack your bags and get out, such heresy will not be tolerated in a Tribes thread!
This is a reboot of the old Tribes games, now as a f2p multiplayer only, multiclass FPS, huge maps, absurd speeds, difficult as hell,...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
It is a fun game, I've been playing since they had that free beta code for liking facebook thing a few months ago.

I'm pretty much in agreement with totalbiscuit from his wtf is video, it's just so much fun having some actual speed in an fps game these days, along with the player needing a certain amount of skill to play since the majority of the weapons aren't hitscan based.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Been playing for a while and it's excellent. Hasn't taken me long to get all the classes and try them out enough to "max" out 3 that I like. I haven't got them 100%, because I'm not going to use an assault rifle on a soldier for example.

But no, it's nothing like Halo.

Paladin2905

Sep 1, 2011
That's because Halo was never awesome enough to include the Spinfusor.

Okay, so I haven't played it yet, but if it is anything like the older Tribes games count me in, I loved the focus on maneuvering and the friggin jetpacks.

Classic

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I had been playing the Beta.

However I never seemed to be able to do anything meaningful with the game in my tactics aside of "fire at ground where target will be in a few seconds"

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
I'm tempted to try it. But doesn't it have absurdly high system requirements?
Not particularly, it's just the Unreal 3 engine which is getting on a bit now.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I totally love the pace. The last time I played a game I played with this kind of epic pace was counter-strike:Source, especially on surf maps :D

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
I've just starting playing this. I've never liked FPS games much in the past, but this... is more like a racing game with guns. I love it. It's bloody hard though.

Shame those codes have gone. Soldier is what I've been playing mainly so far, and the starter weapons are a bit naff.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It's damn fun. Just been playing Soldier. Love the thumper.
Still, 42k xp to unlock a new weapon? Fuck that shit yo.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
meh I played the beta it was awful. There was like 3 classes you could play for free you had to either earn the good ones or buy them and all the interesting classes you had to do that for. I don't see how that benefits the game company I'm not going to buy a class for a game straight out of the box and I'm not going to invest enough time in the game playing classes that don't suit my play style to earn the ones that do.

I ended up uninstalling the game the same week I got it pretty much.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
hazabaza1 said:
It's damn fun. Just been playing Soldier. Love the thumper.
Still, 42k xp to unlock a new weapon? Fuck that shit yo.
Ha, if you really want to scream at your screen, look how much the BR for the pathfinder costs. They might have changed in by now but when I was playing a month ago it was priced at 100.000 XP.
Jeeeeeeesus.
I think I'll just stick with my AR and thumper.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Maybe Ill give it a try, fucken free to play aion isn't working, stupid ncsoft account nonsense.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Mr.K. said:
NightHawk21 said:
it seems like a mix between halo and TF2 IMO
Thats it, pack your bags and get out, such heresy will not be tolerated in a Tribes thread!
This is a reboot of the old Tribes games, now as a f2p multiplayer only, multiclass FPS, huge maps, absurd speeds, difficult as hell,...

I'll give you that it is difficult (so very difficult), but the art style reminds me of halo (idk maybe cause I never played the original tribes games).

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I signed up using your referral I think. Ingame name is the same as my username. I usually suck at fps games but what the hell, it's free!