True facts you can't get yourself to believe

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
We probably won't ever meet the other lifeforms from the other hospitable planets in our universe.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
lRookiel said:
That there are people who think that the holocaust never happened, I mean the level of ignorance is just astounding!
Argh, yes, definitely that one.

Though, that's denial for ideological reasons, at leats mostly, rather than not actually knowing.

You get the odd person who ahsn't heard of 9/11, though.

Oh, people voting Princess Diana's death as the most important thing to happen in the 20th century. Fuck.

Jan 13, 2012
Isnt pluto technically a planet, its just called a dwarf planet.

Also the fact that Spongebob is a childrens show, seriously how did they think naming someone mr krabs who lives in bikini bottom child appropriate.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
- The Raspberry Pi foundation is about to release a computer that would have been considered cutting age 20 years ago for £15.
- A particle is simultaneously a wave.
- People believe some of the things Rick Santorum says.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
That particles behave differently when you look at them...

SHOW ME YOUR TRUE FORM!

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
People who refuse to believe that the Holocaust and 9/11 occurred.

Sub atomic particles, damn you. o-o

Polar Bears are actually black. O.O

Milford Cubicle

Nov 17, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
I was going to say the whole "we eat spiders a few times a year when we are asleep" but I pretty sure that is not concrete true fact.
So I guess I go with Pluto is in fact a planet! I just feel that denining it's a planet at all, it's a like a big screw you to the Greek who discover it in the first place and Hades himself.
Clyde Tombaugh was Greek?!

aksel

Nov 18, 2009
Fucking seasons being reversed from hemisphere to hemisphere. I know it's true. I mean, the seasons are there because of the axis of our planet, relative to the sun, is some 24 degrees off. Of course the seasons are reversed.

But seriously man, summer in December. What the shit.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
There actually exists people who think critical thinking and individual thought is a bad thing.
I cannot even begin to fathom how many years of indoctrination it must have taken to create such poor souls.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
At some point in the past, my parents must have had sex. I just... can't accept it.
I've accepted that in my parents...it's my Grandparents who I find it hard to believe...engaged...mainly because I've never met my grand Fathers (the implications of which I'm just going to ignore)

Sex aside; deep fried Beer, Soda and, Ice Cream. I've heard the method and seen what is supposedly the evidence that such things exist but no. No, no, no, no, no. Solids become liquids by achieving low temperatures, not by being deep fried. Yes, I've read about the planet covered in burning ice on Cracked but that's something completely different. Deep-Fried beer, soda and, Ice Cream are more fake than the Bat Boy.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
That there are different sizes of infinity that are infinitely equal.

BLEW..... MY..... MIND.....

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
I was going to say the whole "we eat spiders a few times a year when we are asleep" but I pretty sure that is not concrete true fact.
So I guess I go with Pluto is in fact a planet! I just feel that denining it's a planet at all, it's a like a big screw you to the Greek who discover it in the first place and Hades himself.
Greeks didn't discover pluto, it was too small and far away for them to see, it was only discover in 1930, and was a 11 year old came up with the name, as Pluto is also the name of a god of the underworld, who could turn invisible, the point being that the planet is hard to see.

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
Consciousness can be created.

You weren't conscious when you where just sperm and egg, but at some point your consciousness came into being. And when you die it (arguably) will stop existing.

devilofthemist

Feb 13, 2012
TheRightToArmBears said:
At some point in the past, my parents must have had sex. I just... can't accept it.
but, just to kill all innocent thought, you're grandparents also had to have had sex to create your parents ;) have fun with that mental image

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
MW3 takes up 3 times more space on my hard drive than Skyrim. No DLCs or any downloadable content on either. It boggles my mind. Oh, and yes, I play MW3. Problem? I thought so, deal with it.