Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Well that's probably gonna help Trump in the polls. Nice job idiot. And what if he had killed Trump? Then Trump would just be the martyr the next Republican uses to attack American democracy with.

This also gives the far right a weapon. Now they can say people should stop warning about Trump because it would lead to violence.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Oh fucking hell. The last thing we need is for Trump to get turned into a martyr.

I'm honestly surprised that this doesn't happen more in the US. Given how much access to firearms the average person has, and how much we straight up hate our politicians I'm surprised they go out in public at all without bullet-proof glass between them and their audience.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Was it actually gunshots or just a car backfiring?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Was it actually gunshots or just a car backfiring?
There's plenty of video out there

That is very clearly gunshots, not to mention the pic I posted above where he's bleeding from the ear.

Just needed a few more inches over...*sigh*...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
You already hear the anti Trump crowd say its a false flag but no. Just no.

For one saying so immediately without anything to go of risk making you come off as psychotic so you shouldn't do it.

But more importantly Trump has no need to stage anything. He's already winning and the Biden campaign is in crisis right now. If anything the situation makes an actual assassination attempt more likely due to people fearing a Trump victory.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Im honestly surprised that this hadn't been attempted sooner, but seeing as he lived, this is likely only going to empower him.

The presidential election is about to get much more interesting.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Based on my admitted somewhat limited knowledge of firearms that was either a silenced weapon (yes silenced makes noise) or a pellet gun.
A pellet gun would be the best outcome for all involved. For one they're not typically lethal so it boosts Trump's odds of coming out of this unscathed and if the weapon was less lethal then its harder for the Republicans to use this attack to boost themselves.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Im honestly surprised that this hadn't been attempted sooner, but seeing as he lived, this is likely only going to empower him.
And he was already in the lead while the Democratic campaign is in crisis. We're fucked.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Based on my admitted somewhat limited knowledge of firearms that was either a silenced weapon (yes silenced makes noise) or a pellet gun.
What you hear in videos isn't accurate to what a gunshot actually sounds like. Gunshots are so loud that they completely peak any normal microphone, so loud gunshots end up sounding muffled, which is why gunshots never get captured correctly on video.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah, sorry for the copium crowd, but that was probably a real gun used by a real shooter and Trump really just got shot and barely lived. That's how guns sound on live mics. This graze was the worst possible outcome. Had he actually been killed, it'd turn him into a martyr, which is incredibly bad, but I think the Rs would have a serious internal struggle to replace him. If the shooter missed entirely this could have left the news cycle after a bit.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
What you hear in videos isn't accurate to what a gunshot actually sounds like. Gunshots are so loud that they completely peak any normal microphone, so loud gunshots end up sounding muffled, which is why gunshots never get captured correctly on video.
If you want a closer approximation to how guns actually sound, watch the shootout scene in Heat. Not perfect, but the sounds of the gunshots were captured live on set, rather than dubbed in afterwards.

Reactions: Leg End

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wasn't silenced. Gunshots tend to sound like that on mics.
That is very clearly gunshots, not to mention the pic I posted above where he's bleeding from the ear.
Yeah...

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
If you want a closer approximation to how guns actually sound, watch the shootout scene in Heat. Not perfect, but the sounds of the gunshots were captured live on set, rather than dubbed in afterwards.
If I want to hear how guns sound I'll go to a range and shoot one of the guns I own.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

1720914126569.png

The shooter is dead and so is an attendee. So almost certainly a real gun and not a pellet gun or whatever copium people were using to pretend like we didn't just see someone try to ice the Republican Nominee