Trump assassination attempt

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh fucking hell. The last thing we need is for Trump to get turned into a martyr.
This. Well done someone, you've just made everything worse. Trump gets in, and he can call for emergency powers against the left wing terrorists, and with some justification.

I'm honestly surprised that this doesn't happen more in the US. Given how much access to firearms the average person has, and how much we straight up hate our politicians I'm surprised they go out in public at all without bullet-proof glass between them and their audience.
Also this.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Its not likely but the best case scenario would be centrists taking this as a sign that the polarization Trump unleashed has gone out of control and thus use this as a reason to vote against him.

Though given these same centrists weren't at all bothered by any of Trump's crimes I really doubt that. The more likely scenario is that this will fire up his base, while also chilling people away from calling Trump out for his misdeeds.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
AIA, Can someone clarify, do we live the age where this is already fake news, its all crisis actors, and whatever people get shot every day and we should be desensitized by this by now, or should we willow and worry this is a national tragedy and I need to go out and buy a support ribbon to put on my back windshield?

Sorry I don't know what the rules are currently.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
AIA, Can someone clarify, do we live the age where this is already fake news, its all crisis actors, and whatever people get shot every day and we should be desensitized by this by now, or should we willow and worry this is a national tragedy and I need to go out and buy a support ribbon to put on my back windshield?

Sorry I don't know what the rules are currently.
Panic. Because we're now in a divergent timeline from the Simpsons predictions

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Seems like BS to me, the only things that look like possible teleprompters in the wide shot of that video seem to all still be in tact.
Hard to say for sure. I didn't think his ear looked like it was hit by a bullet when I saw it but was going with the most likely conclusion. I'm sure we'll find out more soon enough.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Apparently eye witness testimony about the shooters approach (coupled with some other video I've seen about that I won't post here because literal dead body) this is seeming actually credible

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
For how cesspooly Twitter has gotten, we can at least get some funny shit out of it sometimes

Nah this isn't Hillary's style.

He didn't shoot himself with his non dominant hand mysteriously in the middle of a cornfield.

Nor did he hang himself from a bunkbed using a sheet breaking his neck in two places while all the CCTV around that time stopped working and the guards checking on the prisoner every 2 hours mysteriously both fell asleep and were out for 4 hours........

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Someone brought up the single best case scenario at this point. The shooter was someone Trump wronged before he was a politician, like one of the construction workers he stiffed in the 90's. Then Trump would have to bury the story.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Wellp,

shit-gonna.gif

Can't wait for all the shitlibs who have been saying nonstop Trump is the single biggest threat to democracy in human history, that he's a foreign stooge and a neo-Nazi, blah-dee-fuckin'-blah to go full Alex Jones.

Reactions: Leg End