Trying to drink myself into oblivion.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009

Definitely one of the most depressing songs out there (also alcohol related).

I'd listen to the people telling you to go easy, though. It won't solve your problems.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I can't drink anymore due to it giving me dangerously high blood pressure.

My favorite drink used to be Kahlua and Cream (simply Kahlua and milk) It tastes like spiked milk chocolate. I was also fond of gin and tonic. Rum and Coke worked in a pinch.

This was one of my favorite (funny) drinking songs--but please don't ACTUALLY drink yourself to death. The karmic payback for me would be a *****. :D

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Candlemass always helps with depression. Doom metal is a *****.

Also I only ever drink beer, soooooooo down a six pack or two?

Face the music: No captcha, I don't want to die yet.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Orbot_Vectorman said:
Hello fellow Escapist's how are you all doing?

I'm feeling a bit down and I'm looking to drink enough alcohol to send myself into oblivion. So does anyone out here have any suggestions to help me along that path?

[Edit] Also, any sad/ depressing songs will do nicely. thank you.
Right before I answer this question I must first abide by 'Responsible Service of Alcohol' and inform you that drinking excessively because you are depressed is A BAD FUCKING IDEA!!!!!!!! DON"T DO IT!!!!!!!

Now that that's out of the road...

I recommend items that you can't drink quickly. If you're going to be propped up in a bar somewhere wrestling with your thoughts you want to have a drink that you sip. Thinking and drinking something that can be chugged, shot or quaffed does not help you, however if you have a strong alcoholic cocktail like a martini, any kind of sour, or even a spirit on the rocks I find is beneficial. Instead of running away and hiding in the alcohol, the alcohol becomes a gate way into your worries. You can look inside yourself and deal with one problem at a time, and when you've gazed into that problem for as long as you've needed to, take a sip and gaze into the next problem.

Also something expensive. This isn't to make you feel better or pretentious. What it does is severely limits the number of drinks you can buy, you'll probably only have four drinks and find that it's time to go home. I also find that walking between venues is helpful as it's time where you're out in the fresh air and your still thinking but without alcohol. Plus you get some exercise too.

If that isn't your style however I strongly recommend you don't drink alone. Drinking to excess when on a down can lead you to some bad places, like hospital or the cop shop, because you drank too much and your depression turned into anger and you got into a fight with someone, or you got alcohol poisoning and wound up in a ditch.

Please be careful.

As for music. Don't play sad and depressing music for Gawds sake! Play something that makes you smile, if not for fun then for nostalgia. PLay music that brings back the good times, the funny times, maybe a little of the sad times too. I find jazz and blues very good for this. Also if your with a group of people, play the songs that need to be sung together and badly - like Bon Jovi or something.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
I second evil's opinion. Can't endorse drinking to forget, I walked that road once. If you want something soulful and a little sad, my go to song has always been Time's Scar from the Chrono Cross soundtrack. When the Levee Breaks by Led Zep is a close second for me.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Kurt Cristal said:
No, you can't listen to depressing songs! Listen to happy songs when you're drinking. Here, have a happy hardcore song from the 90s by some wacky German EDM group with a music video that will make you double take while you're inebriated.

My work here is done.
Yes yes and more yes. Use the alcohol to wash down some pills (that you can buy from your local "pharmacist") you will have a fantastic time and you will no longer have any need to drown your sorrows

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
Respect, I know what you feel like.

But you know alcohol only makes things worse, right?
Well, I know about this fungus... it's a very special fungus, because when you eat it, things get weird. Helped me a lot when I was living in a deep dark depression.
Just a friendly advice, of course.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Vodka or whiskey. Make sure you don't drink alone, though; get some friends around you, so you don't end up hitting someone and/or end up in hospital/behind a bar/in the gutter.

As for sad/depressing songs...it's a cliche, but I'd suggest Mad World by Gary Jules. Alternatively, a good melancholy video game track would be David Wise's "Stickerbrush Symphony" from Donkey Kong Country 2. As for a film, Leaving Las Vegas, with Nicolas Cage in one of his best performances. Although I'm not sure what effects someone drunk watching a film with someone who's non-stop drunk can have, but hey, it is what it is.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
I don't like alcohol. Stuff tastes so bad to me.
Still, I can sympathize with you if you are having a shit day.

Have some music.