Tsunami "payback" for Pearl Harbour

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
Disgusting. Once again, my own people disgust me. LET IT GO. That was a different time. We punished a lot of Japanese Americans completely unfairly and many Japanese Americans proved to be among the greatest soldiers fighting for the Allies. They did what they thought was right. Fuck those assholes who are enjoying another country's disaster.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
cyrogeist said:
Dude...people are assholes and besides...weren't the NUKES payback?
And the firebombings, and the absolute castration of Japan afterwards, which to be fair, was kind of necessary given the empire's history of being irredeemable douchebags. They're better now, which is what makes this whole thing so unfair.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
If thats true, then I wonder what our payback will be for genocide of the native american tribes who populated this land prior to our colonization...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Eico said:
cyrogeist said:
Dude...people are assholes and besides...weren't the NUKES payback?
That was more like revenge than retribution.
Can we clear this up: Hiroshima and Nagasaki are far more complex issues than people on this thread are making out. They quite arguably saved far more lives than they took.

[sub]Note that I'm not condoning either event, just pointing it out.[/sub]

fooddood3

Nov 5, 2010
aegix drakan said:
........Ok, that's just disgusting.

Also didn't the US already get their payback when they NUKED TWO INNOCENT CIVILIAN TOWNS?!

...Think the world forgot about THAT?
This comes up every time, and I get tired of having to remind people that the nukes in Japan saved more lives than they ended.
EDIT: Ninja'd

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
neonit said:
thats just sick and f***** pathetic. makes you wonder why some people hate america eh? well, with "ambassadors" like this, what did you expect?
Funny you should say that. The actual ambassadors are much worse. Not only are they rude idiots, they are powerful and privileged as well.

sessionxiii

Mar 29, 2010
how absurd, and what a horrible thing to say. at my school we're already thinking of ways to help donate to relief funds for Japan, so don't go thinking all Americans think this. =/

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Jonabob87 said:
If this has already been brought up, do forgive but this has been brought to my attention:

http://media.riemurasia.net/albumit/mmedia/4x/gg/w9bm/253758/794541220.jpg

Apparently there is a fair amount of Americans claiming that the Tsunami currently ravaging Japan can be seen as payback for an attack in WW2.

"getting a little more payback for peal harbour. they thought we forgot about that BS, didn't they?"

"Remember pearl harbour? Go tsunami go!"

Only two brief examples of a torrent of idiotic comments that seriously make one wonder where people get this crap from.

What are your thoughts, Escapists?
I think it's really funny how some on this forum are actually lumping these few total dickheads with an entire nation of culturally diverse people.

Two sides of the same coin.

I have met many Americans and am proud to call some my friends -- they are very humane and intelligent people.

I think some of us here need to remind themselves that there are assholes and saints everywhere.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
We got back for that a long time ago. We won the war, we nuked them. I think it's just cruel that people are taking joy in this.

Nadiril

Dec 28, 2008
This, just my mind is absolutely blown. But in saying that, I think the dumbest quote on there has to be

"those krauts deserve to be hit by an earthquake tsunami for nuking pearl harbour".

Seriously... just so many things wrong with that statement I think I had a minor aneurysm after reading it.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
Honestly, this is probably one of the most appalling and disgusting things I have ever read. A disaster with over a thousand dead, over ten thousand missing, and crisis at a nuclear plant, and they are gloating, calling it justice, and some even calling "gods will". Truly disturbing how low people can go..

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
crepesack said:
Funny because I bet they all love japanese cars, technology, and food.
I wonder how many of these people own a ps3.

Wow, people are special. Those pictures make me realize where racism and stupidity come from.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Ih8pkmn said:
You might be a redneck if....

...you blame a society we are at peace with for something that happened 70 years ago-which the current leaders have no control over- and think that a natural disaster is "payback".
well actually most say it's God/karma that are doing this.

OT: one person said 'but remember those idiots started world war 2', *clears throat* no they fucking didn't America just didn't give a crap about world war 2 till pearl harbour.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
iseko said:
I wonder what 9/11 was for then... Idiots
Well, Jerry Falwell blamed it on the gays and the lesbians. Why would he be wrong?(!)

There's always going to be retards cheering when a catastrophe occurs in a prominent country, like it's a sports match or something. Same thing happend with 9/11, saying it was what America deserved for being a dick.