Twitch removes famous emote

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
How is this thread still going?

Do people really give that much of a shit about a Twitch emoji?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Don't you see? This is their plan:

1. Take our twitch emotes
2. Jail us for thought-crime
3. ???
4. Profit
Well history does have rather a trend of such puritan / ideological based removal and changing of things leader to more such things.

A fig leaf leading to massive efforts to censor art.
A weird video nasty horror movie leading to attempts to censor Doctor Who and having A Clockwork Orange pulled from distribution.

Tell me, if the emote is so unimportant and means so little why would Twitch not keep it?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Let's put this straw man to bed. The emote isnt censored, channels are still free to include it, it is not banned from the site.

It simply isnt a universal free twitch provided emote anymore. The company decided his face no longer represents them.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Let's put this straw man to bed. The emote isnt censored, channels are still free to include it, it is not banned from the site.

It simply isnt a universal free twitch provided emote anymore. The company decided his face no longer represents them.
Goshdarnit, now all them insecure kids have to go and find another reason to play victim.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
So this thread, about one twitch icon being cancelled have reached six eighteen paiges.

How many in the one about twitch's late atrocious copyright practices?
How is this thread still going?

Do people really give that much of a shit about a Twitch emoji?
Apparently.

Tell me, if the emote is so unimportant and means so little why would Twitch not keep it?
Because they don't want to associate with gootecks anymore.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Because they don't want to associate with gootecks anymore.
Don't you get it? Freedom of speech for some comes with a revocation of the freedom of association for others, for some bloody unfathomable reason.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
and? I'm sure plenty of people at Twitch want to see the TB emote go, so should that be next?
If Twitch wants to, sure. What's your point here? Twitch as a company has the freedom to host whatever emotes they want and are free to change their minds on a whim.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If Twitch wants to, sure. What's your point here? Twitch as a company has the freedom to host whatever emotes they want and are free to change their minds on a whim.
Just the madness of it's all.

This is a platform where throwing cats and the latest controversy of hurling abuse at a cancer patient barely make a blip but a guy saying something which lets be honest wasn't inciting violence or revolution but suggested people are human beings was deemed to be so offensive Twitch had to take action?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

This is a platform where throwing cats and the latest controversy of hurling abuse at a cancer patient barely make a blip but a guy saying something which lets be honest wasn't inciting violence or revolution but suggested people are human beings was deemed to be so offensive Twitch had to take action?
If you don't like them, don't support them. That's how capitalism works.

edit: If you're not a fan of capitalism, I'm sure one of our fellow forum-goers such as Seanchaidh, Tippy, etc would be more than happy to introduce you to a competing economic philosophy.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If you don't like them, don't support them. That's how capitalism works.

edit: If you're not a fan of capitalism, I'm sure one of our fellow forum-goers such as Seanchaidh, Tippy, etc would be more than happy to introduce you to a competing economic philosophy.
I don't support Twitch pretty much lol. I'm not some-one throwing money at Streamers, if anything I've probably cost Twitch more than they make from me lol

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Citation needed on those controversial 'not making a blip'. I heaed about those and I hardly Twitch. Because its was all over the news, shaming said people