Twitter Poster Supposedly Reveals Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Secrets

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Twitter Poster Supposedly Reveals Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Secrets

Apparently, freelance photojournalists are out for in Capcom's crossover fighter, and vampires and giant robots are in.

A Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/klennox22] poster calling himself Ken Lennox is supposedly spilling the beans on Marvel vs Capcom 3's remaining secrets, including the rest of the game's characters. The account appeared two days ago, and appears to have been set up expressly to make this information public.

According to Lennox, the remaining Capcom characters are Final Fight's Haggar - as was rumored back in October [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104869-Rumor-Final-Fights-Muscular-Mayor-in-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3] - Street Fighter's Akuma, and Darkstalkers' Hsien-Ko. On the Marvel side, we can expect Jean Grey/Phoenix and a mutant hunting Sentinel from the X-Men comics, and Taskmaster, a villain with the ability to learn and replicate a person's fighting style just by watching them. Also appearing in the game, although not as a playable character, will be the planet-eating giant Galactus, who Lennox claims is the game's final boss.

Lennox also had some interesting tidbits about characters that didn't make it into the game. Dead Rising's Frank West was originally planned to appear, for example, but there were technical issues with some of his moves, forcing Capcom to cut him from the game. Apparently, Capcom wanted to include Cyclops and Venom as well, but Marvel vetoed them. Phoenix Wright was also considered, but no one ever took his inclusion very seriously, and Mega Man was ruled out very early on because he didn't bring anything unique to the game.

Lennox made it very clear that he didn't work for Capcom, although he emphasized the word "for," suggesting that he has some kind of relationship with them. He was unwilling to give up any information about his source, except for saying that a lot of third parties had had access to the game at some point or another.

Obviously, it's more than a little suspicious that a Twitter account should appear out of nowhere and start reeling off "facts" about MvC3. It goes without saying that people should approach this information with a considerable amount of skepticism, but I must admit, most of what Lennox is saying seems pretty reasonable. We'll be able to find out if there's any truth to this information pretty quickly however, as Lennox says that Capcom will reveal the next pair of characters - Hsien-Ko and Phoenix - at the Jump Festa [http://www.jumpfesta.com/top.html] event in Japan this weekend.

Source: Shoryuken [http://shoryuken.com/content/rumor-twitter-account-claims-leaking-marvel-vs-capcom-3-reveal-plans-2773/]

Dec 14, 2009
Damn. I would have liked to see Sakura or Cammy. Looks like I'll have pick two new characters to team up with Amaterasu...

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Shame that there won't be a symbiote and that it doesn't look like gambit made the cut. but the idea of playing as phoenix does appeal. will look forward to the official announcements tho.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I'm all for new characters in installments and all, but I think this is starting to get out of hand. There are already people threatening to boycott the game since certain characters aren't going to be revealed (or have yet to be revealed, through commercials or otherwise).

I'm taking this with a grain of salt anyway. If they are included, great (I guess). If not, oh well. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game regardless.

Misho-

May 20, 2010
Well I'm hoping they release them for DLC... I'll have to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO No Venom, no Gambit, no Cyclops, no Frank West and No Dr. Willy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I get Haggar and no Guile (F that guy in th A) :)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Horay for Taskmaster! and I glad to see Hsien-Ko is still in it. I don't see why Jean Grey/ Phoenix is in it since last time I check in the comics she not in it. It should of been Emma Frost.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
Akuma?! how many more Street fighters you want?! I was seriously expecting the VS from Lost Planet, since it was featured in TvC.
Kinda funny they would take Megaman away because he didn't contribute anything "unique" to the game yet they put Mr. Dark Ryu himself in the roster.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Wait wait wait... I thought it was confirmed the only Darkstalkers characters that would be in MvC3 were Morrigan and Felicia? I call bullshit on this.

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
These come from a list posted by a poster known as "Lupinko". His list is given credence by it matching every reveal since the list (even predicting Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine as DLC).

I think this information is right, but it's not as if it's new.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I have mixed opinions. Not including scepticism, they are:

Marvel side has 6 X-Men characters if this is true.
No Megaman? Capcom's biggest icon not in this? If just one part of this is false, it has to be this statement.
All the 'cut' guys will be DLC. I'm calling it now.
Galactus as final boss. This is awesome. Very awesome.
Akuma is either BS, DLC, or there is a serious problem here.
I'm fine with Hagar, Taskmaster and Hsien-ko.

Still looking forward to this game.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I am very disappointed because I wanted there to be like a gazillion characters like the second one, now I'm even more disappointed.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Akuma? What does he bring except all the 12 year olds who play as him but dont know how to use him?

Including Akuma is just lazy on capcoms part. With their back catalogue they could have done so much more.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
No Frank West!!! What the hell?!
Also, No Venom and No Mega Man?! Again... What the Hell?!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Believeable, except for one thing... NO Megaman? He adds NOTHING unique to the game? really? Especially considering they never even tried to use X... but they add Ryu-clone Akuma? I'm calling shenannigans on that one, even if it is true.

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Zero (and Akuma, to a lesser extent). But to cut out the Blue Bomber for Zero is ludicrous.

Edit: I could understand why Marvel might want to veto Cyclops, but Venom? That doesn't make sense to me either.