Two quick questions

Dec 14, 2009
Cyfu said:
Jonluw said:
If you watch the dvds on your computer, region locks normally don't matter.
At least if you have VLC or MPC-HC.

As for the whole atheist thing: Wanting to do things doesn't make you a bad person. Doing things does.
Trying to convert someone does not make you a bad person either.
Being inconsiderate and hurtful does.
if watching whose line is it anyway on VLC works then I know what I will be doing for the next weeks ^^.

so no to the trying to convince the religious people?

Daystar Clarion said:
I can't be the only one who loves the irony in that post...

It's friggin' killing me over here.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean?

ClockworkPenguin said:
When religious people are annoying its because they think their God told them to. What's your excuse?
uhm.. What makes you say that I'm annoying?

Erana said:
1. That's awfully juvenile of you to feel that way. Think of it like this: http://xkcd.com/386/
Not to mention, being convinced that you're right opens your up to plenty of scrutiny yourself.

2. Its your conscience, but if you have to ask others if its alright, that may well mean that you think its wrong and you're looking for others to soothe your guilty jiminy.
1) well, in my defense I am 17.. and yeah i know it is kind of stupid to think this way which is why I never actually do it.

2) I guess. I don't like to pirate things, but I really love the show. and what the hell is jiminy?

capcha (or however you write it): bond, james bond
1) so, I am an atheist and I want to convince religious people that their view is wrong. I want to crush their views so that they realize how wrong they are. Am i a bad person?
Replace a few words and that's exactly what I hate about religious zealots.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Cyfu said:
1) so, I am an atheist and I want to convince religious people that their view is wrong. I want to crush their views so that they realize how wrong they are. Am i a bad person?

2) so I love the show "whose line is it anyway" but I can't buy it in any stores in Norway. I tried looking sites where i could order the seasons online, but they are locked to a region. I think it's locked to USA or something.
anyways, hypothetically could I Pirate the seasons with a clean conscience?

I DO NOT PIRATE ANYTHING!! IT'S JUST A QUESTION!! (gotta watch out for the banhammer)
1) Yes you are. It is nor more your business what someone believes in that it is my business what you believe in. Explicitly going up to people and telling them they're wrong and "crushing" what could be pretty important to them makes you a horrible and terribly annoying person.

2) How do you expect us to tell you whether you'll have a clean conscience. Depends how strong your morals are I suppose. Shit there are people who can kill people and have a clean conscience, but that doesn't make it right. So here's your answer: legally no you can't, morally, well that's really up to you ain't it.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Cyfu said:
You are not a bad person, but I am afraid to say you are an moron. Precisely, a moron for thinking that your atheist view is right and that religious views are wrong.
No, I don't believe in the Christian God, nor am I follower of any other religion. But God forbid (heh) will I say that anyone's view is 'wrong'. How would I know? Or you, for that matter?

ALso, it reminded me of this here:
[youtube]x7chup0dZ1s[/youtube]

Regarding your second question: I reckon you will have to consult your own conscience for that.

SEXTON HALE

Apr 12, 2012
Well using the right amount of directionally applied force you should be able to crush
just about anything. As for being a nice person I dont think youre asking the right person here.

On the issue of piracy if you cant get what you're looking for any other way go for it
But I would make some kind of charitable donation just so I dont feel like a thieving prick.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
malmodir said:
Trying to convince someone of your opinion is not a bad thing. As long as you stay with arguments.
On the other hand your view of their view being wrong is wrong. This whole thing is a matter of faith. There are no facts which support any side in the fundamental question: The existence or nonexistence of one or more gods/godlike entities. So if you are an atheist or any kind of theist is completely based on your personal believes and nothing else. Looking down on theists is a condemnable act of ignorance. It's the same as when for example a christian thinks he's better than a jew.

Don't get me wrong I'm on no side in this arguement but my own. In my opinion both theists and atheist need a lot more tolerance. In matters of faith no one is wrong in the end.

My personal problem with atheists is that most of them think their believes are science proven facts and this is simply wrong. The only scientific fact about the matter is that the existence of one or more gods/godlike entities it's neither falsifiable nor verifiable.
Quoted and friended for Truth. I couldn't have said this better myself.

Anyway...

OP (of the thread), if you happen to read this, I find you too offensive to reply to.
I have also reported you (and the thread). And I have added you to my Ignore list. Good day.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Bloodstain said:
Cyfu said:
You are not a bad person, but I am afraid to say you are an moron. Precisely, a moron for thinking that your atheist view is right and that religious views are wrong.
No, I don't believe in the Christian God, nor am I follower of any other religion. But God forbid (heh) will I say that anyone's view is 'wrong'. How would I know? Or you, for that matter?

ALso, it reminded me of this here:
[youtube]x7chup0dZ1s[/youtube]

Regarding your second question: I reckon you will have to consult your own conscience for that.
see this is why I asked. and exactly why i won't be a douchebag when i meet a religious people. I had a feeling most of you would answer like this and i agree with those who say that completely. I had to be sure what was ok and what was douchebagery. Now I know.

EDIT: for some reason i can't see the video.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
1) Religious beliefs are personal beliefs and thus perfectly irrational. It's normal to want for other people to believe what you believe. But you shouldn't preach to others. Wanting to do something is one thing, doing it is another. Unless some ass preaches to you first. Then it's gloves off and feelings are ripe for hurtin'.

2) Technically, it's illegal. But nobody really respects region locking. Go for it.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Cyfu said:
Bloodstain said:
Cyfu said:
Snip
see this is why I asked. and exactly why i won't be a douchebag when i meet a religious people. I had a feeling most of you would answer like this and i agree with those who say that completely. I had to be sure what was ok and what was douchebagery. Now I know.

EDIT: for some reason i can't see the video.
I see, all right. I suppose that's good, then.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
1. As an Agnostic leaning towards Chrisitanity, I find it incredibly annoying when anyone of any belief whether Christian, Muslim, Atheist or Kopimist, attempts to convert me to their belief without being asked.

Religion, in my opinion is a journey of the individual, and while others can give their opinions when asked, they should not force them down someone's throaghts. Again, this applies to both nuclear christians, and radical athiests.

2. Perhaps you could buy the region-locked DVDs and then pirate them? Seems like the closest solution to actually buying them

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
1) No, you are not a bad person. You are totally, totally right. But you have to do it with a little respect, leaving at least some dignity left of the religion.

2) There are legal ways of doing this. There are sites (down here, one of them is called Veamer, I don't know if it's an international one), to who you pay a fixed amount of money a month and you get to download all the films and series you like. This is completely legal, and you have a much broader search area then just your local store.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Question #1: Not necessarily...

I'm an athiest too but I don't do that. I do love to argue and if someone starts a religious debate then hell yeah, I'm gonna try and crush em!

...if your like me, very steadfast and willing to crush religion only when prevoked, then no, you aren't bad... However, if you go around slinging godless slander looking for a bitchfest then yes, yes you are a terrible person

Question #2: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=whose+line+is+it+anyway+complete+series&sprefix=whose+line+is+it+any%2Caps%2C259

If you wanna buy them (expensive, but it's alwys good to have a physical copy... A lot funner then pirating too!)

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6494063/Whose_Line_is_it_Anyway

If you wanna pirate it... Free, faster, and legal in Norway (isn't it?). You shouldn't have a dirty conscience for pirating movies. If you do anyways then... suck it up I guess. Go donate the money it would cost to buy it in a physical copy to a charity or something...
where have you heard that it is legal to pirate things in Norway? xD
no, no it's not. although I don't think anyone cares about Norway enough to actually do something about it if we pirate.
I'm very curious to hear what made you think that it was legal though, maybe you're thinking of the Swedish political party?

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Cyfu said:
There is nothing wrong with arguing about religion as long as you are being respectful. Also this is important if you are going to be telling people they are wrong you have to be open to the idea you could be wrong as well, you cannot question someone and not expect them to question you back.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Cyfu said:
1) well, in my defense I am 17.. and yeah i know it is kind of stupid to think this way which is why I never actually do it.

2) I guess. I don't like to pirate things, but I really love the show. and what the hell is jiminy?
1. I'd rather call your feelings juvenile than call you a bad person over something that you aren't actually forcing on others. In fact, its good that you're aware of the consequences of acting on such desires.
We all have our own things, all we can do is keep them in check. :)

Edit: Dammit, I totally messed up the quote....

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
1) That depends. Would you be interested in submitting to the great overlord of the cosmos urkidinoklad?

I mean, it's not like there's any other legitimate way to live life than following great lord urkidinoklad and his profound philosophies, right?

2) Not legal, but I personally wouldn't call the authorities on you if you did.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
1. If you wanna bash your head against the wall, go ahead.
2. Dunno bout that. Being an American has A LOT of perks.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
1) your not bad, just annoying. you are basically the atheist equivalent to the mormons everybody hates to see at their door. if people want to convert or look into religion then they will do so on their own. if they dont want to convert then that means they are firmly settle in their religion already and no amount of poking will make them move

your question is entirely illogical. religion is something rooted in faith and emotion and you cannot fight against such things with logic (the key tool for atheism). i cant convince a nazi to stop hating black people through biology, history, or my morals because they do not share any of those things with me on the issue and their reasonings are much more deeply rooted in who they are and thus uprooting them is to uproot the person entirely and people are extremely resistant to such things.

take a course in argumentation and your teacher should go over this when they come to the topic of writing/ speaking to the audience and keeping in mind who you are talking to. basically the more deeply rooted an idea the more difficulty one will have persuading them. if you insult the idea too much the audience takes it personally and wont expose themselves to your ideas but if you come across to soft then you appear weak and your claims do not seem grounded enough. so your walking a tight rop[e and you either solidify your audience or you reinforce them, either way you accomplish a goal contrary to your initial undertaking

2) im not touching this, i like my account

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Cyfu said:

2) so I love the show "whose line is it anyway" but I can't buy it in any stores in Norway. I tried looking sites where i could order the seasons online, but they are locked to a region. I think it's locked to USA or something.
anyways, hypothetically could I Pirate the seasons with a clean conscience?

I DO NOT PIRATE ANYTHING!! IT'S JUST A QUESTION!! (gotta watch out for the banhammer)
1. Wanting to doesn't make you a bad person, just a human being. Actually being cruel to people by stamping on their beliefs would make you an unkind person, but I still wouldn't go as far as "bad".

2. With a clean conscience? Probably. Legally? No.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
1) yeah, i would say so. Religion is a comfort to people, why would you take that away?

2) No. Pirating is wrong. I don't care what the justification is. However, you can stream them legally at whosline.org or whosline.com or something like that. I don't watch the show but like 2 days ago a friend was talking about this website that had a random button for a random episode and all the episodes and seasons.