U mad bro racist?

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
What retards.

I'm betting there's like 3 people in that entire video that have ever been anywhere near the internet.

Should've used the proper 'u mad bro'.

Jun 11, 2008
I laughed when they somehow got racism out of it but I do have agree that no matter what way you look at it that it was bad sportsmanship as you are supposed to be a good loser and a good winner. That's just people for you. Although in fairness to Fox they were just presenting people that thought it was racist and others that didn't and I mean while Urban Dictionary is a ridiculous source for a news story this is a meme we are talking about. A ridiculous story needs an equally ridiculous source to back it up.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Mcupobob said:
I once put a thread up here as a experiment. It was a historical piece about famous African Americans through out American history and included some interesting facts about historical black figures who helped shaped our nation. It was immediately racist simply because Glen Beck was doing it. Now I don't like Glen he's a false libertarian and I hate the image he spreads about our party but the piece in noway had to do with anything political and contained no racial hatred.

I also don't care much for Fox news but I watched the video, and they simple reported on the story without giving an opinion expect that the phrase wasn't intended as racist but simply an Internet thing. Now I'm wondering how many people came into the thread saw the video was from Fox and simply came in to bash the Fox?
Yeah, I can see it someday.

Gamer 1: FOX News just did a report that puppies are cute!

Gamer 2: Wait, did you just say FOX News?

Gamer 1: Yep.

Gamer 2: You hear that, people? How dare FOX insinuate that puppies are cute without including kittens! That's species-ist!!!

Gamer 3: How dare they!

Gamer 4: FOX needs to go die in a fire!

Gamer 5: This piece had nothing to do with kittens!

Gamers 2, 3 and 4: (all quote Gamer 5) Shut up you Glenn Beck-watching, Bush-loving, racist, Christian Bible-monger! FOX News would be the Devil, if he existed!

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm sorry, fans being assholes during a sporting event is news?

No, there's no racial intent, but fans are just being douchey, as fans tend to be.

We had a soccer team here with a larger than usual goalie, and that team's OWN fans would heckle him by bringing celery to matches and throwing it at him, inferring 'try a salad, fatty'.

Sure it'd be nice if assholes weren't assholes, but this isn't a race issue, its an asshole issue.

elcher

Mar 19, 2011
And when i think that humanity can not possibly find a new low fox "news" surprises me again!

Holy shit son.

Davih

May 7, 2011
U mad bro? is clearly the most racist statement in the world...
Silly NAACP.

Matt East

Apr 4, 2011
They do realize that white people say bro too, right?, right?!?

But seriously, in shit like this, it's not racist until somebody says it is.

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
To be honest, the only thing for which FOX deserves a punch in the nuts is that they don't have anything more interesting to report on other then that... like someone said they didn't pick a side in this quarrel. Though they did fail to understand the phrase anyway so good job :-D

The old black dude, probably coach, obviously doesn't know that "bro" ain't used just by black people anymore so whatever. The young dude was right though it does show a lack of sportsmanship but what really worries me are the 40+ white daddies saying how racist it is and how it might hurt someones feelings...insensitivity in sport? :O The guys who lost should get mad, train bit more and roflstomp the trolls team next year ... though I guess crying in the corner is an option as well.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
"I think the word Bro has a racial connotation to it" LOL WUT?

Also, FOX news using Urban Dictionary as a source is hysterical.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
Why is it racist? Because of the Bro part? I don't get it. I hear more white guys say bro than black guys these days.

Or is it racist because the guy who started the phenomenon happens to be black?

Total fail of a report

(also captacha fail, how am I supposed to type a 'schwa')

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
EcksTeaSea said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm30cepvMQA

Seriously? How do you find anything related to race in this? Why is Fox not from the internet and always so dumb? Its so depressing to see people take offense out of nothing.

For discussion value, how hard did you laugh?
Ufoxh8ter? JK

Actually, Fox isn't the ones to blame, they're not the ones claiming it is a racist term but rather reporting the "controversy" by the people at the sports game. They looked it up on Urban Dictionary. It's just unfortunate that many people at that sports game aren't up to date on their internet memes...

DarksideFlame

Feb 9, 2011
Wooow, I seen a lot of stupid things from Fox and elsewhere but this was a new low in tragically stupid

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I find it funny how Fox is still getting hate for this. They reported on why some found it racist, then they went even further and attempted to explain what the actual meaning was behind it. Most of their viewers are not aware of internet slang, so they informed them.

Granted it isn't really newsworthy, but lets not even pretend that Fox is the only one guilty of that.

As for the actual story. I can understand why the school doesn't approve of it, as it's poor sportsmanship. But the racist claim is silly.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Oh hello there again Fox News, I see you are trying to desperately grasp at anything that could potentially be a news story... again >.>