Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Hannibal942 said:
FRENCH REVOLUTION

How can this not be an option?
Ok, forget what I said before, that should be an option. Its not nearly as much of a stretch as assassins in ancient Egypt or China (how the hell would a caucasian man blend into Medieval Asia?), and there's a lot more you can do with the subject matter.

Also, when are we going to get a female assassin?

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
gphjr14 said:
Given all the hints in Revelations I'd be surprised if it wasn't set in China. Marco Polo's father made an appearance as well as Mongols, and Marco Polo ventured to China during the Yuan Dynasty which was ruled by Mongols so it's not hard to create a story where a Han Chinese assassin takes on Mongols.

If they did Japan they could do during the Meiji Restoration.

That or England During the Act of Supremacy when Henry VIII broke with the Catholic Church.
Having a degree in history I think there's a lot more interesting periods of history than just Europe and Colonial America.
Have you played to the very end? Because:

Desmond and company will be in the United States at the Vault, as shown in the map during Jupiter's monologue. So, even if the historical section is somewhere else, at the very least DESMOND will be in the United States.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Ancient Rome 100%. I'd love to see Rome recreated by the crafty hands of Ubi at the height of it's excellence. A more faithful recreation would truly never have been done before.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
British empire purely because it'll have the most shit to climb and climbing pyramids would be seriously boring.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Inside a computer.

My vote goes to China. All kinds of awesome stuff to play around with. Gunpowder, crossbows, flamethrowers, rocket chairs... the list goes on and on.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
wait what? I thought the Czar was overthrown by the Russian Republic, which was in turn overthrown by the communists! In any case, I like having guns as secondary weapons in Assassin's Creed, so I don't really want a game dominated by bolt action rifles, regardless of how interesting that period was.

Medieval China seems interesting (though I wonder how the assassin will be related to an Italian guy or an Arabic guy), as does Victorian England

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
cgentero said:
I don't think the American settings would work as there weren't any really tall buildings around then AFAIK. Victorian England probably get my vote followed by Russian Revolution.

Actually now that I think about quite a few of these might not work given the prevalence of firearms.
Because AC: Revalations and Brotherhood totally did not have guns......

America would give the series more to do, the last 2 games were just more of the same with new ideas inserted regardless of how bad or useless they were (like assasin recruits or tower defense) to look like the new game is something people should buy, with the America's you can rid it of the whole city thing and add in stalking through the woods, climbing tree to tree, have all sorts of traps set in place etc. etc. and you can have an excuse for not having as many guns. That said the American revolution? Why during then? The French and Indian war had tons more fighting with Indians and determined their fate for the next 200 years with the weakening of the Iroquois Confederation.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
You know what...Anything except Japan... Seriously...Go play a Ninja game...dont want the weeaboo in my Assassin's Creed.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
You mean they don't even have this planned out yet? Jesus, can't they just jump to modern day and be done with it?

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Feudal Japan or Medieval China. That was where I thought 2 would be set due to all the pagodas and such at the end of the first one...

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Feudal Japan or Medieval China would both be sweet.

Also lol at the distinct 3 responses. Either on topic, not knowing that this for the game after the Desmond arc, and people apparently needing to go out of their way to say lol Ubisoft/AC sucks.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I'd be really, really, REALLY interesting to see them tackle the American Revolution. I think that would get my vote.

Feudal Japan and ancient Egypt would be my other two preferences.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Victorian England!
I can imagine a lot of climb-y stab-y in that setting.
Tying Jack The Ripper to the Illuminati... OR THE ASSASSINS!

iNsaneMilesy

Dec 10, 2008
I dont think they even got desmonds lineage right, its fucked all to hell. They tried to make it link up but its wrecked any chance for new ideas... would have liked to see it stick with desmond and move forward in time a few hundred years each game to solve the puzzle rather than fuck around with Ezio for 3 games. Wouldve like to see it go to the next large era of cutural change in the revolultionary periods of the British empire and French/American Revolutions, then to the British industrial period, then ww1 (frans ferdnand assissination kicking off the great war maybe) and ww2 etc etc until desmond's time. Also something that has always bothered me is Desmond Miles is VERY English name so he would have to have direct ancestors from there at some point. But I think Ubi has screwed themselves by letting the ezio thing go on for WAY too long and burning out the francise and the Desmond character. Cutting desmond's story short is a waste. Desmond was US trying to work out what the fuck is going on, of course im not sure Ubisoft even knows.

iNsaneMilesy

Dec 10, 2008
Also screw Japan or the east for this franchise, there have been a million ninja/asian etc assassin games, yet pretty much nothing other than AC set in the western world. Keep it interesting, new and fresh.