Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
ksn0va said:
None! Set it in the present and wrap up Desmond's story already!
What this guy/girl/monkey said. I'm about done with Desmond and I'd like to see him get a decent cut of gameplay before they kick him off the shitter.

TheVoodooFrog

Nov 18, 2009
SecretNegative said:
TheVoodooFrog said:
Or they could just finish the story with Desmond and stop being whores.
The problem is that no one wants Desmond, and since Ubisoft aren't Sonic Team and actually listen to their fanbase they basically do nothing with Desmond at all.

Actually they should in Assasin's Creed 3 just go with "Desmond and his girlfriend had a heartattack and died, now we'll be focusing on his ancestors and his scooby-gang."

I'd be cheering.
Thats actually pretty much my main problem with Assassins Creed. Ezio is ten times more interesting that Desmond can ever be. Hell, I'd prefer to see a game about Shawn than Desmond. If they just finish up Desmond's weird religious alien shite story, they could really let loose and just explore different assassins personal stories. Those would be far more interesting than the nonsense they've come up with to explain Desmond's reason for being in the game.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
pirateninj4 said:
ksn0va said:
None! Set it in the present and wrap up Desmond's story already!
What this guy/girl/monkey said. I'm about done with Desmond and I'd like to see him get a decent cut of gameplay before they kick him off the shitter.
and I'll say it again the game next year (which isn't what this survey is about) is the end of Desmond's story, it will carry on from the end of Revelations

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Apparently,not on the PC

Someone's already probably said it, but yeah, it's Ubisoft. They're not in a certain demographic's good books atm.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Not Japan! We already have millions of Ninja games already, and Feudal Japan is always being used as a setting in games. The great thing about the Assassin's Creed is the way it picks uncommonly portrayed, yet fantastic settings. I don't think Fuedal Japan had much in the way of a scaleable skyline either. Besides the occasional pagoda, most of it would be one/two story buildings. Not interesting in the slightest. China would have a similar problem (though not as bad).

From the list, the British Empire makes a lot of sense. The spreading Empire would give liscense one character to explore many different locations. The American Revolution in one game, and India the next. ( Jodhpur [http://novapolis.free.fr/photography/india/jodhpur_med.jpg] should really be the next Assassin's Creed setting - but then that would mean making a game about Indian people, something which no Western(or Japanese) dev would ever dare consider).

Another advantage of Victorian, or better yet, Georgian England is that although guns have become the primary weapon of armies around the world, they aren't developed to the point of having too much accuracy, so cover mechanics won't be required. Once submachine guns and decent rifles enter a setting, you have to kiss goodbye to the free running.

I also quite like the sound of the Russian Revolution. The early period and the lack of guns would mean that the free running would still make sense. Not sure the cities would provide a fun free running experience though.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Jesus, this is a hard decision.

Definitely not the Britain ones. They're just not exotic enough locations.

I was all about Feudal Japan before this thread, though I'm really interested to see how they'd take it to a more modern setting like The communists taking over Russia. How would they manage modern weaponry in a setting like that?

I hate to admit that I'm also curious about the Rise of Cesar. Mostly because I'd be curious to see what they'd make the assassin look like and having to fight with the limited weaponry at the time.

Every choice is interesting here. It'd be easier to say which ones I don't want to see.

So guys, whatever you do, don't pick Victorian England or Cesar. Rome's already been done, and Victorian England is just a bit to similar to the past three Assassin's Creed games we've seen. Not to mention that I'm sure the game would have a rather greyish color scheme.

Let's try something different from Europe.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
The problem with alot of these is that the more modern you become, the more Firearms you have to deal with in history.... i just worry that in the long run AC will devolve into a shooter when it hits more recent history

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Well I don't want China or Japan. Thanks to Koei, I've lived through Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms all too often.

The Russian Revolution would be fun and a nice step up in difficulty with the quality of weaponry floating around then.

But I've always said the funniest thing would be for Desmond Miles to leap into his Ubisoft contemporary and become Sam Fisher :)

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Mallefunction said:
I say fuck no to England and Feudal Japan.
Why? Because we have seen that stuff done to death in other places.
Umm, just how many games have you seen set in Victorian England during the advent of the British Empire? Because I'm not aware of many... if any. Japan sure, but England isn't featured in nearly enough games. Then again I'm English so I might be biased.

OT: To be honest I'm a little fatigued by AC games now and I haven't even managed to catch up with Revelations yet... I'll go with Victorian England or Egypt. I would like to say during Ceasar's reign in Rome but I've had enough of Rome and Italy in general now.

EDIT: Oh and if they go for Victorian England, Sherlock Holmes has to be the protagonist's equivelant of Ezio's Da Vinci. You know it makes sense. Wait, what do you mean Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character...?

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
What? No Nazi Germany? No option where I could stab Hitler right in his nads? I'm all for Feudal Japan, but I'd just love to have an Assassin's Creed game where I could assassinate Hitler. Then my life would be complete.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
The great thing about a game set in the British Empire is that the cities you can go to could be anywhere in the world. London would be available, certainly, but so could Mumbai, Cairo, Montreal, Singapore, Sydney, Jamaica, British-Controlled China, and lots of other exotic locales.

Baron von Blitztank said:
Although Ancient Egypt may provide opportunites for swan diving off pyramids...
That...wouldn't end well. You'd just ragdoll off the wider lower face. Slide down the side really fast, maybe.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Anything but the Russian revolution since we already have too many Russians in games

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I vote for going back in time, to the middle ages, and of course, in Norway.

[HEADING=2]VIKING ASSASSINS![/HEADING]