Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

WorldofHarvis

Nov 26, 2011
Victorian England def.

You are Jack the Ripper (or work for him) and all those prostitutes that he killed were actually working for the Templars.

You know you want it :)

p.s you could also have street lighting play a factor in ol London Town

p.s.s Feudal China doesn't make sense since we are playing as Desmonds ancestors and since they have been Syrian and Italian and jump literally across the globe doesn't make sense, unless we jump into the shoes of someone else :)

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
ksn0va said:
None! Set it in the present and wrap up Desmond's story already!
This.
But if they have to something in the past. I wouldn't mind going to Russia and overthrowing the Tsar.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Victorian England for sure. That would be awesome.

Egypt sounds fun too but meh, we've had enough sand.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There'd be a few amazing set pieces, but then the rest would kind of be dull and repetitive.

Unless...we can take our hero crocodile hunting on the Nile.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Soxafloppin said:
The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England.

Followed by Egypt then Feudal Japan.

But, if we're all honest it should be set in Belfast, Northern Ireland. During the height of the troubles.
Agreed, I think we should start a petition on this

Plainly setting a game in either the troubles in belfast or any major irish city in the uprising and becoming independent of the irish nation in the early 1900's

Fuck all you could even grant the british the satisfaction of making the irish the bad guys back then with the whole "catholic church=templars Ireland=catholics" idea

There, everybody happy

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Goofguy said:
The AC series is pretty much built on its urban set pieces so playing an assassin through the American Revolution and the Spanish colonization of the Americas wouldn't really appeal to me.
The Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, was twice the size of the largest European cities at the time, had sophisticated irrigation, levee and aqueduct systems, and several dozen important public buildings. It more than meets the criteria for the setting of an AC game.

Puzzlenaut said:
There isn't really any way that the narrative can allow a game set in Feudal Japan. Not only that, however, but its a tired and used setting (mainly in Japanese media, of course) that wouldn't lend itself well to the AC series, which is brilliant at urban areas and fairly poor at anything else.
Edo(Tokyo) during the height of the Tokugawa Shogunate was the largest city in the world at the time. It was the size of London and Paris put together, and was 5-10 times larger than most other major European cities. Osaka and Kyoto were also the size of the largest European cities. Granted Edo was much smaller during the Sengoku period proposed, but Japanese cities were still quite large and feature interesting buildings and fortifications that would be fun to run and jump all over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_urban_community_sizes

Get_A_Grip_ said:
I think the American Revolution setting would work as it's the only remaining option for Desmond's acestry... That doesn't seem ridiculous.
Late 19th/ Early 20th century Russian ancestors would seem a bit odd...
Unless Desmond's great-grandparents were Ukrainian immigrants who changed their name from Milovchuk to Miles, for example.

Gecko clown said:
The the victorian empire one because then you'd get the chance to go to Britain, India, Australia, Canada, Africa, America and a ton of other places to.
This would be the only reason I'd get behind Victorian England: if they actually showed the extent of the British Empire and made you travel between global population centres by steamship and rail. Victorian London itself is way overdone (and I say this as a dyed-in-the-wool steampunk).

Captain Booyah said:
FRENCH REVOLUTION, YOU BASTARDS. I'm never going to get a game set there, am I? ;__;
Yeah, I want that too but I guess we're not getting it. You'd think Alexandre Dumas/Scarlet Pimpernel-style swashbuckling and undercover work would be a natural fit for the series, but apparently the giant French video game publisher doesn't agree.

Personally, I'm curious to see a Western developer do a well-researched, historical game set in China or Japan. Alternatively, if a more modern setting is called for, Revolutionary Russia is interesting, or more broadly, anything set during World War I. I've had my fill of WWII in video games and don't really need to see anymore for a good long while.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
My personal preference:

*The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England (so much potential with this, Dr Jekyll, Sherlock et al. Not to mention technology exploding so perfect for Eden based explanations

*The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan (simply because a different tact of assassinations will have to be used - Bushido from what little I understand would prohibit clandestine assaults.)

*The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt (Very interested in this, mostly because of the Egyptian Gods and I'd love to see them portrayed as humans, only with access to technology far beyond their time and hence their ascension to deity level)

The remainder I don't have any real excitement for, but in order:

*The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
*The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
*The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution

Definitely last and least:

*The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome (bottom by a long shot, I don't want any more of Italy for the moment please)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England!

That's pretty awesome. I was also thinking Jack the Ripper and top hats and monocles and JUMPING ON BLACK CABS. I need to play this now, right now.

Also for those trying to make Desmond's lineage make sense, Ubisoft have already said that everyone is related to hundreds if not thousands of people far enough back. So it basically gives them free reign with what they do with the games.

For example: If you take a generation to be (generously) 20 years, just 200 years ago (or 1800 AD), means that a person has around 1,024 distinct ancestors, 512 men and 512 women.

Cr33dl0rd

May 5, 2011
Alright, this is the plot, it turns out Desmond has dragonblood running in his family and has the ability to unleash magical screams in dragon language, the game takes place in a mystical land called Skirym.

TheVoodooFrog

Nov 18, 2009
Or they could just finish the story with Desmond and stop being whores.

Okay seriously, I don't actually hate Assassins Creed, its a pretty dang good series, but honestly, they've padded this story out for four games now, if they don't finish it in the fifth, that's just ridiculous.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
SPOILERS:

Maybe it should be set in the present since the world is supposed to end in 2012 and Desmond must be trained up by now and it would look silly if the game that settles the main plotline came out in after 2012.
That's like having Madden 12 come out 5 years from now.