Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
I say either Conquistadors exploring the Americas, or the Russian Revolution. But based on the games, cities are required. So I think Russia takes the cake.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
dyre said:
wait what? I thought the Czar was overthrown by the Russian Republic, which was in turn overthrown by the communists! In any case, I like having guns as secondary weapons in Assassin's Creed, so I don't really want a game dominated by bolt action rifles, regardless of how interesting that period was.

Medieval China seems interesting (though I wonder how the assassin will be related to an Italian guy or an Arabic guy), as does Victorian England
The Tsar atually kind of stepped down and let the Duma have a crack at Democracy while still maintainin his position and a veto if I remember correctly. The Bolsheviks overthrew both and assassinated the royal family. The Provisional government was just in charge until they could figure out exactly what to do.

I would love to see the Russian Revolution just because of how damned anti-climatic it actually was. Moscow and the Duma were seized with minimal bloodshed. I just want to climb to the top of St-Basils and dive off.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I would love to try this series out in Victorian England. Such an interesting time period.

or the Russian option, that could be cool to.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
ENGLAND! ENGLAND! ENGLAND! ENGLAND!

Or... failing that... contemporary Stockholm, because I would love a huge game set there. =P

(no, I don't have a second pick apart from England)

ENGLAND! ENGLAND! ENGLAND! ENGLAND!

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
putowtin said:
*The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
Well since you asked...

your post reminded me of one of CAD's old comics.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
In order of preference:

*The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt.
*The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome.
*The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China.
*The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors.
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
I'd be fine with just about any, but I like the Ancient Egypt idea. Snake assassination anyone?

Also, as for the more modern ones - it's impossible to put it into the future without adding guns, but why not embrace that? I think that, if they could fit it in and make it more agile and smooth, rather than standard TPS gunplay, it could easily be pulled off.

Edit: I'd also go for Caesar's time.

*Sunglasses*

Because when in Rome.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
Antitonic said:
I'd prefer Victorian England, but any time is alright if Desmond has a female ancestor. Or did his family produce an unbroken line of male babies?

It would amuse me, is all I'm saying.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that would find this situation highly amusing.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
Victorian England is probably the most interesting as it would be the era in the series mythology when the templars centuries of studies on the pieces of eden were finaly able to pay off with massive leaps forward in technology, plus you'd get to work (hopefully) alongside Nikola FUCKING Tesla! the man who designed death rays and the modern radio, Da Vinci, yeah he's a genius, but he is not NIKOLA TESLA!

think of ezio's gadgets, then think of the deranged shit Tesla would create for you, in my mind, there is no other choice than the 1880's/1890's

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
Japan, so you have to deal with Samurai and Ninjas. The hard part would be explaining how Desmond's ancestors are also part Japanese, unless the retcon the hell out of it.

Thaa'ir

Feb 10, 2011
I think that the game taking place in Feudal Japan would be pretty sweet. If not that...British Empire would be my second pick.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Hmm... I'm most fond of China(Because it's a very interesting place that is underutilized by games), Japan(Because I wanna be Samurai. Love those guys), and Rome(I'm Greek and thus feel a connection to it's mythology and history. Rome is the next best thing).

But I do think something like Victorian England would be a nice change of pace, maybe we could find out how Jack The Ripper was really a pretty cool guy.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
SOmething asian. Seriously, every single game mechanic in AC is geared towards you being a ninja. Add some stealthiness elements and you have yourself an amazing assassin game. An ACTUAL assassin game, not whatever the fuck Ezio is (apparently some manner of renaissance super soldier that plows through hordes of soldiers like nobody's business)

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Wait, AC 2012 will be the end of Desmond's story? Wasn't his entire purpose of being to create a framing device to allow Ubisoft to go to all these time periods without breaking continuity or writing themselves into a corner? Without him what will the point be?
Oh, and Egypt, defiantly.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Commissar Sae said:
dyre said:
wait what? I thought the Czar was overthrown by the Russian Republic, which was in turn overthrown by the communists! In any case, I like having guns as secondary weapons in Assassin's Creed, so I don't really want a game dominated by bolt action rifles, regardless of how interesting that period was.

Medieval China seems interesting (though I wonder how the assassin will be related to an Italian guy or an Arabic guy), as does Victorian England
The Tsar atually kind of stepped down and let the Duma have a crack at Democracy while still maintainin his position and a veto if I remember correctly. The Bolsheviks overthrew both and assassinated the royal family. The Provisional government was just in charge until they could figure out exactly what to do.

I would love to see the Russian Revolution just because of how damned anti-climatic it actually was. Moscow and the Duma were seized with minimal bloodshed. I just want to climb to the top of St-Basils and dive off.
ah, I didn't know. I only have a cursory knowledge of the Russian Revolution from AP Euro in high school. Though, wasn't there a war between the Whites (+US and Britain and such) and Reds or something after the Bolsheviks took power?

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Where is my choice for the future when DRM has been outlawed?

Fine, I will choose the invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors.

Landis963

May 23, 2011
It doesn't have to be Desmond as the viewpoint character, esp. since the 2012 AC is explicitly the end of his storyline. That said, I would love for it to be Feudal Japan, esp. since Ninjas can easily be both Templar and Assassin aligned without breaking history too much, and Samurai make wonderful Elite Mooks. If not, (for example if you want to retain the gunplay) then Industrial Revolution Britain would be good. Or if you wanted to delve into the beginnings of the organization SPOILERS you should go into Ancient Rome END SPOILERS.