Ubisoft Denies Launch Day Crack for Silent Hunter 5 DRM

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Im happy this DRM got cracked but honestly already? do the hackers have no life at all but to hack stuff?

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
God Bless the pirates! They are one of the few groups to which I can say "I love those bastards, but hate them at the same time."

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Wakefield said:
I'm gonna say that Ubisoft is just sore about losing this war.
Seeing that they were defeated hours after the war started I can see why.

But I have no sympathy for them, I'm still pissed about Farcry 2.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Did anyone actually expect Ubisoft to say anything different to this?

I mean it's not like they're going to come out with "Yeah, our intrusive, stupid new DRM was beaten on day 1. Guess we suck, eh guys?"

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Please Ubisoft, please. Just stop. Stop. You're making yourself look bad. Very bad.

Joshic Shin

Level 8 DM
Apr 4, 2009
Ha ha ha ha, this made my day honestly.

"Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete."

I can just tell that the original script followed with, "The full version of the game leaves you with an emptier wallet, a feeling of being screwed over if you are one of the 30% of Americans without broadband, and soreness in your rectum after finishing going through our DRM procedures. We at Ubisoft think this increases the value of our games."

Come on guys, look at iTunes model for music. They've made so much money because they offer convenience and ease for you when you want music or movies. That's why iTunes does so well against pirated music, you know it'll just work and your paying for convenience. Why on Earth would you make it harder for people to play your game when they pay for it?

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
That's the downside of using this brand spanking new DRM system for all your games. As soon as it's cracked, all your games are. You can only change it so much to avoid breaking existing games.

To quote the great Gene Wilder: "You lose! Good day, sir!

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Well fucking GOOD.
Those ignorant cuntbuckets deserve it.

All this DRM does is give me the thin layer of moral justification I need to pirate the game without guilt.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Heh, the funny part is that no one can confirm it officially without admitting to piracy, so even if it is lies ubisoft can come down on them like a ton of bricks and get it removed (ok, i know the pirates can. But not on the general legit gaming websites.)

touche Ubisoft.

Scylla6

Nov 17, 2009
The tighter your DRM grasps, the more customers will slip through your fingers, Ubisoft.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
Did anyone actually expect Ubisoft to say anything different to this?

I mean it's not like they're going to come out with "Yeah, our intrusive, stupid new DRM was beaten on day 1. Guess we suck, eh guys?"
"Let's all allow them to slit our throats!!!"

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
new_age_reject said:
Heh, don't they realise that without making you go to Ubi headquarters or playing directly from their servers it's impossible to make something pirate proof, if you have the vital game files in your possession then you can crack it. This new DRM is ridiculous and is harming gamers more than it is helping them which further fuels the pirate community.
Don't get them started. I abhor the idea of cloud gaming, but that seems to be exactly the route that is being taken. The technology is right on track to have us playing next gen games streamed to our computers through a browser.

Seems like a perfect win right? Except that then you would always have to be online as there would be no local install, except maybe a browser tool or a specialized browser. It's like the Ubisoft DRM scheme times 1000.

Which would be great for casual games, and games with short bursts of playtime like racing games. Anything longer or having more potential for customization, I would want a local install so that I can have real fun with the game.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I don't pirate games, and I really want to say that pirating a game is always wrong. And I intend to never pirate this or any game. However, Ubisoft is making me seriously question whether I'm doing the right thing. A first day crack, the more I think about it, might send a positive message to Ubi, and make them give up on these stupid DRM scams. And they need bad PR regarding this always online BS. It's sad that I don't want to pirate their games, but feel like they are trying to force me to. A lot of people are not going to be as stubborn as me.

The real thing I'm interested in is information on the last PoP game. The one they released with no DRM as an experiment, to see how often it was pirated. Once that comes back as hardly pirated at all, then there will be a true reckoning.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
So they make a sheme that you have to be connected to the internet at all times? That's just brtual. My respect for Ubisoft dropped quite a bit, glad that I didn't pick up AC2 for PS3.

It seems to be almost an E-sport already to crack shit on launch day. I wish the developers just gave it a rest already.