Ubisoft Drops the Bomb in Post-It Note War

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Ubisoft Drops the Bomb in Post-It Note War

Ubisoft has gone nuclear in its Post-It Note war with BNP, unveiling a three-story-high Ezio from Assassin's Creed that will surely bring the French bank to its knees.

The conflict [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112242-Ubisoft-and-French-Bank-Go-To-Post-It-Note-War] between Ubisoft and French bank BNP first came to the world's attention in early August, long after the situation had escalated from a Galaga-esque warning shot fired by Ubi to an all-out, guns-blazing battle featuring Link, Megaman, Mario and even Pong. By the time the world's eyes had turned to Paris, it was a stalemate, with neither side willing to yield and the nearby Office Depot desperately calling for resupply.

But now the tide has turned. Now Ubisoft has become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
[gallery=436]
That, in case it's not quite clear, is a three-story-high Ezio, the lead character from Assassin's Creed, created entirely out of Post-It Notes - and of course the boxes upon boxes of Post-It Notes needed to make the thing. It makes the Bowser and Pikachu on the floor above look a tad inadequate, doesn't it? And unless BNP has a serious trick or two up its sleeve, I think it's time to declare this war won.

Source: Kotaku [http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.250801044942077.65695.150793154942867]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
BNP are gonna have to pull out something special to come back from this!

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Okay, Ubisoft just made up for everything bad it's ever done. If BNP can top this I'll absolve all banks of their sins.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Oh no-he-didn't!

That's like bringing a claymore to a knife fight. How will the bank retaliate!?

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
God lord that is awesome. I like to see BNP top that.

Hilariously I've just found out about this whole thing yesterday on all the places the local news.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
and we wonder why we're in a recession.
"we need to take out a loan. for some reason we're burning through post-it notes very fast..."

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I think the words "holy crap", or even "putain de bordel de merde" are adequate... O_O

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
TrilbyWill said:
"we need to take out a loan. for some reason we're burning through post-it notes very fast..."
Ubisoft is a French company, and I'm fairly certain that Ubisoft location is in Paris. Hence the whole post-it note war with a French bank.

I can't even name a studio that is within the US that Ubisoft owns.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
It seems the only possible retaliation... Would be life sized mechas

Let the games begin...

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Aww, I was hoping it was a different BNP. Ubisoft vs. British Nazis.

I'd play that.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Scizophrenic Llama said:
TrilbyWill said:
Ubisoft is a French company, and I'm fairly certain that Ubisoft location is in Paris. Hence the whole post-it note war with a French bank.

I can't even name a studio that is within the US that Ubisoft owns.
oh right. good point.
"nous avons besoin de prendre un prêt. pour quelque raison que nous brûlons en post-it très rapide..."

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Holy shit! It just got real now.

On a side note, god damn that is THE coolest thing ever. +10000 to Ubisoft.