Ubisoft Drops the Bomb in Post-It Note War

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I was in Paris last week and experienced the post-it art first hand. Lots of offices seem to do it. One office had a huge Pac-Man post-it image and I thought to myself how cool that was and doubted anyone would have a much cooler image... I never went past the Ubi offices.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
The French surrender? Surely not...
Indeed. (and I on the other hand, am not being sarcastic :)

mesoforte

Jan 5, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
and we wonder why we're in a recession.
"we need to take out a loan. for some reason we're burning through post-it notes very fast..."
Frivolous spending puts more money into the hands of the post-it note companies, which I think the main one is US-based, right?

What my foreign policy prof always said: European distresses lead to American successes.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with post-it notes and a lot of spare time.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
no oneder said:
Aren't this offices?? Shouldn't they be working on stuff??
Workers are allowed a lunch break, and the work day does eventually end. It's not inconceivable that they put it up after hours when they weren't on the clock.

Pakkie

Apr 4, 2010
Less time using sticky notes and more time optimizing their games and removing stupid drm.

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
lacktheknack said:
I wonder how "Mutually Assured Destruction" will fit into this?
They determine the amount of papercuts to be too lethal for their projects to continue.

Sure, we can build a bigger post-it creation....BUT AT WHAT COST???
Bah. For every useless bit of webby skin between fingers that sustains a cut there will be ten more to take his place.

Well, seven actually. :|

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
props for awesomeness
but really ubisoft isnt there a better use of your time than derping around with post it notes

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
King Toasty said:
Oh no-he-didn't!

That's like bringing a claymore to a knife fight. How will the bank retaliate!?
By bringing a tank. I see it now Marie Antoinette holding Rayman's severed head.

Check and Mate

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Srs bzns said:
Bah. For every useless bit of webby skin between fingers that sustains a cut there will be ten more to take his place.

Well, seven actually. :|
But how long can they last? MY GOD! THE HUMANITY!!!!

chickenhound said:
props for awesomeness
but really ubisoft isnt there a better use of your time than derping around with post it notes
Like making their games better? Pretty sure they're against that.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Knusper said:
I thought it was going to be the British Nationalist Party but nevertheless, that is awesome.
Seconded.

But still, that's the most badass thing I've evr seen on this site! I wonder how in the world the bank is going to beat a 3 story tall assassin...

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
no oneder said:
Workers are allowed a lunch break, and the work day does eventually end. It's not inconceivable that they put it up after hours when they weren't on the clock.
Okay, I can see that, but really? Am I the only one here that sees this as a huuuge waste of time?? They must get like 5 hours of lunch break...

VileTerror

Dec 22, 2010
I suspect that it took only a single lunch break for the Bowser or the Pikachu, and then when the marketing team caught wind of it all, you KNOW they decided that this was a great way to advertise. This thread is proof that marketing was right on the money.

Now . . . if that assassin was made entirely voluntarily by employees of other divisions, colour me suitably impressed!

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
King Toasty said:
Oh no-he-didn't!

That's like bringing a claymore to a knife fight. How will the bank retaliate!?
By bringing a tank. I see it now Marie Antoinette holding Rayman's severed head.

Check and Mate
I would pay lots of money to see that.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
...They're making video game characters out of Post-It notes? I think my brain just froze.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
no oneder said:
KeyMaster45 said:
no oneder said:
Okay, I can see that, but really? Am I the only one here that sees this as a huuuge waste of time?? They must get like 5 hours of lunch break...
Or you know, they used the lunch break to plan and didn't start work on it till after the work day was over. Hell, it could have all been orchestrated on employees' free time.

It's also far from a waste of time, stuff like this is usually healthy for work place morale, why else would the bank across the way be allowing their workers to put game characters on their windows. It's healthy competition that encourages team work amongst the employees and probably allows them to blow off some much needed steam. Remember both sides are first and foremost businesses. If this was all being conducted in a method that was leading to workers neglecting their daily duties the higher ups would have shut it down after the first characters went up.

You can put your mind at ease, the sticky-note assassin is not cutting into the development progress of anything they're working on.