Ubisoft Eyeballs THQ

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
II2 said:
UPlay : Ubisoft = Origin : EA
Origin:EA = Steam:Valve

Until this idiotic publisher rage stops, I will never stop pointing this out.
Except Origin is malware compared to Steam. Steam at least allows you to opt out of it's hardware surveys (and that's all they are) where Origin scans everything, hardware software etc and sells it to other companies. Steam can also be removed and not leave residual entries in your computer that keep it running secretly in the background. Like a fucking rootkit. There's also the fact that as far as business ethics go, Valve are far more moral and customer centric than EA are. And you can not deny that. You'd have to be an idiot to think that EA consider anything than focussing on the bottom line. Valve on the other hand consider the customer's satisfaction the most important thing.

All you're pointing out is your own lack of knowledge.

Also, captcha: crocodile tears.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Saints Row on Square's Luminous Engine would be crazy!

TBH Ubisoft is the best outcome considering who else could buy them.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
FelixG said:
No, fuck you ubisoft, get away!

Dont you come near THQ!

It's either buy them, or they die and leave thousands of people out of work.
Please read the Article Bhaalspawn, it states that Ubi is waiting for THQ to die then pick its corpse clean of anything of value (ie the IP's not the personel).

So even if they did aquire THQ's assets there would still be large layoffs.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
If Ubisoft buys THQ, Ubisoft will risk going bankrupt from the sheer expense of wrapping copy protection around all their new assets.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
Ed130 said:
Bhaalspawn said:
FelixG said:
No, fuck you ubisoft, get away!

Dont you come near THQ!

It's either buy them, or they die and leave thousands of people out of work.
Please read the Article Bhaalspawn, it states that Ubi is waiting for THQ to die then pick its corpse clean of anything of value (ie the IP's not the personel).

So even if they did aquire THQ's assets there would still be large layoffs.
Please read the source Ed130. It clearly states that Ubisoft is in lengthy discussions with the firm. MCV does not state that Ubisoft is waiting for THQ to die. Here's a quote from the original article.

Now sources tell us it is already in lengthy discussions with the firm (and presumably its new owners at Clearlake investments) to forge a deal.

Price, however, is the obvious clincher - nose-tappers say that Ubisoft is after a bargain buy, and is prepared to hold-out until THQ is forced to sell off specific assets, as happened to now-defunct Midway when it went into bankruptcy four years ago.

If successful in the overall acquisition, though, Ubisoft would take over five studios and gain the rights to brands such as Saints Row, Company of Heroes, Darksiders, Homefront, Red Faction. Plus it would pick up the deals for games based on WWE and some Warhammer properties - WWE specifically would offer an expansion opportunity for Ubi, finally giving it a decent stake in the sports genre.
Importan part bolded. Neither Ubisoft or MCV is claiming that Ubisoft is holding out. Sounds nothing but speculations by some.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
II2 said:
UPlay : Ubisoft = Origin : EA
Origin:EA = Steam:Valve

Until this idiotic publisher rage stops, I will never stop pointing this out.
Calling me an idiot is a bit uncalled for.

I don't disagree with you that those services serve the same purpose for their respective companies / publishers as for Steam, but the main difference for me is that in Steam I find utility where the others just annoy me. I was similarly just as pissed at Steam's introduction in 2004 when it was 'that thing you need to run halflife 2', but I've begrudgingly come to peace with it's existence. I don't think that means that I can't or shouldn't feel frustrated when I get MORE unique authenticators and storefronts BEYOND of that for being a legitimate customer. It's ALL irritating.