Ubisoft Eyeballs THQ

Cheesus Crust

Mar 8, 2012
CrossLOPER said:
Repeat after me: At least it is not EA or Activision.
At least it is not EA or Activision.

I agree. Ubisoft's DRM might be a major pain in the ass, but at least they still exert real effort as far as their IPs are concerned as far as I can see. Assassin's Creed 3 had a lot of mistakes but they at least bought new stuff to the table.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I want them to survive, but I don't want Ubisoft to touch anything ever again... Damn it to hell, I can't win. ;_;

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Better to Ubi than EA or Activision in my honest opinion.

I would of liked Take Two however.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Ubisoft acquiring THQ would be the second-best case scenario. Compared to Activision and EA, at least Ubisoft makes relatively quality games and aren't actively trying to make gaming so bland. I've never played the Assasin's Creed games but I know they're pretty great, and I'm really excited for the upcoming Watch Dogs. Plus, I've heard they're cutting down on the DRM, though I think Far Cry 3 still required an online connection. But overall, Ubisoft's okay so long as they don't meddle with their developer's work that much.

Best case scenario? Valve gets Relic, Ubisoft gets everything else.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
If you wanna play a fun drinking game, read these comments and take a shot every time someone says something along the lines of "Go away, Ubisoft. Oh well, it's better than Activision or EA." You'll be drunk by page 2.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
No, please no. that giant whirpool of stupidity from ubisoft cant be allowed to eat into the THQ defences.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I hope Take Two is just playing it quietly, more then anything else I want THQ to stick around though. THQ has always been one of the publishers I enjoyed; UFC games were great fun as were the games relic put out.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
My guess is that they want to pick up the Saint's Row name (since it's really the only profitable asset) and possibly Darksiders to a lesser extent, and will downsize the rest to the acquisitions and staff - they can't be interested in THQ for its management or production efficiency skills.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
i just want the 40k ip to be in good hands and Ubisoft hates pc gaming. i love pc gaming ive not owned a console since the xbox. if i could have just one thi9ng from santa it would be for me to own thq or at least valve ^.^

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Dammit, not Ubithoff [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/7265-Stolen-Pixels-175-Ubisoft]...
Ugh.. Yes, better than EA and Activision indeed, but I would've liked to see Take2 make a bid instead. Valve is probably way too much to hope for, since they've always done their own thing.

Kazedarkwind

Inner Working Reviewer
Nov 18, 2009
anyone else hoping that Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks buys them out? i think it would be better than ubisoft but i personally have no problem with ubisoft. anyone but EA is okay with me

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Kazedarkwind said:
anyone else hoping that Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks buys them out? i think it would be better than ubisoft but i personally have no problem with ubisoft. anyone but EA is okay with me
That would be pretty awesome honestly.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
And like vultures in the desert, Ubisoft sees THQ crawling and swoops down. Can you give them A WEEK before trying to pick their carcass for meat?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Really? People are worried about this? Ubisoft actually make good games, they'll just put their stupid drm shi-...

NEVERMIND, BACK, BACK YOU DEMONS, LEAVE DAWN OF WAR ALONE.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
God i hate ubisoft probally because they're french or... um i mean online passes <.< but seriously could be worse best luck for people and there jobs.

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
irishda said:
If you wanna play a fun drinking game, read these comments and take a shot every time someone says something along the lines of "Go away, Ubisoft. Oh well, it's better than Activision or EA." You'll be drunk by page 2.
Anyone still playing this game by page 3's probably got minor liver poisoning after this. I hope you're proud of yourself :p