Ubisoft Making Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell Movies

Woem

May 28, 2009
As long as they only make 1 of these movies per IP instead of 5, I'm all up for it. I'm looking at you, Resident Evil!

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
I don't see how they could mess up the Splinter Cell movie, and I don't really care for Ghost Recon...

... but if they fuck up Assassin's Creed, I shall be peeved.
DustyDrB said:
Assassin's Creed could make a great movie. Though I'm thinking of the Ezio stuff. I really don't care about the Desmond story. Altair could be cool if they gave him just a little personality.
Why does no one care for Desmond's story? The future conspiracy is my favorite part of the entire story, and I seem to be alone on that :(
Don't worry you aren't alone. The Desmond parts of the first game were the only reason I played it through..

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Assassin's Creed could make a great movie. Though I'm thinking of the Ezio stuff. I really don't care about the Desmond story. Altair could be cool if they gave him just a little personality.
If ACII is any indication, Ubisoft learns from its mistakes well. Desmond will probably be in there, but if they play it right it could work.

I can't f**ckin' WAIT until Ezio though. They better cast someone really good for him. I can't wait to see him jump down on a guy with his hidden blade from a ledge. I'll be the guy in the theater yelling "PWNED"!

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
DustyDrB said:
I don't expect Ezio levels of charisma. Altair as he was in the game would make a boring movie protagonist. He made a pretty boring character (at least he did in the non stabby parts). It would be an action-adventure movie, not a period film. Total historical accuracy is not essential.
Think about how they did Assassin's Creed Lineage. They may go the same route. If that's the case, they certainly will do it with historical accuracy.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
octafish said:
OT: I didn't like Assassins Creed, god what a dull game, but I would pay good money to see the movie if the main character was played by Andrew Dice Clay.
You really should try Assassin's Creed II. AC was boring and repetitive, everything that AC II was not. I have a friend who hated the first game, and I loaned him my copy of AC II for while he was sick. Now he got AC: Brotherhood for his birthday. He absolutely loved it.

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
He doesn't specify which one, so I wonder...

Now, this could be just wild speculation here, but maybe, just maybe, its one script for all three! Le Gasp! All three in one movie! I've uncovered a French conspiracy!

I'm joking. Just wanted to make that clear.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
I don't see how they could mess up the Splinter Cell movie, and I don't really care for Ghost Recon...

... but if they fuck up Assassin's Creed, I shall be peeved.
DustyDrB said:
Why does no one care for Desmond's story? The future conspiracy is my favorite part of the entire story, and I seem to be alone on that :(
i completly agree! Desmond is the master assassin!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
honestdiscussioner said:
octafish said:
OT: I didn't like Assassins Creed, god what a dull game, but I would pay good money to see the movie if the main character was played by Andrew Dice Clay.
You really should try Assassin's Creed II. AC was boring and repetitive, everything that AC II was not. I have a friend who hated the first game, and I loaned him my copy of AC II for while he was sick. Now he got AC: Brotherhood for his birthday. He absolutely loved it.
I might have, except Ubisoft don't want my dirty PC money.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
octafish said:
honestdiscussioner said:
octafish said:
Yes they do. It's out for PC. It's only $8 now on Amazon. The deluxe edition is $30 on steam right now, and so is Brotherhood for $40.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
honestdiscussioner said:
octafish said:
honestdiscussioner said:
octafish said:
You really should try Assassin's Creed II. AC was boring and repetitive, everything that AC II was not. I have a friend who hated the first game, and I loaned him my copy of AC II for while he was sick. Now he got AC: Brotherhood for his birthday. He absolutely loved it.[/quote

Yes they do. It's out for PC. It's only $8 now on Amazon. The deluxe edition is $30 on steam right now, and so is Brotherhood for $40.
No, Ubisoft get no money from me when their games ship with always connected DRM. Even if it has been (mostly) patched out now. Kind of a bummer because I did like the Silent Hunter series, but no loss otherwise. Ubisoft don't make games for me anymore.