Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms

PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 2 was almost an "afterthought," says one of the game's developers.

Ubisoft Montreal's Philipe Bergeron says that PS3 owners got short-changed on Assassins' Creed 2 [http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_17?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=assassins+creed+2&x=0&y=0&sprefix=assassins+creed+2] with an inferior version of the game, and that Ubisoft is determined not to let them down again with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Xbox-360/dp/B003L8HQ7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287393979&sr=8-1].

Bergeron, who is the level design content director for Brotherhood, said that the PS3 version of AC2 was left a little too late in the development cycle, meaning that it had to be debugged quickly, resulting in frame rate and quality issues. Bergeron said that the experience had taught Ubisoft a valuable lesson, and that with Brotherhood, the team had "attacked" the PS3 from the very start of the project, resulting in a version that actually surpassed its Xbox 360 sibling on occasion.

It's good news that the PS3 is getting the attention it deserves this time around, although it's hard to shake the feeling that this isn't a lesson that Ubisoft should have needed to learn. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3 on November 16th.

Source: IGN [http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1128512p1.html]

Femaref

May 4, 2008
Dexter111 said:
Surely this means they'll get rid of their ridiculous DRM scheme on the PC and let me actually buy their games again then?
No, of course not. What were you thinking?

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
The PS3 SHOULD be getting a better quality game than the Xbox. Not out of a fan-boy thing or anything flame-war-y, but it's a more powerful system with more disc space etc to be utilized, so it shouldn't be limited.

And I'd actually forgotten about that stupid Ubisoft thing for AC2...that's decided it for me: Brotherhood on the PS3.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Actually back up, will brotherhood even have a PC version or are they skimming over us altogther now?
In order to get the PC version to work, you have to stand in front of a mirror and say "Ubisoft" 5 times.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
All platforms?

I think not. [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/b/b9/Spy_no01.wav]
I read everything you say in the spy's voice.

Ot: I didn't really notice the port being that bad really, but this is good news anyway.
Though I may not have thought it was that bad as I've played the Orange box ps3 port lately. Nothing compares to that travesty.

Nukeforyou

Mar 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure the AC2 PC version told me to push the blue button to do actions.. or push the yellow/red/green button...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Correction: Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms Except PC.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
UberMore said:
The PS3 SHOULD be getting a better quality game than the Xbox. Not out of a fan-boy thing or anything flame-war-y, but it's a more powerful system with more disc space etc to be utilized, so it shouldn't be limited.

And I'd actually forgotten about that stupid Ubisoft thing for AC2...that's decided it for me: Brotherhood on the PS3.
I hope you are aware of the irony in your comment. We all know the two consoles have their pros and cons so please stop, for the love of Nintendo Wii ;)

I'm glad Ubisoft think they need to do better and I wish I had the money for both consoles for sure.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I beat AC2 on PS3, and except from the shadows which were done properly only if you were standing close to the object making that shadow, and the terribad ragdoll, I didn't notice much difference between PS3 and PC version on my friend's comp (full details settings).

It's good to hear that Brotherhood will be even better though :p

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
this game is Credited at 15 hours of gameplay in single player, i feel its more a Test for Multiplayer, and i swear i saw it at $39.99 canadian at one point, its now at a Regular price of $59.99

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Wait. If they were late in developing the PS3 version, why not just pull it back a little and release it with the PC version or something? This time around the PC version better have better DRM. A laughable hope I know, but I found AssCreed on PC to be much easier to play than AssCreed 2 on PS3. I didn't notice too many issues on the PS3 version though...

May 25, 2010
I don't think I found any issues with the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed II (I played both).

Even the original was equal on both systems and that was back in 2007. I'm not sure what they're talking about.