Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I don't really care for the series but I can guarantee I won't buy any game that requires either a phone home (even one when only you install) or a root kit to play on my pc.

If I'm playing on their servers they get to make the rules, but I require the same respect on my home turf.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
There was a problem with the PS3 version? I've beat that game twice on my PS3 and found no problems with it.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
thethingthatlurks said:
Uhm, I hate to jump on a bandwagon like this, but since when is the glorious PC master race not considered part of these so called "All Platforms?"
Neither is the Wii apparently.

Not every PC version of AC2 has the DRM, but you still need an online connection to play the Non-DRM version.

Darkgoosey666

Jul 18, 2010
love the way the pc is totally forgotten here.

The title says all platforms, really it means two platforms.

although i never had any problems with the ps3 one anyway :/

cartographer54

Aug 23, 2009
2 things:
1.My PS3 version works just fine.
2.Can someone explain what debugging involves? And how would you increase framerate that way?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms
Oh I can see it. They could put in the Online-Always DRM into all versions of the game, then pull the plug on their servers. That way EVERYONE can get the "Random Disconnect of Epic Fail" screen.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
I didn't really notice the port being that bad really, but this is good news anyway.
Yeah neither did I. The framerate did drop on the odd occasion but it did on the Xbox too. It was a vast improvement over Assassin's Creed I's PS3 port anyway.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
'Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms'.... That title really does not convey the original story very well. Since the title of the linked story is 'PS3 Version of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to be on Par With 360'. It should have read 'Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on PS3 as 360'. The Xbox 360 and PS3 do not equal 'All platforms'. And is not all the platforms that this game will be released for.... Please do better Escapist editors. You know what an easy to poke hornets nest PC users are.

Aside from the stupid stay on-line protection, I am only half way through AC2 on my PC. I am taking a break from it at the moment as I had to donate one of my two GTX285's to someone else temporary. And AC2 will not run smoothly on just one 285. Yes, that right's a DX9 game that won't run smoothly on one GTX285 and a Core I7 @ 4000Ghz. And they thought the PS3 version was badly optimized....

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
And people wonder why they cracked it so quickly and with such glee.
I think Ubisoft's ears are just for show.

Maybe they will make you sign forms promising them your first born as a gesture that you wont pirate this game.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
Does this mean the PC version too? Because i DON'T seem to remember having to have my 360 online all the time or even at all to play the game. How about improving quality where you actually runied it yourself?

Actually back up, will brotherhood even have a PC version or are they skimming over us altogther now?
If an online-centric title like AC Brotherhood doesn't have a PC version I will eat my own shoes.

VampiresDontSparkle

Jan 14, 2010
I find it hilarious that people complain about how Ubisoft assumes all of its PC customers are "pirates"... and then proceed to talk about how they pirated (or are planning to pirate) the game. You know, to stick it to the man.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
ph0b0s123 said:
Yes, that right's a DX9 game that won't run smoothly on one GTX285 and a Core I7 @ 4000Ghz. And they thought the PS3 version was badly optimized....
4000Ghz!? What are you, from the future from space!?
(I think you mean either 4000Mhz or 4Ghz)

Anyway, I still despise Ubisoft for how they shafted PC gamers so much on AC2, so I won't be getting Brotherhood for a long time. I got AC2 on the PS3 only recently (used naturally. As much as I can help it, I'm not giving them my money.) and I'll probably do the same for Brotherhood unless they change their tune.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
MGlBlaze said:
ph0b0s123 said:
Yes, that right's a DX9 game that won't run smoothly on one GTX285 and a Core I7 @ 4000Ghz. And they thought the PS3 version was badly optimized....
4000Ghz!? What are you, from the future from space!?
(I think you mean either 4000Mhz or 4Ghz)

Anyway, I still despise Ubisoft for how they shafted PC gamers so much on AC2, so I won't be getting Brotherhood for a long time. I got AC2 on the PS3 only recently (used naturally. As much as I can help it, I'm not giving them my money.) and I'll probably do the same for Brotherhood unless they change their tune.
Oopps Got me. Would love a 4000Ghz CPU, but no only 4Ghz at the moment.....