Ubisoft Promises Next Assassin's Creed Will Be Same Quality on All Platforms

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
I haven't played any of them since the first one. Have I truly missed anything, or have they all been exactly the same, as I suspect?

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
aaronmcc said:
UberMore said:
The PS3 SHOULD be getting a better quality game than the Xbox. Not out of a fan-boy thing or anything flame-war-y, but it's a more powerful system with more disc space etc to be utilized, so it shouldn't be limited.

And I'd actually forgotten about that stupid Ubisoft thing for AC2...that's decided it for me: Brotherhood on the PS3.
I hope you are aware of the irony in your comment. We all know the two consoles have their pros and cons so please stop, for the love of Nintendo Wii ;)

I'm glad Ubisoft think they need to do better and I wish I had the money for both consoles for sure.
I suppose his point was that since PS3 is more powerful overall it should receive better version. But once you take programming into account... PS3 may be more powerful, but it's a lot harder to code for. FYI PS3 uses modified OpenGL, and using it is pretty tricky. It all boils down lo budget and resource management, nobody is going to make multiplatform better on PS3 just because PS3 is more powerful, because it takes a lot of money and manpower to code for. That said, new games now sometimes considerably better on PS3 - it appears there are more good PS3 programmers in the industry now.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Pigeon_Grenade said:
this game is Credited at 15 hours of gameplay in single player, i feel its more a Test for Multiplayer, and i swear i saw it at $39.99 canadian at one point, its now at a Regular price of $59.99
15 hours of gameplay in single player is well above average even fore SP only games. Just look at Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, bayonetta, among others.

AC2 was a great package, it had a 13~14 hour campaign and enough content to last around 22~25 hours, and I'm guessing this one will be the same so it's day 1 for me. Besides, I've played in the beta and MP is totally awesome.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Uhm, I hate to jump on a bandwagon like this, but since when is the glorious PC master race not considered part of these so called "All Platforms?"

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Nukeforyou said:
I'm pretty sure the AC2 PC version told me to push the blue button to do actions.. or push the yellow/red/green button...
Yep. I don't give two flying kittens about the DRM; the internet isn't really that rare of a commodity now-a-days. However those bloody controls; I don't know how they screwed it up but I would say it was worse than Assasssin's Creed 1's controls.
I had a laugh at the first scene in the game:

My first thought was "Where the hell is the Green Foot Button?" Then it moved onto running a finger over the keyboard in the hopes that I'll find the Green Foot Button.

Ah support for PC, Ubisoft your going to lie, lie blatantly.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, I guess I'll get the PS3 version, since I have that hooked up with HDMI cables, and the 360 is merely running component.

So that I can switch between consoles with ease.

Feb 13, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
All platforms?

I think not. [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/b/b9/Spy_no01.wav]
I read everything you say in the spy's voice.
When you play it that much, you tend to think in that voice.

There's gonna be headway about this DRM very soon.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eh, I played and finished Assassin's Creed 2 on my PS3 and never really encountered any major problems. Still, it's nice of Ubisoft to realize that you shouldn't just slap something together at the last minute because you didn't bother with it. That's just something every developer should know by now.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Pfft, don't care. Still waiting for an AC title that looks remotely interesting. Didn't someone say something about the second game supposing to be set in Aztec or Mayan civilisations or something? What was wrong with that? That's got awesome written all over it. Somebody needs to make that game.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
HA!

The PS3 version was an afterthought?

What about the version that was released 3 months late with DRM designed specifically to stop people playing it, all achievements removed, and absolutely no changes made to the game itself besides a simple remapping of the controls? They're honestly trying to say that they had planned to release it like that from the start?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Outright Villainy said:
All platforms?

I think not. [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/b/b9/Spy_no01.wav]
I read everything you say in the spy's voice.
When you play it that much, you tend to think in that voice.

There's gonna be headway about this DRM very soon.
Thinking in a character's voice? I'd never do that!

To ubisoft: Whatarya, freakin' stoopid?!

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Belladonnah said:
Pigeon_Grenade said:
this game is Credited at 15 hours of gameplay in single player, i feel its more a Test for Multiplayer, and i swear i saw it at $39.99 canadian at one point, its now at a Regular price of $59.99
15 hours of gameplay in single player is well above average even fore SP only games. Just look at Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, bayonetta, among others.

AC2 was a great package, it had a 13~14 hour campaign and enough content to last around 22~25 hours, and I'm guessing this one will be the same so it's day 1 for me. Besides, I've played in the beta and MP is totally awesome.
That just reminds me of this review for heart of darkness. Sadly I have to agree with it al well.

It's a great game with nice graphics, but it's only got about 14 play hours to it. That's too short to justify a purchase, but it makes for an excellent rental.p
The whole gamespot review basically said "this games really good but 15 hours is so short we'll only score it 7.8 instead of the 9 we think it deserves."

Another AC for me to rent.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
Loose translation "Song have sold a shed-load of PS3's since they released the slim and now it's actually worth our while to support out PS3 fans properly!"...

Thanks Ubi...now stop pushing more of the same with Brotherhood and give us AC3!!!

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
So what does that make the PC version? An intentional shafting? Also, there weren't much in the way of problems in the PS3 version of ACII.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The PC version will lack DRM, be properly optimised and be released at the same time then, will it?

Oh right... Not all platforms then.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
Jumplion said:
Eh, I played and finished Assassin's Creed 2 on my PS3 and never really encountered any major problems. Still, it's nice of Ubisoft to realize that you shouldn't just slap something together at the last minute because you didn't bother with it. That's just something every developer should know by now.
Same here. Don't recall any noticeable frame-rate slowdown. Couple of places I had control issues, but that was usually because I was using the stick, which the game interpreted as jump off that wall and fall to your death instead of jump up that pole directly above you. And a couple of places where I clipped through walls and spent a minute of two trying to escape. Otherwise, clear sailing.

Sep 30, 2010
Apparently they don't consider PC to be a platform (Not that a million people haven't said that already)

I probably won't be bothering to buy this until there's a stable and proven hack released. By the time Ubisoft releases it for the PC I'll have several other games taking up my attention, and for some mysterious reason a connection that can play MMOs on wireless isn't good enough for their DRM even on ethernet. At least this time I have warning so I won't end up sitting on a frustratingly unplayable game.

(Last time I assumed that -obviously- Ubisoft would fix it with some sort of patch so I wouldn't have to go to the pirates. I ended up going to the pirates; it's amazing how a $50 brick corrodes the morals and makes one change their options of people previously looked down upon.)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Surely this means they'll get rid of their ridiculous DRM scheme on the PC and let me actually buy their games again then?
I heard somewhere that they're getting rid of it. I'm a console gamer and was boycotting them on principle over it. Ubisoft are douchebags.