Ubisoft: "We've Learned From Watch_Dogs' Mistakes"

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well theyve said what EA hasnt. I will give them that.

Now all they have to do is follow it up.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
"With E3 2015 we said, OK, let's make sure the games are playable, that they're running on the target machines. When we show something, we ask the team, make sure it's playable, make sure gamers can immediately see exactly what it is. That's what we learned from the Watch_Dogs experience - if it can't be played on the target machine, it can be a risk."
But Watch Dogs was playable at E3. You were playing it on a targeted machine! And all those features are still there and run on the PC version!

So what they're saying is....the PC version is going to be gimped from the start so the Xbox and PS don't look bad?

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Ugh, you know what the worst thing now is going to be? This Ubisoft as we know it now is going to dive into their list of brands and is going to find something with some sort of brand recognition and they are going to make a terrible sequel and try to get some cash flow going again.
And the are going to ruin a great game in the process.
And that game will be Beyond Good And Evil.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Yes, let's trust a sociopathic CEO of a company that releases broken games and games that don't look or play as advertized. What could possibly go wrong?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Talk is cheap!

You are just going to copy EA and learn to stay quiet when you can't do anything right.

chysamere

Jun 28, 2012
I'm still boycotting all Ubisoft games until they put down the abomination known as Uplay.

Soon as they do that they will get a couple hundred dollars out of me for the games I want to play but refuse to buy on principle.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Even disregarding the high probability of Ubisoft quickly forgetting they ever learned this very important lesson... does anyone else think it extremely sad that this is something Ubisoft (or any dev or publisher) had to learn? That ensuring the game runs properly on the target hardware platforms is basically the most important thing of all? How can this not be the very first rule of Game Publishing 101? :(

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im done with ubi titles. thought i play some AC2 again, but i have hardly no sound in the game. no dialog, hardly any of the sounds from weapons, etc and some of the background. also, it didnt show on uplay that it is available to play. just shows "download". WTF?? i have just installed the game from the disc. uplay was even running. went to the folder where the exe is to start the game but as mentioned: hardly any sound.
the same with AC4. installed it from the disc but shows download. after deleting it and trying it again, it tells me its already installed. after addressing it in the forum, i got permanently banned for no reason, as stated.

fine; if ubi wants to be a jerk about it so be it. watchdogs was ok but sure has trouble to run normally. regardless the settings. so ubi will not be getting my money for a very long time until they they really learn from their mistakes. which i think will never happen.

Hyperstorm

Nov 27, 2013
Honestly? I liked Watch_Dogs, but then again, I don't watch the annual hypefest known as E3 so maybe that had something to do with it.

I think if Ubisoft want to learn from the mistakes of one of their games then they should learn from the abomination known as Assassin's Creed Unity though.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Yeah, "we have learned", "we know we were wrong" and "we changed, trust us"... I wonder where I've heard those words before.

IIRC Jim Sterling made one episode about this shit and I still can't believe people are falling for this shit. Yeah, I totally believe Ubishit learned from Watch Dogs. Unity is obviously a product of them learning from WD. Look at all the improvement man.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Oddly, I had no interest in Watch_Dogs because it was made by Ubisoft, not because of some misleading hype. I wasn't interested in playing a game that I knew would have a cliff hanger ending and nothing would be resolved.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
*triggered*

No, Ubisoft. Shut the fuck up with your lies already. You haven't learned a goddamn thing since ever.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Psh, Ubi never learns.
Lastly, Guillemot says that he wants to invest more time and money into smaller, off-beat titles like Valiant Hearts and Child of Light, which have proven to be very successful for the company without costing millions of dollars and requiring colossal development cycles.
...Huh; that actually sounds like progress.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Ubisoft: "We've Learned From Watch_Dogs' Mistakes"
But will there be a story or some more cut and paste blandness as far as the eye can see? because i was pretty sure that was watch dogs actual problem.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Souplex said:
Psh, Ubi never learns.
Lastly, Guillemot says that he wants to invest more time and money into smaller, off-beat titles like Valiant Hearts and Child of Light, which have proven to be very successful for the company without costing millions of dollars and requiring colossal development cycles.
...Huh; that actually sounds like progress.
these two games are actually very good and amazing. child of light became my game of the year.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Would it kill you guys to, instead of immediately entering uber-cynical-edgy-teenager-mode, to maybe have just a bit of quiet hope? It would do wonders for my blood pressure, and Ubisoft was a great publisher not too far back.

...No? Ugh.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
lacktheknack said:
Would it kill you guys to, instead of immediately entering uber-cynical-edgy-teenager-mode, to maybe have just a bit of quiet hope? It would do wonders for my blood pressure, and Ubisoft was a great publisher not too far back.

...No? Ugh.
No, there really is no reason to cut them some slack because you're wrong with what you said. You see, Ubisoft was a great developer not too far back. Their publishing arm however has always been garbage. Don't forget that prior to their UPlay mess they openly declared that almost all PC users are pirates, and prior to even that they were the only major publisher to actively use, promote, and endorse the system killer DRM that was Starforce to the point that they berated any company that didn't use it. Sure EA and Activision are terrible, but they didn't utilize a DRM system that physically damages machines. Finally don't forget that they've made these claims before in the past and well, clearly they haven't learned anything.

So no, they don't deserve any "benefit of the doubt" because at no point have they ever earned that privilege.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
gigastar said:
Well theyve said what EA hasnt. I will give them that.

Now all they have to do is follow it up.
EA has been singing the "we've learned from our fuck-ups, really!" for quite a while now. MS, Ubisoft, and them could start a chorus by now.