UFO sighted over Chinese airport.

Ossim_Sauce

Jul 16, 2010
If it is aliens i'm fine with that as long as I am not selected for probing they can do whatever they want.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Gerhardt said:
Hundreds of people at the airport witnessed the sighting of that mysterious glowing object, allegedly believed to a UFO.
O RLY?

So, they think it might not be flying, unidentified OR an object?

Pretty sure it is, brah.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
SultanP said:
hiks89 said:
wait how does "allegedly belived to be a ufo" make sense if it flies and no one knows what it is than its a ufo???
Thanks. This got to me as well. People keep forgetting what UFO means, and think that it has to come from somewhere that isn't Earth to be one.

Ultratwinkie said:
a falling satilite doesnt move horizontally for that amount of time then some how stop, ACCELERATES, and moves in a completely different direction. no known craft or missle can do that.
Isn't the Harrier supposed to be able to do that? and I'm fairly sure that a helicopter can move horizontally, stop, and start moving again.
then you have to explain the plume, and how it ran away from its own country's military. super sonic jets dont leave that big of a plume, and they only leave a tiny puff when they do break the sound barrier.
Well, about running away, nobody said that's what it did, just that it flew away really fast, which could have been part of a test. How slowly would it have to fly away for it not to be "running away"? It could just have been an acceleration test.

Also, if we're going by the OP, then it didn't run away from the military, since they weren't there, it just took off.

About the plume, well, it could have been outfitted with some special model of those smoke machines they put on air planes for flight shows, where they leave trails of smoke that spell out something or leave pretty patterns. Rig one of those to leave a wide white plume and that might explain it.

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
Ofcourse it's an UFO, it stands for Unidentified Flying Object, if it's extraterrestial or not, I dunno. Interesting though...

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
SultanP said:
Ultratwinkie said:
SultanP said:
hiks89 said:
wait how does "allegedly belived to be a ufo" make sense if it flies and no one knows what it is than its a ufo???
Thanks. This got to me as well. People keep forgetting what UFO means, and think that it has to come from somewhere that isn't Earth to be one.

Ultratwinkie said:
a falling satilite doesnt move horizontally for that amount of time then some how stop, ACCELERATES, and moves in a completely different direction. no known craft or missle can do that.
Isn't the Harrier supposed to be able to do that? and I'm fairly sure that a helicopter can move horizontally, stop, and start moving again.
then you have to explain the plume, and how it ran away from its own country's military. super sonic jets dont leave that big of a plume, and they only leave a tiny puff when they do break the sound barrier.
Well, about running away, nobody said that's what it did, just that it flew away really fast, which could have been part of a test. How slowly would it have to fly away for it not to be "running away"? It could just have been an acceleration test.

Also, if we're going by the OP, then it didn't run away from the military, since they weren't there, it just took off.

About the plume, well, it could have been outfitted with some special model of those smoke machines they put on air planes for flight shows, where they leave trails of smoke that spell out something or leave pretty patterns. Rig one of those to leave a wide white plume and that might explain it.
they do the mist tests in air tunnels, not out in the open. no military turns any prototype jet into a plane for shows. the bus driver said it turned and ran away from the area. unless the pilot hated china and used the opportunity to fly out of china, it wouldnt have ran away. planes stay in the area it launched in when it comes to tests, not run away from it.
How does anyone know that it ran away? Just because it took off fast? That doesn't mean it ran away, just that it went somewhere else fast. I never said this was for show, the plume emitter could be put on it to confuse people because "nobody just puts something like that on a plane", and therefore it couldn't possibly be something that was put on to disguise the nature of the craft. Since nobody saw it go up in the first place, maybe it flew off to where it was launched. How do you know how China tests their secret stuff? For all we know it could be somebody's attempt to disguise a military craft as not-a-military-craft, so they could use it without people knowing it was them. Maybe it was a cleverly disguised surveillance craft from somewhere else. Maybe it was a space ship.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
Its got to be some kind of missile.
At 00:32 do you think that is when it goes supersonic or something like that?

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
Honestly, I'd like it to be a UFO.
Oil spills, economy in the gutter, why not throw in some aliens too? Whoop.

Gerhardt

May 21, 2010
For those of you just joining in, here is an update:

10 days ago over the Xiaoshan Internation airport in China, an unidentified craft halted air traffic for 3-4 hours. The object was confirmed to be detected on radar by air traffic controllers.

The Escapist community has thrown in every possible imaginable scenario to account for the so-far unexplained sighting. As it stands we've had:

1.)Experimental Aircraft (Scramjet?)
2.)Missile testing or a rocket of some kind
3.)Comet or other debris illuminated by China's high smog cover
4.)Furon Starship
5.)Cthulhu
6.)Ghost Whale
7.)Chuck Norris round-house kicking all of China
8.)Giant sperm (eww...)
9.)Goku
10.)Google updating their maps
11.)Space Jellyfish
12.)North Korea firin itz lazer
13.)A Gundam (God I hope so. That would be so freakin AWESOME)

Over all the one thing most people have settled on is that it is definitely a UFO by definition. It's an object that appears to be flying that has not (as of yet) been identified.
If China's military knows what it is, they're not talking.

As hesitant as I am to throw up my arms and yell "They're Here!" there are a few thing that don't add up in my mind.

As far as I know, China is VERY strict about their airspace and to the best of my knowledge, they also boast the largest military air force. This would rule out the possibility of this thing being any kind of aircraft or rocket from a neighboring country.

The most glaring discrepancy is China declaring it to be an experimental aircraft, but that doesn't explain why the would test it over a populated area and an international airport to boot. It could be that it is malfunctioning or out of control, but it appears to be flying in a very controlled manner in the video. With the immense size of the country, there is no logical reason that such an extremely visible craft would be flown over a populated area instead of a more isolated area.

At 30 seconds into the video, we notice the disruption in the tail flare. While this does coincide with the idea that this may be a rocket, it doesn't explain it's ability to changed directions in such a manner as it was reported as doing. Again, to the best of my knowledge, rockets aren't capable of changing directions in such a way. Plus, as others pointed out, a rocket like that would be FAR to visible to any target it was aimed at, assuming that it was a rocket designed for warfare.

Let's assume for a moment that (and this is just an assumption) that this is, in fact, an alien craft. It stands to reason that China would be a prime location to fly over for information gathering as it is one of the most densely populated countries on Earth. For a race that did not know the differences between our countries and societies, it makes sense that the most populated area would be the logical place to study first.
Were it the case that this was an alien craft, claiming it to be a undisclosed military experiment would be the best way to avoid causing mass panic.

I'm still doubtful that this was actually Alien, but excited by the prospect none the less.
Let's hope we here more about what the hell this thing is.
I'll keep you all posted.