Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Info Blowout

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
how do you use Phoenix Wright? isn't he a lawyer? "OBJECTION!", does he throw documents at you and try to sue you? "Take that!~" or, before you attack him, he uses his move to stop your character "hold it!"... i donno...

50 characters... looks like a buy to me... Trish, Dante, Virgil, the demon hunter trio is here! if we can get "lady" with the DLC, there'll be 4 of them!~ it's a shame that I felt bad for purchasing the first one, now i felt like I bought an unfinished product... I really hope they didn't have us who own the "beta" pay full amount for this new one, like a trading in deal would be nice, especially for the people who actually DLC the 2 "support us" characters. I don't might paying like 10 bucks extra to show some support... but don't make me buy your game twice, I don't might expansion pack,

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
blackdwarf said:
and this can't be DLC because...?

i'm not buying this in the store. if i want it, i will buy it second-handed, capcom doens't deserve money for doing this.
Then why buy it at all?

Don't get me wrong, I STRONGLY support the used market and think it's an important part of the gaming industry. I just don't get why they don't deserve money for it if you seem to want it bad enough to buy it.
Because there was no need for an updated version while the dlc for the original is so SORELY lacking and MVC3 was only released 5 months ago.

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
...So did Capcom just take a massive dump on people who bought MvsC3 considering it only came out in February? ...That's only a 9 month difference. What the hell Capcom?
...are you serious? I was unaware the world had inserted 4 more months between february and july.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
HigherTomorrow said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
HigherTomorrow said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
Twelve characters and not one of them's a girl... Sexist much Capcom?

And where are the Rival Schools characters?

Edit: I'm also deeply worried that UMvC3 will still be a broken unbalanced mess.
50 characters and only 2 of them are black (with one or two, Akuma and C. Viper, being ambiguously brown) so I guess Capcom's a damn racist. I agree, Rocket Raccoon could've been switched with Ms. Marvel and I would've been fine with that. We need more uber-batshit-powerful females like Phoenix and less...Raccoons. Although I still love Rocket Raccoon, total badass there.

And yeah, dunno about MvC3 being broken and unbalanced, just X-factor. I hope that's been nerfed. It looked a bit like it was in the gameplay videos I've seen, but I'm still unsure.
I hadn't even thought about that, but between several Asians, aliens and supernatural beings it hadn't struck me that the racial diversity could use a bit more work indeed.

They should add Luke Cage, voiced by Isaiah Mustafa. (Hello ladies~)
I guess I can see where you're coming from, just wish our black brothers were represented a little better.

And Luke Cage should've gotten in over Iron Fist, even if I'm a fan of Iron Fist. And should definitely be voiced by Isaiah Mustafa.
As much as I like Luke, in this game he wouldn't have been really interesting. He only has two powers: unpenetrable skin and super-strength. This would make him another heavy-hitter with nothing original exept for Lvl 3 super, during which he is invulnurable for a short period of time. Still, that's pretty darn sad. Well, you know, because he is badass.

Dec 14, 2009
Hopefully this will be releases as DLC, like SSF4 AE.

I want some new characters, mostly because every time I try and alter my team slightly (Ammy, X-23 and Morrigan), I fail terribly, it's like they're my perfect combo and I'm punished for even trying to mix things up a bit.

It would be nice if Capcom rewarded those of us who bought MvC3 though...

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
This was inevitable. TERRIBLE timing though. They're going to announce this only 6 months after the previous game AND right after cancelling Mega Man Legends??

It's as if they're actually trying to troll the gaming community.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
On the first day Capcom cancelled MegaMan Legends 3
On the second day everyone was very pissed.

On the third day Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 was announced
Now everyone craves Capcoms Cock.

Do we have no shame as consumers?

sluggyfreelancer

Apr 16, 2009
All I know is I'm glad I didn't get the original version as this should be cheaper and better (other than the fact that I have no money :().

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
Negatempest said:
Sabinfrost said:
I really am curious why they cannot just release the characters for a decent price over DLC instead of re-boxing an entire game. You're lagging behind technology Capcom
Okay, "IF" capcom decided to make each character $3, you are looking at $36 for having ALL new characters. That is not including Jill and Shuma for another $3 each. So to my own eyes, $40 is at a discount price. So Capcom could charge you $60+ for an updated roster OR give you a repackage of the game for $40.

Are they money hungry..sure, but from this point of view we got a damn good deal considering the tweaks that will come with it.
It's worse for them as it costs a lot more to release an actual copy and it's worse for me as I have to go buy an actual copy. Sure there are pros to getting the same in a box compared to online, but they are outweighed by the fact it shouldn't cost the same as it is more expensive to produce that box and ship it.

Capcom are using an archaic practice they've developed over a lot of years, it's certainly not the first time they have done this, I wish they'd adapt for the sake of everyone. Even as a fighting game fan since the arcade era, I'm not big on paying for balances that should be in a patch and a few characters that should be DLC.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Glad I sold this about 2 wks after I bought it on release. If its reasonably priced I'll buy because for a VS Capcom game the roster on release was fucking pathetic, period.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Wow-wee~ ~.~ I've gotta say, other then Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider, none of these characters are in my favour.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDER!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY ... FINALLY!!! **drops to knees and starts crying tears of joy**

I'm gonna main this guy till justin wong is scared to fight me
new team is totally

Vergil, Wesker, Strider

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
My reaction.

I not paying for a full game when I have 95% of the content already. I?m through with Capcom's fighting games.

They screwed me with super street fighter 4 and then ultimate super street fighter 4 (though that did come as DLC as well as a full retail copy) when they said previously they weren?t going to do it before they released super.

And now they want to screw me over with MVC3 as well? Fuck ?em, this weekend I?m trading the games in and I don?t care how much I get for them.

I won?t be buying Street Fight x Tekken as you know there will be a Super or ultimate version of the game coming out a few months after the original.

Hell I prefer COD?s map pack rip-offs then this crap.

HigherTomorrow said:
Each character is worth $5. 12 characters. 12 x 5 = $60. Now the 8 stages. How much do you say a stage is worth, $2 or $3?

Yeah, $40 is a bargain.
Like hell it is.

12 characters are not worth that much and the backgrounds aren?t worth a cent as they add pretty much nothing to the experience

I?d expect this to be DLC priced at about 1200 Microsoft points (or $15.00 est. as1000 points is worth $12.50) and the backgrounds free since you won?t see them for the amount of flashing lights and lasers flying around the screen.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
HigherTomorrow said:
blackdwarf said:
and this can't be DLC because...?

i'm not buying this in the store. if i want it, i will buy it second-handed, capcom doens't deserve money for doing this.
Each character is worth $5. 12 characters. 12 x 5 = $60. Now the 8 stages. How much do you say a stage is worth, $2 or $3?

Yeah, $40 is a bargain.
Is the Fighting genre fans used to getting ripped off at this point? I wouldn't exactly call this a bargain. If you put it in a different perspective, one could easily say that at least half of these 12 whopping characters could have been created and released with the original game. Unfortunately, that wouldn't generate enough revenue for what Capcom knows is a cash cow.

The only way this is a bargain is if you were an individual who hasn't purchased the game yet.

Capcom should not be getting off easy at this point, especially not after canceling Megaman Legends 3 just a few days ago.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Schmittler said:
Capcom should not be getting off easy at this point, especially not after canceling Megaman Legends 3 just a few days ago.
Has anyone considered that they axed MML3 because they thought it was terrible? The same happened to universe when it got complaints and bad previews.

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
This is the reason why I NEVER buy console games at release. NEVER, EVER. Thanks, gaming industry, for proving that I am doing it right.

But, looks like there are a fair amount of people that will fall for it. Thus, this is incentive enough for the companies to keep on releasing half-baked games and charging ludicrous amounts for minimal DLCs. 5 bucks for ONE CHARACTER? You have got to be kiddin' me.

We, as customers, have to understand that they treat us like idiots because we allow them to do so.