Underworld 4 Gets Underway

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
bad rider said:
awes0mepenguin said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:
Wait, there was an Underworld 2? And an Underworld 3?

Seriously? When did they happen?
I've heard of 2, but never knew there was 3... Are these straight to video?
"Number 3" was actually a prequel. Rise of the Lychens or something
Yeah, It was all about the werewolf bloke that got merced in the first one. Which kinda made you realize why they were at war and that he wasn't a douchebag.
Shame he's a vampire in New Moon...

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
I got a suggested title:

Underworld: Not another one! But at least it will still be better than New Moon.

RoseBridge

Oct 27, 2009
I actually dont like the series, especially when they show the wolfman/vampire hybrid, its just meh to me I hope a cool vampire movie comes out soon, since zombie movies already blew their load with Zombieland, they need a break.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Oh goodness, not another one. I've seen Underworld 1, thought it was pretty meh, got forced into suffering through Underworld 2, thought it was kinda crap... and now you're telling me there's a number 3 that I haven't suffered through, not to mention ANOTHER one in the works?

ARGH!

The only good part about the Underworld movies is that main-character-girl is pretty hot. I think that's how I survived Underworld 1 & 2...

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Amnestic said:

DeathWyrmNexus said:
Baron Khaine said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
bad rider said:
awes0mepenguin said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

I've heard of 2, but never knew there was 3... Are these straight to video?
"Number 3" was actually a prequel. Rise of the Lychens or something
Yeah, It was all about the werewolf bloke that got merced in the first one. Which kinda made you realize why they were at war and that he wasn't a douchebag.
What is funny that is that Lucian was my favorite character throughout the series, even at the beginning. Honestly, I expect him to show up in the fourth one. If you see the events of the first movie at the end, it is improbable but possible.
Well....

If Lycan's work anything like Vampires do in Underworld, they get stronger as the age, and if Viktor can survive having a sword jammed out the back of his head in RotL, then I think Lucian could probably survive the bullet's, i'm sure I remember him forcing them out anyway, but iirc it was the special silver nitrate bullets that get in the bloodstream that "killed" him. But after seeing Michael come back from being dead, anythings possible. What i'm trying to get at, is that he's more or less the Lycan version of the Vampire Elder's, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he came back.
That was kinda what I was getting at and...

he already injected himself with Mike's blood and Raze had brought the other blood. It wasn't that far off either. He does seem resilient enough to rest some of the damage off and then get the rest of the equation into himself.
This is basicly my thoughts on Lucian. The key to his survival was a quick drag away. All he had to do was muster his strength for 5 feet, and he'd (likely) be fine.

@ thread; I rather LIKED the movies. The 3rd was a little weak to me, but the Underworld movies have this sexiness that makes me giggle and blush. It's the PVC corsets and blue eyes, I'm sure. But ever since the first movie, I've had a soft spot for the flicks. Not to mention, when Underworld 1 came out, The Matix 2 was a few month past. Underworld 1 satasfied all the Gun-play I wanted to be in Matrix 2. So there was that, on top of my infatuations, and then some.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
Wait when did Underworld 3 happen :S I was a big fan of underworld and liked underworld 2 so i need to hunt down this underworld 3. But anyway i'm excited. I want to watch the first film now.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Firia said:
This is basicly my thoughts on Lucian. The key to his survival was a quick drag away. All he had to do was muster his strength for 5 feet, and he'd (likely) be fine.

@ thread; I rather LIKED the movies. The 3rd was a little weak to me, but the Underworld movies have this sexiness that makes me giggle and blush. It's the PVC corsets and blue eyes, I'm sure. But ever since the first movie, I've had a soft spot for the flicks. Not to mention, when Underworld 1 came out, The Matix 2 was a few month past. Underworld 1 satasfied all the Gun-play I wanted to be in Matrix 2. So there was that, on top of my infatuations, and then some.
We can only hope, right. XD

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Same shit as Twilight, just with more blood and less pretentious romance. Doesn't make it good.
Actually, Underworld gets most of the Vampire rules right unlike Twilight. But you are right Correct vampire rules does not make a good vampire movie. A bare-assed Kate Beckinsale, however, does make a good movie.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Well I dont mind it been made as long is the plot/story turns out ok, but that can be said about nearly every movie made each year // Im not goin to say anything about it now until I hear the direction that they are goin to take with the plot, then you shall hear my rant on how good it sounds or the pain it will inflict upon the world, either way hot female vampire in tight leather outfits are always fun

-M

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Same shit as Twilight, just with more blood and less pretentious romance. Doesn't make it good.
Wow, hold on there... Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sure Underworld is generally a pile of unoriginal clichés and uninteresting shit but... Putting it at Twilight level? That's just fucking cruel right there.

No no. Underworld is bad, but it's far more watchable than Twilight... In fact it IS watchable... Not very enjoyable besides Miss Beckinsale in leather, but watchable nonetheless.

nonW00t

Aug 6, 2009
First Underworld is a damn classic (especially the director's cut version). Underworld: Evolution was good too, not the same but it worked and dammit you can't go wrong with Kate B.! Didn't bother seeing 3 yet, mainly because no Kate but prequels are usually retarded (look what they did with 3 of the cool Ginger Snaps!) -LOL. Anyway if Kate ain't in Underworld 4 then EPIC PASS. hahaha And nice to see this revived, the Twilight teeny crap has it's place but come on, bring on the more mature Underworld stuff again! heh

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Underworld was not to bad a hell of alot better than Blade the only thing I didn't like was the were wolfs were over powered and the Vampires were barely super human.

UW 1 was done very well despite the vampire being so weak(sorry I am sue to shadow melding and telepathic vampires not dark elves who burn in the sun) the set up was good the writing was good for an action flix.

Underworld 2 was so so what really killed it was the plot/script it kinda just kept sinking into the abyss. Not seen 3 yet its a prequle/ spin off should not be horrible I think.

I didn't not care for the conclusion either...so were wolves and vampires are jedi and their blood lines stem from 2 ancient mutant flu vrii and the half'n'half guy by taking in both vri cured everyone of the wolf'n'bat flu...... uuuhhgggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.... can we keep science out of it and just go with myth and information based on it? the more they try and explain things the more I want to hurt someone....

And for the record I loved Van hellsing(and hellboy) that's a classic adventure style of film that's simply not done these days because no one have style or skill its all sexed up seeping realism based BS like blade nothing is much done anymore with wit and humor....

PS:the only real vampires in blade were the reavers the rest might as well be from Twilight dominatrix division....

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I'm not surprised. Werewolves and vampires are the new thing. I pretty sure that's how the TV show "Vampire Dairies," and "Transylvania" and "Vampire's Assistant" movies got their start.

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Wait, at the end of the second move the girl basically became some kind of demi-god and went off into the sunset with her demi-god boyfriend.

How the hell does one create drama when your two main characters are almost indestructible?

Also, it's a sad day when we have to rate how good a vampire movie is based on how unlike the T-word it is or isn't.

Sad, sad day. Carmilla weeps and Dracula scowls.