Undiscovered Planet May Be Hiding at the Edge of the Solar System

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I propose we call it Pluto II.

Also hate to break it to everyone but the gravity on something that size would crush any aliens/ships/whatever piece of sci-fi crap flat.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
chris89300 said:
Quaxar said:
chris89300 said:
Indeed it is, but I doubt our Sun's gravitational field would be powerful enough to drag a planet from whatever solar system light years away.
Well, it wouldn't exactly have to drag it, it could have other reasons.

Still, I doubt that at the moment. I mean a lightyear is damn far for a planet considering pluto is only about 5 lighthours away but if it's the supposed size of jupiter and this warm...
You'd think somebody would have spotted a second jupiter emitting quite some infrared light in our own solar system.

Indeed, but the more mass it has, the further it can be from the sun and still suffer from it's huge gravitation forces.

Read my last post for your "5 lighthour phrase" plz.
Yeah, I know that. I was more referring to the supposed temperature of the object. 200° K is actually damn hot in relation to size and position.

I mean they are talking about a star bigger than our gas-giant Jupiter who also happens to be about two times hotter than Saturn's rings which are nicely visible on infrared shots. Not to mention that it's probably 100 times hotter than the surrounding rocks and ice.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying I want more prove than two loners just claiming they have an idea.
Around 2001 two scientists claimed to have found the solution to the paradox black holes which would have been neat, astronomically speaking. But where is their Gravastar-model now?

chris89300

Jun 5, 2010
chris89300 said:
Quaxar said:
chris89300 said:
Indeed it is, but I doubt our Sun's gravitational field would be powerful enough to drag a planet from whatever solar system light years away.
Well, it wouldn't exactly have to drag it, it could have other reasons.

Still, I doubt that at the moment. I mean a lightyear is damn far for a planet considering pluto is only about 5 lighthours away but if it's the supposed size of jupiter and this warm...
You'd think somebody would have spotted a second jupiter emitting quite some infrared light in our own solar system.

Indeed, but the more mass it has, the further it can be from the sun and still suffer from it's huge gravitation forces.

Read my last post for your "5 lighthour phrase" plz.

Sorry, didn't visit the forums for a while.

Yeah, I know about gravity-mass, but as I recall (didn't reread the post), someone said that our Sun might have drawn it from another solar system. I don't know how far out the nearest solar system is, but I bet it's not next door, therefore, I'm thinking our sun doesn't have the necessary mass to "steal" that "planet" from another star, lightyears away. I may be wrong, I didn't research this too much, but it seems unlikely to me, unless the other star was tiny and the other planets revolving around it, if any, were also pretty small (which would explain why our Sun apparently only grabbed this one planet).