Unforgotten Realms: Episode 19: Why Did We Keep These Empty Jars?

Pots

Oct 9, 2007
I don't know why everyone hated the opening. Nothing wrong with some story and I liked how you made it look like a memory from Lost Odyssey. Plus after the story you nailed it with some key jokes to pick the pace back up. Excellent episode.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
You guys realize that people enjoy this show for lots of different reasons and not everyone finds the same things funny?

I'm so confused why people tell me what ranking they deemed this weeks episode compared to others.
Yes, and the're opinions. Just because some one tells you their opinion dose not mean that they think everyone agrees with them. It's just that they want people to know how they feel. kinda the reason that videos have a comment section under them. And those people who feel that theres is the only right opinion are close minded morons. as for dealing with them, well I think yatzee said it best...

"Fans are whiney complaining dipshits who will never, ever, be happy with any consession you make. The sooner you shut out their shrill tremulos voices the happyer you'll be for it."

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
the intro was too long... but the white-smith joke caused me a big old lol here at the office :p

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
Yes, and the're opinions. Just because some one tells you their opinion dose not mean that they think everyone agrees with them. It's just that they want people to know how they feel. kinda the reason that videos have a comment section under them. And those people who feel that theres is the only right opinion are close minded morons. as for dealing with them, well I think yatzee said it best...

"Fans are whiney complaining dipshits who will never, ever, be happy with any consession you make. The sooner you shut out their shrill tremulos voices the happyer you'll be for it."
Yes but I'm not Yatzhee and I do care what people think which is exactly my point. I want to hear what people like or dislike but what isn't very helpful or useful to me is the following:

THIS EPISODE IS FAR BETTER THEN EPISODE 13 AND 7 BUT IS NOT BETTER THEN 3 OR 16. HOWEVER AFTER STATING THIS I WILL NOT COMMENT WHY OR GIVE ANY CLUES WHY I THINK THE ABOVE!

See what I mean? I'm looking for feedback to improve my craft, randomly rating episodes based on other episodes tells me litteraly nothing and worst of all they aren't even consistent. Tell me what parts you liked, what parts you didn't, what parts you didn't get. Don't give me a dribble of a rating score as I have zero idea what to make out of your opinion. This is the worst episode yet? Why? Oh you aren't going to tell me? Well then I guess I can't really improve on it for ya can I?

Exactly.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Roamin was barred at the gate by the guards and apprently they never bothered to get him back, but he will probably pop up soon again. Petey was in teh Sea Monster and did not escape with them. His return I dunno, but Rob likes setting up things so... And I dunno about Jaques, he should still be with them.

FoxtrotTango

Dec 24, 2008
Seems like Sir Schmoopy would like some constructive criticism. Very well, I'll offer you some since most others don't seem to be catching on as to what exactly that is.

The graphical complaints in the intro are possibly warranted because it looked a bit blocky during the busy parts, especially with so many characters on screen. I'm not sure if there's a way to rectify it or not, so if you can't, don't worry too much about it. After all, it's not like you can remake that entire intro perfectly without messing too much up.

On to the story elements: My biggest complaint is throwing away James, Stevenson, and the Arbiter. They looked like good characters and possibly candidates for a second party, but now they've been tossed into who-knows-where. A good way to turn this unfortunate pickle into an unexpected gold mine would be, of course, to make them fall safely near a few other characters, possibly soulless ones, and have them adjust to those bodies. We naturally don't have to worry about following their plotline until they join up with Schmoopy's group, and even then, it can be explained shortly in a single episode. And for simplicity's sake, let's just say that the people that James, Stevenson, and the Arbiter end up inhabiting are either soulless, totally fine with someone inhabiting their bodies, or they weren't pissed in jars. Either way, it's good to follow up on.

If you were planning to kill off any of these characters, like James, you could say that their jars didn't land safely. I still think that one of them should land safely, though. It's a good crop of characters to choose from, so you can pick your personal favorite and have him be the sole survivor if you have to.

As for whose body they inhabit, I still suggest an undead cleric. I don't know why, but such an oxymoron sounds more than fitting. It's a joke in itself, since he can't really turn undead without killing himself, regardless of how powerful his iteration of that spell is. As for the explanation why he was never accidentally turned in Cleric Private School, he was going to visit his relatives in their tombs way out east or something like that. You'd be better at explaining this than I would, since you're making the series.

Anyhow, that's enough commentary from me. Looking forward to more Unforgotten Realms.

Guvnorium

Nov 20, 2008
"The Arbiter is now a lemon grenaaaade." That was the part I lauphed the most at. Also, the Black/White smith joke was probably inspired by classic episode four, so I was happy to see it back. And now for my constructive critiscism...

I have honestly never cared about the graphics of U realms that much. So I'm not going to complain about that.

As far as the humour, I laughed three times: the Lemon Grenade Joke, the Black/White smith joke and the thing about the arbiter being adopted. I tend to like certain jokes the rest of the veiwers didn't even mention. (Such as the "Kobold invisibility" line) although I may not laugh. A good example was the magnetic vagina joke. (Noone else has even mentioned it!)

Russel1

Jun 13, 2008
i thought it was rly good. im enjoying the story a lot.
but if your looking for some crit i would have to say have more of the classic, Rob cutting corners n cheating (eg. in the classic when mike said Rob couldnt climb the ladder in 1 turn so he suggested he would take 1 turn to jump to the top of the ladder), coming up with crazy theories finding loop holes, and mike trying to stick to the plan and getting mad etc. its like hes just humouring him now

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
Russel1 said:
i thought it was rly good. im enjoying the story a lot.
but if your looking for some crit i would have to say have more of the classic, Rob cutting corners n cheating (eg. in the classic when mike said Rob couldnt climb the ladder in 1 turn so he suggested he would take 1 turn to jump to the top of the ladder), coming up with crazy theories finding loop holes, and mike trying to stick to the plan and getting mad etc. its like hes just humouring him now
I think the fact that they haven't gotten into any fights and whatnot, it's a bit difficult to do stuff like that... and besides, they PEE'ED OUT THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE ORIGINAL BODY OWNERS! I think that's pretty twisted in itself, especially since it was controllable by the invading souls.

Best Episode yet in my opinion, especially when it cut back to the actual players of the game! I missed that sooo much!

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
gigastrike said:
Wait, Maelstorm is a good guy?

(Yay! Weekly episodes!)
No, he's still trying to kill the dwarves -.-

I hope those guys aren't gone for good, like roamin'll drink them or something... they were funny T_T

Chillin

Nov 23, 2008
My life is now complete that episodes are once a week, and that Mael is really a "good" guy.

I personally thought that the background story was a little hard to swallow. I had to watch it a second time before I was sure I knew what was going on.

So, the new characters are now floating in jars somewhere. But I highly doubt that they're gone, considering that James and the Arbiter were interesting characters. And actually I thought that the series could work with Schmoopy + friends sharing bodies, and it would be a smart thing to do, especially because it would be useful to share bodies with the person who knows what they're doing. Maybe Schmoopy just didn't want any more team killing.

All in all, great episode. My only concern is that, just like in the last season, there don't seem to be enough episodes left so finish the plot. Well, I'm sure it'll all work out.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
i think the episode before that one was a lot funnier then this one was but oh well. This episode was great just like most of the others ones. It is also good to see them using some of the classic jokes