Unforgotten Realms: Episode 19: Why Did We Keep These Empty Jars?

Valciron

Sep 17, 2008
That was a pretty good episode. I felt that the begining part was a bit dragged on, but helped to put more plot into the series. The way you had the arbiter say, "the arbiter is now a lemon grenade", just made me laugh so hard. I enjoyed Blacksmith/whitesmith joke just because of how it was based off the classic episodes. (Actually showing the whitesmith was one of the best parts)

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Nice episode. I liked the story part tying up a whole bunch of loose ends. The black/white joke was pure gold.

Hopefully James & co. will come back, seeing as they were pretty interesting characters.
I wonder if the vampire is doing what he's doing on the order of Maelstrom or on his own.

SerenityM

Jan 16, 2009
Really good epsiode, even though it was nothing but explanations, pee throwing, romain replacing, and plot device having 9 mineuts. Nessicary though. :)

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
hmm just thinking...
there are Petey, the Axeguy and Roamin missing.
either this James, Stevenson and the Arbiterguys are flying whereever... might these two parties meet somewhere?

(I don`t want to improve my spelling)

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Kumomaru said:
gigastrike said:
Wait, Maelstorm is a good guy?

(Yay! Weekly episodes!)
No, he's still trying to kill the dwarves -.-

I hope those guys aren't gone for good, like roamin'll drink them or something... they were funny T_T
Ya, he tried to kill some dwarves, but he also seems to be trying to save the world.

TehJrn

Feb 8, 2009
am i the only one that has no idea when the hell this story is going?

I like it, i'm just confused by it.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Realistically, I think Mikes character has become sort of a dead weight. He's supposed to act as the straight man (ironic choice of phrase considering him, I know), just the counterbalance for Rob. The problem is that since we've gone from two guys and two props to to an actual party (I'm assuming Roman will be returning) Mike (and Nailo) becomes pretty much silenced beneath the other three (I've been noticing he hasn't really been doing anything for a large number of episodes). I'm not saying write the character out, or drastically change him, but just be aware that Gary and Roamin (or even just Gary) throw it off kilter a bit.

I can't have 6 major characters doing there own thing every single episode. It's as simple as that.

DireFrog

Jan 31, 2009
Nice work rob. They should totaly use the "Lemon Grenades" as a attack. That would be funny.

washer

Sep 17, 2008
Very good. What happened to the whole herb for grandma quest, is it null because of most of the characters including grandma switching bodies?

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
I expect that the other three will be back at some point -- after all, they were casually tossed off a cliff, and you can't get much more stereotypical "they'll be back later" than that!

I'm a little surprised that the Arbiter fell for that, though. Of all of them, he's the one who seemed to have the best grasp of what had actually happened to them and how.

And yeah, there was probably a little too much exposition in one shot in this ep -- exposition is best served in small doses. Still, it was fun.

(And you know, guys, "whitesmith" is a real profession, not just a joke.)

Waryor

Dec 18, 2008
Wait wait wait... Rob reads all our comments on the escapist?Seriously? My life is now complete. I can just imagine the lemon grenade characters winding up with timmy the evil somehow and then he puts them into the undead necromancer or some kind of new bodies made by timmy for them, then the characters come back and try to kill the party just after they succeed at killing the ogre king. Fo shizzle.

Guvnorium

Nov 20, 2008
Miral said:
I expect that the other three will be back at some point -- after all, they were casually tossed off a cliff, and you can't get much more stereotypical "they'll be back later" than that!

I'm a little surprised that the Arbiter fell for that, though. Of all of them, he's the one who seemed to have the best grasp of what had actually happened to them and how.

And yeah, there was probably a little too much exposition in one shot in this ep -- exposition is best served in small doses. Still, it was fun.

(And you know, guys, "whitesmith" is a real profession, not just a joke.)
So what does a Whitesmith do?

SirSchmoopy said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Realistically, I think Mikes character has become sort of a dead weight. He's supposed to act as the straight man (ironic choice of phrase considering him, I know), just the counterbalance for Rob. The problem is that since we've gone from two guys and two props to to an actual party (I'm assuming Roman will be returning) Mike (and Nailo) becomes pretty much silenced beneath the other three (I've been noticing he hasn't really been doing anything for a large number of episodes). I'm not saying write the character out, or drastically change him, but just be aware that Gary and Roamin (or even just Gary) throw it off kilter a bit.

I can't have 6 major characters doing there own thing every single episode. It's as simple as that.
I don't think that's what he's saying. I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) he's trying to say that the dynamic has shifted, and that it me be for the worse. In other words, maybe Gaary and Roamin should leave the group again.