United Kingdom Privilege (NSFW)

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Redlin5 said:
I just love Gavin's passport.

Also I'm wondering what Canadians have a card for...
Generally, it's one for people's blind trust.

Quite the powerful card to have, use it well.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Until like, two years ago when I saw a kerfuffle on the internet about someone (in America, obviously) using the "slur", not only was I not aware of that perception, I actually thought the insult was gendered male. I'm not sure if, in the whole 19 years of my life before that, I'd ever even heard a woman being called a ****, and I wasn't exactly sheltered from swearwords.

Although, actually based on that I think we can make a rule that works for both sides of the pond; "****" only becomes a slur when you're actually using it to refer to a woman, and in any other context is just an ordinary swearword, although I think it is also the strongest normal swearword the language has, other than compound ones like "************" and the elder swear [https://youtu.be/TqTHmzMk0Cw?t=4m10s].

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
sageoftruth said:
A vulgar word. The fewer of those I have to listen to on a daily basis, the better for me. Still, I must admit that even without that word, people in the US really are no less vulgar in the way some of them speak. Also, it somehow sounds less vulgar when said in the UK.
You're giving simple words too much influence over your life. "****" has many different meanings depending on the context, only some of which would be considered vulgar.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
I **** remember Ireland oppressing anyone actually. We just weren't that kind of a cuntry.
I had to read this 3 times before I realised the puns at play. Well played, ya ****.

Seriously though, it would be ridiculously hypocritical for us Irish people to be systematically oppressing others considering our history.

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
blackrave said:
Fuck this noise!
Notion that someone may "own" the word is idiotic.
Either it's ok to say by anyone, or it isn't... you cunts.

Jhonie said:
Jandau said:
I'm from the non-english part of the word, I can call you things that would make your ears bleed in languages you can't begin to comprehend! :D

Also, love the crayon-drawn Irish passport.
Hehe, same here. I'm from Sweden, and the Swedish language has this beautiful and extremely handy trait that lets you combine almost any two words to form a new one. It opens up a whole new world of insults. :D Heck, we even have at least one song that is entierly compsed of one long string of insults. It's beautiful.
Hey, dicknugget, it isn't something unique to swedes :D
Combining two words you can do in any language, sure, but it's not always "legal" in accordance to grammatical laws. It is in Swedish. Write dicknugget as one word in an english text editor and it'll complain. Write, say... nötjävel (nut-devil. It doesn't need to make sense) in a Swedish text editor and it won't. At least as long as it's properly programmed. ;)

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Pyramid Head said:
You have ****, but we have spaz. That one is pretty benign here but is pretty controversial in the land where people drink tea and never see the sun.
But not to anywhere near the level that **** apparently is in the US. Yes, you'll rarely hear spaz (or spastic) being used any more (if anything, it's more dated than controversial). However, I've never seen anyone reluctant to even type/say it, or use a euphemism like 's-word' or s***, the same can't be said for ****.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
An Ceannaire said:
sageoftruth said:
A vulgar word. The fewer of those I have to listen to on a daily basis, the better for me. Still, I must admit that even without that word, people in the US really are no less vulgar in the way some of them speak. Also, it somehow sounds less vulgar when said in the UK.
You're giving simple words too much influence over your life. "****" has many different meanings depending on the context, only some of which would be considered vulgar.
Interesting. This is news to me. I'm all ears.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Windknight said:
this really needs English To American

Though I have noticed a certain English slang word for cigarette generally does not get used when something is intended for a wider audience as people are very much aware of its homophobic connotations in america.

Though it does give me a great anecdote about a friend of my mother getting herself in trouble on an american holiday by walking into a shop and asking for 20 (BLEEP)s. Luckily, her husband was american and cleared things up for her.
I remember in Shawn of the Dead they had to change a line because they thought americans would get confused. In the scene with the zombie in the garden one of them says "Shes drunk!" instead of "Shes pissed!".

kirwan464

Aug 9, 2013
Well you are a right **** arnt you. dont dare say ireland is a part of the uk or that an irish man is british, i dont care if your joking or not it is fucking offensive

C14N

May 28, 2008
Irish citizens aren't British any more than US citizens are Canadian. Comic is good, OP is being a ****.

C14N

May 28, 2008
Absimilliard said:
An Ceannaire said:
Absimilliard said:
I really like that so far, the only thing that have offended people in the comments is the notion that an Irishman is "British". And he's not. You ****.
That and the "British Isles" thing are the only two types of bait guaranteed to work with Irish people on the internet.
And I'm just partly Irish...

And just to be clear, Webster defines "British" as "The people of Great Britain or the Commonwealth of Nations". (I.e. not someone from the British Isles, like the people of Ireland or Northern Ireland, the latter of which is in the UK (for the time being), not GB.)
Yeah but Northern Ireland is a part of the Commonwealth (although that is a very strange and expansive definition since it means Indians, Australians and Canadians are all "British" too, which they aren't).

Michael Dunkerton

Jan 8, 2013
Darth_Payn said:
Michael Dunkerton said:
White Americans may not get to use "charged" swears, but we do get to use British swears without people thinking they are swears at all. Hence why Disney heroes Jack Sparrow and Loki get to say "bugger" and "quim". It doesn't count if the kiddies don't know what it means!
Loki? A hero? Have you watched the same movies I did?
He's just misunderstood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7eJaxFCog

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Andy Shandy said:

I wonder how many people will come into the cuntments comments just to say ****.

It's not like I can blame them, it is rather cunthartic cathartic
Nobody in the world can say **** like Peter Capaldi.

Can't find a clip of the glorious "Fuck off out of my house you miserable Scottish ****" from Skins, alas.

Also, the other Big C.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
BreakfastMan said:
lacktheknack said:
I have no idea why I didn't expect to walk into these comments and find it to be brimming with cu-

Cu-

C-

Cu-

I can't do it. I'm too Canadian. ;___;
You come from the land that gave us Trailer Park Boys. If anything, I would think this would be right up your fucking alley. :O
As a Canadian I can say that the study from a few years back which found that Canadians swear more then anyone else is true, which really conflicts with the stereotype we have of being nice, polite people.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Michael Dunkerton said:
Hence why Disney heroes Jack Sparrow and Loki get to say "bugger" and "quim". It doesn't count if the kiddies don't know what it means!
What is a "quim?"

*Quick google search* ...ohhh I see! Never heard that before :) Time for social experimentation!
Wait, so when Loki said "you mewling quim" he was really saying "you whiny ****". Oh my...

...I love it.

Aug 31, 2012
Shinkicker444 said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Michael Dunkerton said:
Hence why Disney heroes Jack Sparrow and Loki get to say "bugger" and "quim". It doesn't count if the kiddies don't know what it means!
What is a "quim?"

*Quick google search* ...ohhh I see! Never heard that before :) Time for social experimentation!
Wait, so when Loki said "you mewling quim" he was really saying "you whiny ****". Oh my...

...I love it.
That's arguable, quim isn't particularly well used and hasn't developed the meanings that dick, ****, twat etc have when used as an insult, it is literally just a term for vagina. It isn't interchangeable with ****, at least in the British sense. That said, from what I can tell (I might be wrong) the American usage of the word **** is basically saying "you are nothing but a vagina, that is your only use", so I suppose referring to her as a quim lit. "vagina" could fit the US usage of the word.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I think us Aussies use that word more than you Poms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-SUhJT3g1c[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMvtzpigvo4[/youtube]

K12

Dec 28, 2012
I would very much like to see the Monty Python "Spam" sketch but with every "Spam" replaced with "****".