Unpopular Opinions

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
That Kony 2012 stuff? Disregard most of the Kony argument for a second, but that's where it came up. But I overheard people saying we can't exactly invade because Kony has child soldiers with him and we might kill one. Now hang on a second...

We really can't attack an army because it has child soldiers? Doesn't that just tell every warlord out there to gather the kids and give them AK's because we're to afraid to shoot a kid? If it has a gun and wants to shoot at us, we should return the favour. I'm all in favour of killing enemy child soldiers.

*flame shield up*

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Call of Duty is a good franchise, and Activision is the best company out there. They should partner up with EA and make Call Of Battlefield.

*Starts running for life*

No but in all seriousness, all I can really think of right now is within the gaming area. An unpopular opinion from that would be.. I don't like Mario. In the slightest. I've tried it, and I have never liked a single game. I don't know why, it just doesn't fit well with me.

Dr. Whorrible

Apr 14, 2012
hulksmashley said:
I realize these are responses to things posted pages ago on this thread, but I was busy taking a 9 hour long engineering licensing exam yesterday and was to exhausted to respond. (A side note that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I just really really want to say it: FUCK YEAH THAT STUPID EXAM IS OVER WITH!!!!!!!!)
That exam was fucking horrible. I took the FE exam yesterday to. What discipline did you take in the afternoon?
Sorry to go off topic.

eevangoh

Sep 4, 2011
TomLikesGuitar said:
I don't think homosexuality is genetic whatsoever. I think it's a lame excuse that the LGBTQ community uses to force acceptance. I don't think it matters one bit if it is or isn't genetic, and they should be accepted anyway, but I think humans are genetically built hetero, and that environmental factors make one a homosexual.

Considering there is no accepted proof of it being genetic so far, it's actually very possible that I'm 100% right.
THIS.

Though to be completely honest, there is a very slight percentage of "genetical" male homosexuals (less than 1%). Genetical lesbians aren't a thing, though.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Phasmal said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
I am a woman (To some that's not exactly correct) as a transgendered person with papers that have a F on them (Not an M), i should be treated as such. I couldn't give an F what my genes say. People who get hung up on genetics saying exactly what we are have a narrow-minded, tunnel-vision view of the world.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's like some people would rather bite off their own tongue than use a different pronoun than the one you are assigned to by your genes. It doesn't hurt them in any way, so I dont see why they get all bent out of shape about it.
Well some people don't think that just because a person has cosmetic surgery that it changes their sex and thus shouldn't be forced to change how they talk.
I'm not saying there are no reaons behind that thinking. I'm saying I think it is silly.
And a bit, you know, harsh. I mean, if you had a trans coworker and insisted on calling them by their genetic gender, it would probably upset them. And there's no need for it.
But obviously, people's opinions are their own.

Feb 28, 2008
I think all drugs should be legalised.

I think most of the problems with this world are caused by people being too damn lazy during some or most of their lives. If everyone worked hard all the time then shit would get done.

I don't think democracy is always the best form of government / way of running things.

National governments should not have the power to declare war on other countries.

Most problems with children are caused by their parents; same for dogs that are dangerous.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Melanie McGreevey said:
Relish in Chaos said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
I HATE the star wars prequels, and the transformers movies. They are terrible.
I don't think those are unpopular opinions. Most Star Wars fans seem to hate the prequels with a passion (see MovieBob's The Phantom Menace review), and it's generally agreed upon that the Transformers films were terrible.
seems like they are among the younger crowd.
Ah, OK.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Matthew94 said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
Matthew94 said:
Phasmal said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
I am a woman (To some that's not exactly correct) as a transgendered person with papers that have a F on them (Not an M), i should be treated as such. I couldn't give an F what my genes say. People who get hung up on genetics saying exactly what we are have a narrow-minded, tunnel-vision view of the world.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's like some people would rather bite off their own tongue than use a different pronoun than the one you are assigned to by your genes. It doesn't hurt them in any way, so I dont see why they get all bent out of shape about it.
Well some people think that just because a person has cosmetic surgery, it doesn't change their sex and thus shouldn't be forced to change how they talk.
cosmetic surgery?! o WISH that's all there was to being trans. LMAO ignorance is bliss.
I know there is more to it than that but the surgery is what the average person refers to.

I am aware it is a long, long process.
Yeah, it includes hormones, etc. And your genitalia doesn't necessarily determine your gender.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Melanie McGreevey said:
Relish in Chaos said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
Relish in Chaos said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
I HATE the star wars prequels, and the transformers movies. They are terrible.
I don't think those are unpopular opinions. Most Star Wars fans seem to hate the prequels with a passion (see MovieBob's The Phantom Menace review), and it's generally agreed upon that the Transformers films were terrible.
seems like they are among the younger crowd.
Ah, OK.
ya that wasn't meant to be some stupid blanket statement, i mean my nephew who just turned 18 LOVES the transformers movies and the prequels
Huh, fair enough. I don't know much about what the younger crowd like. When I was 14, I was dragged along to my best friend's 14th birthday to watch Alvin & The Chipmunks 2, and the entire time I was thinking, "How the fuck can anyone actually watch this shit?"

Rikomag132

Dec 26, 2011
Launcelot111 said:
Rikomag132 said:
DarkRyter said:
Rikomag132 said:
It may be extreme, but I agree. Earth is ridiculously overpopulated by humans, and it is really taxing on it's resources. Global warming would also be easier to counteract, seeing as we wouldn't have as many people driving around in cars, and not as many people using power (as in electricity). If there aren't as many people to supply with power we might just be able to survive on renewable energy (I may have used the wrong word, if so, solar power, wind and such), which would lower pollution A LOT.

OT: 1st world countries are assholes. 1st world countries are the main reason for global warming.

Notice how the first world countries are the ones who produce the most Co2. Also notice how almost all of the huge Co2 producers are located North of Equator. Guess where the global warming has the highest effect. That's right, south of Equator. We make the shit, the others have to deal with it's effect (for now).
How in balls name is China NOT red as a cherry?
Because China doesn't have a very large Co2 emission. In 2011 it only had 5,3 metric tons.
I respond with this chart I pulled off Wikipedia

According to their numbers (from 2008), at about 7 million metric tons, China had the most CO2 emissions, beating the US by about 1.5 million metric tons. China's growing industrial base puts out tons of pollution, and the only reason I can think of for why China would be so low on your chart is if it was done with per capita numbers and China's massive population drove their figure down.
Yeah, it's per capita, it even says so on the bottom on the picture.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Matthew94 said:
Then why change it? Or maybe it does contribute to it.

This is where my original post came from. They change what they can (appearance, hormones etc) and then belittle people who say sex is determined by genetics ie the thing they can't change. Instead of engaging in rational debate many just resort to cries of bigotry and saying "it doesn't matter".

Well if genetics doesn't matter then why do any of the characteristics (hormones, genitals etc) matter?
Not all of them change it, but numerous transgender people are physically disgusted with their genitalia, something which they have to look down and see every single day. Also, obviously, sexual intercourse.

But perhaps someone better informed on the subject or an actual transgender person themself can tell you more about it.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
Jack the Potato said:
I hate the gay community. All of it. Absolutely, unapologetically hate it. Why, you ask?

THEY STOLE GOD-DAMNED RAINBOWS. ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOLES!!!
This made me laugh. And it's a valid point, to boot :D

Anyway:

I think that our efforts to create a safe environment for ourselves to live in have resulted in a stupider population overall because it's now less likely for stupidity to get a person killed.

I am skeptical of our ability to stop global warming, but that does not reduce my insistence that we stop using fossil fuels. We're running out of them either way, after all.

I think there should be an IQ test designed by the federal government, available to all, and that a person who chooses to take it and achieves a high score should have the weight of their vote increased.

I think politics is a farce (see: candidates spending their debates disputing facts)

I think religion will mostly die out within the next 100 years, and that the world will be a better place as a result.

I think marriage will mostly die out within the next 150 years, mainly because of the above.

I believe that "common sense" is an oxymoron, and I know that "gospel truth" is.

I believe that film is a very poor storytelling medium, mainly because films are short.

And finally...

I dislike every FPS game I've ever played, including the original Halo. Note that Portal and Metroid Prime are not FPS's.