Unpopular Opinions

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Prepare to flame me, but here are my opinions:

I believe anyone who is mentally retarded (Brain dead, people with downs syndrome, fundamentalists) should be put down, not because of there disability but because unless they become the next Albert Einstein, they contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time and money both for our education system and the people who take care of them. Except for autism, I have autism and can complete in 5 hours what takes people 5 days. The human race needs this trait

I am against the death penalty: I believe instead that death row prisoners should be given life sentences and EXPERIMENTED on. Since they are not leaving anyway, imagine how many diseases and disabilities we can cure with experimentation. You are probably thinking "Dude that's inhumane." or "They have rights too!", No they don't: They forfeited those rights the instant they committed the life sentence crime.

I believe anyone who willfully denies scientific evidence and logic in favor of religion should be exported to some far off prisoner colony. I have my own beliefs of an afterlife, but the difference between me and religious people is I keep my beliefs to MYSELF.

I believe that there should be a law restricting the stupid and religious from reproducing. Society and the human race in general have no need for the willfully ignorant and the stupid.

Go ahead, hit me with your best shot

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
hulksmashley said:
*Dresses in a fire fighter's suit, and puts up flame shield.*

My unpopular opinion is that I believe atheists are just as close minded as the christians they claim to hate. Really? You only believe in something you can logically prove? You don't think there is anything in the entire universe that might be beyond your comprehension? You are so smart you can understand everything that has ever been?

Really?

They try to be logical, but it comes off as arrogance to me.

Another unpopular opinion, is that science and religion don't conflict. They are fundamentally different, and are answering fundamentally different questions. Science is answering the "How?" Religion is answering the "Who?" and the "Why?" questions. I don't see why people have a problem with it.

*Hides in corner and hopes for no responses with mean curse words in them.*
There are alot of asshole atheists and alot of asshole theists, ive probably called more atheists dicks than theists because while theist propagators come across as condecending with their trying to save me atleast it comes fron the right place (most of the time), reddits atheism page is a fine example of know it all arsehole circle jerking each other.

I think THE defining characteristic of atheism is the ability to say i dont know and be ignorant and have the ability to change your views. Whats the point in saying im sceptical if you are unwilling to turn that inward and critically assess your beliefs and end up being more ignorant and fundamentalist than those damn theists you despise

What happened before or during the big bang? i dont know.

How did life start? I dont know ect

But religion rubs me the wrong way because it makes a virtue out of this ignorance and calls it faith and then exploits people by taking their wealth and forcing them to submit to an authority that shouldn't exist.

Also theism and science dont collide, but scriptures proclaiming knowledge that conflicts definitely do.

OT: I think wage labour is a mechanism designed to keep the poor, poor while increasing the wealth of the rich.

I think Noam Chomsky is a genius and is correct on political matters 99% of the time

Ron Paul sucks, deal with it

I don't hate right libertarians (only controversial to those on the left). Who knows. Archanocapitalism might work, but i can never see it being implemented without it being abused.

If you describe yourself as a democrat or a republican or a conservative or labor ect then you are an idiot.

Scotland should be independent.

Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I believe that there is not a divine law that says lavatory seat must always be down. I believe that if sometimes I have to lift it up it will not kill you to sometimes have to put it back down again.

Try being the only man in a house full of women while holding that opinion and you will see just how unpopular it can be :eek:/ lol

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
I don't think EA are the most evil company in the world, in the grand scale of things they aren't that bad.
I just don't enjoy PC games sitting at a desk is too much like work, and I don't really like strategy or hardcore fps games either so there isn't much I can't just do on console on my massive bean bag of win...

oh and i really liked dragon age 2, never played the first \o/

eevangoh

Sep 4, 2011
Internet atheists are way, way more annoying than Christians. And infinitely more preachy and arrogant. The belief that through simply being atheist you are somehow superior and smarter than all those sheeple-Christians is beyond retarded. The "but christians killed a lot of pplz in the middle ages!!!!11" and "but religion caused 9/11!!1!!" arguments are also retarded, because this is about as true as saying "The Catcher in the Rye leads to celebrity murders". People and their stupid interpretations are at fault, not religion as a concept. And whenever I hear an atheist say they "believe in science", I ask them if they could recite the second law of thermodynamics, or at least explain the theorem of Pythagoras. They usually can't. All this is coming from an atheist, mind you, I just think that the don't-stick-your-beliefs-up-my-throat thing goes both ways.

The military are contract killers for their government, no matter how they justify and rationalize what they do.

All drugs should be legalized, even the hard ones, and their distribution should be controlled by the government. It wouldn't affect the amount of the addicted in any significant way. The amount of OD's, however, would go down significantly due to the government making sure only the clean product is distributed. Also, the organized crime loses a whole venue of income, and thus no more shit like Pablo Escobar's reign of terror or Mexican cartel wars. The key thing is strict governmental control of quality and so forth so as to avoid unnecessary health risks. Drug contraband, of course, must be made absolutely impossible. But, naturally, the first country to implement all this gets to see their parliament building burned down on the first day all this takes effect, because most people are stupid and retrograde.

eevangoh

Sep 4, 2011
Melanie McGreevey said:
Pot should be legal.

I HATE the star wars prequels, and the transformers movies. They are terrible.
Whoa, slow down there, bro, I've never seen an opinion more unpopular than these two.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
You cannot under any circumstances forfeit your rights, they are not able to be taken away regardless of what you have done.

Just because you contribute nothing does not make you a bad person.

I am undecided on my opinion of the death penalty however if it is enacted it must be a utility meant to protect people from dangerous individuals re-offending, not a form of punishment. In fact all laws and imprisonments must exist to protect the public, not punish criminals. Prisons should be more about rehabilitation, not persecution.

There is no such thing as being too far gone.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Rikomag132 said:
DarkRyter said:
Rikomag132 said:
It may be extreme, but I agree. Earth is ridiculously overpopulated by humans, and it is really taxing on it's resources. Global warming would also be easier to counteract, seeing as we wouldn't have as many people driving around in cars, and not as many people using power (as in electricity). If there aren't as many people to supply with power we might just be able to survive on renewable energy (I may have used the wrong word, if so, solar power, wind and such), which would lower pollution A LOT.

OT: 1st world countries are assholes. 1st world countries are the main reason for global warming.

Notice how the first world countries are the ones who produce the most Co2. Also notice how almost all of the huge Co2 producers are located North of Equator. Guess where the global warming has the highest effect. That's right, south of Equator. We make the shit, the others have to deal with it's effect (for now).
How in balls name is China NOT red as a cherry?
Because China doesn't have a very large Co2 emission. In 2011 it only had 5,3 metric tons.
I respond with this chart I pulled off Wikipedia

According to their numbers (from 2008), at about 7 million metric tons, China had the most CO2 emissions, beating the US by about 1.5 million metric tons. China's growing industrial base puts out tons of pollution, and the only reason I can think of for why China would be so low on your chart is if it was done with per capita numbers and China's massive population drove their figure down.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
First: All ideologues (whether political, religious, or what have you) are idiots who do not engage in legitimate critical analysis of their own beliefs and as such cannot contribute anything meaningful to a discussion on a relevant topic. As such, they should be instantly ignored by everyone else. This means much of the Republican party should probably just be ignored. Many Democrats probably are guilty of this too, but my big qualm with the Democrats is that they're not as cohesive of a party as the Republicans and can't get shit done much of the time.

Next: all people who try ti justify opposition to gay rights or gays in general are stuck in a backwards, outdated, irrelevant, ignorant, bigoted mindset and have no place espousing their beliefs in public. Such thinking--"this group of people is different, so we can fuck with their rights"--should have been left behind long, long ago. Preferably sometime around the dawn of humanity.

Next: Canada is not real.

Next: Richard Dawkins and his ilk are ignorant, belligerent, close-minded morons who don't know that much about the religions they claim to oppose so intensely. Their stance of "oppose religion everywhere" and "religion is the root of all evil" and whatnot is the exact same rhetoric used against atheists by many more religious people/groups. Further, their refusal to accept and extreme condescension towards anything religiuos indicates that they don't actually want to engage in any sort of discussion, they don't want to talk about anything of real substance, they just want to take their biases and force them on the rest of the population while seeming "holier-than-thou" and wiser than the rest of the population just because they don't think God is real or that religion is a good thing. Fuckheads. (Yes, I realize I'm being condescending and coming off as offhandedly dismissing here, but I don't care to type out my response to this accusation).

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Melanie McGreevey said:
I HATE the star wars prequels, and the transformers movies. They are terrible.
I don't think those are unpopular opinions. Most Star Wars fans seem to hate the prequels with a passion (see MovieBob's The Phantom Menace review), and it's generally agreed upon that the Transformers films were terrible.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
I don't think homosexuality is genetic whatsoever. I think it's a lame excuse that the LGBTQ community uses to force acceptance. I don't think it matters one bit if it is or isn't genetic, and they should be accepted anyway, but I think humans are genetically built hetero, and that environmental factors make one a homosexual.

Considering there is no accepted proof of it being genetic so far, it's actually very possible that I'm 100% right.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
eevangoh said:
Internet atheists are way, way more annoying than Christians. And infinitely more preachy and arrogant. The belief that through simply being atheist you are somehow superior and smarter than all those sheeple-Christians is beyond retarded. The "but christians killed a lot of pplz in the middle ages!!!!11" and "but religion caused 9/11!!1!!" arguments are also retarded, because this is about as true as saying "The Catcher in the Rye leads to celebrity murders". People and their stupid interpretations are at fault, not religion as a concept. And whenever I hear an atheist say they "believe in science", I ask them if they could recite the second law of thermodynamics, or at least explain the theorem of Pythagoras. They usually can't. All this is coming from an atheist, mind you, I just think that the don't-stick-your-beliefs-up-my-throat thing goes both ways.
While I do agree that many internet Atheists are fucking insufferable, I don't think it's quite true to say they're all worse than internet Christians. This place [http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteArchives.aspx?Archive=1] is a good example (there are some nasty atheist quotes on there too, though).

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I think that universal healthcare is a good idea.
I think that the price of college in the U.S is too high.
The popularity of these statements depend on where you live. If my country decided to copy America's health-care and education system, its entire population would explode in pure rage.

Naeo said:
Canada is not real.
What?

Evil Teddie

Feb 7, 2011
Naeo said:
Next: Richard Dawkins and his ilk are ignorant, belligerent, close-minded morons who don't know that much about the religions they claim to oppose so intensely. Their stance of "oppose religion everywhere" and "religion is the root of all evil" and whatnot is the exact same rhetoric used against atheists by many more religious people/groups. Further, their refusal to accept and extreme condescension towards anything religiuos indicates that they don't actually want to engage in any sort of discussion, they don't want to talk about anything of real substance, they just want to take their biases and force them on the rest of the population while seeming "holier-than-thou" and wiser than the rest of the population just because they don't think God is real or that religion is a good thing. Fuckheads. (Yes, I realize I'm being condescending and coming off as offhandedly dismissing here, but I don't care to type out my response to this accusation).
Amen.

Okay, here I go:

Euthanasia should be only used in exterme cases, you only get one life.

There are a lot of things that we don't know with science and what we have is out Best Guess thing, we have come a long way but there's still a way to go to the truth.

People should get out of organised religion and find God themselves that listen to a priest read out words.

Marijuana should be legalised, but not the 'street' versions that have been alterated. Marijuana from the plant.

Israel should get out of Palestine and be transported to Mars where they won't bother people.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Melanie McGreevey said:
I am a woman (To some that's not exactly correct) as a transgendered person with papers that have a F on them (Not an M), i should be treated as such. I couldn't give an F what my genes say. People who get hung up on genetics saying exactly what we are have a narrow-minded, tunnel-vision view of the world.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's like some people would rather bite off their own tongue than use a different pronoun than the one you are assigned to by your genes. It doesn't hurt them in any way, so I dont see why they get all bent out of shape about it.
Melanie McGreevey said:
All three x men movies were terrible, with 1 being the least terrible. First class was great!
I kinda liked the first two X-men movies, but I agree on First Class! Magneto and Proffessor X had a serious bromance going on in that film. <3

OT: I'm a feminist. Thats a pretty flipping unpopular opinion to have on this site.