Unskippable: Ace Combat 6

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
This is an absolutely wonderful video. The humor was spot on; I laughed at almost every line.

The cutscene is indeed terrible -- such drawn-out back story and a completely pointless narrative. Since when did a game about flying and shooting need an in-depth, emotional story to back it up? Just another example of developers trying to emulate film.

Great cannon fodder for Unskippable. You guys ripped this one up.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
I'm sorta surprised the point of it being Emmeria against the evil Stroviet Union ('Estrovakians' is shortened in-game to 'Strovies') didn't come up. Ace Combat's bad for that kind of thing: 4 even went all the way and was the Japanese nationalist masturbation fantasy of brave Japan...um, I mean 'North Point' vanquishing the evil 'Eruseans' who aren't Russians at all.

At least it wasn't quite as obvious as look-we-moved-one-letter nation 'Sapin' from Zero, mind.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Ace Combat 6 is an amazing game. Though I'm a bit confused, the cut scenes are skippable, and that was actually at least 3-4 of the game's cut scenes put together after a few missions. I though Unskippable only does the intro, not 3-4 of the scenes together as one. They're running out of games to make fun of, eh?

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
That sets new lows for the most flatulent cinematic ever.

No wait, I take that back. Nothing can take that title away from Eternal Sonata.

SandroTheMaster

Apr 2, 2009
This surely isn't said enough: You guys are awesome. The MST3000 scheme is terrific for games. You however, dare I say, are better than MST3000.

Why don't you make an Metal Gear Solid (any of them) Unskippable? Oh, yeah... you need to keep it shorter than an hour length.

Either way, you could do Kingdom Hearts. My brother just decided to play it again and we both found very aggravating to go through all that intro again...

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
honestly, the ads that used to play after ZP for this show didn't do it justice. this show is damn funny.

i liked the nine inch nails reference, that surprised me. everything from that radio was gold.

and why is it so hard for writers to come up with believable names? ammeria? really?!

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
It might have been said already but I just noticed the Day of the Triffids reference.
And Estovakia is obviously Estonia and Czechoslokia even though they don't share a border.
But what is Emmeria supposed to be?

Edit: Ninjad

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
And Estovakia is obviously Estonia and Czechoslokia even though they don't share a border.
But what is Emmeria supposed to be?
Stroviet Union
Emmerica

Clearer?

in_95

Jul 2, 2008
Why is the intro so utterly reta-stupid?

There was really no need for the comments, the thing was one huge cringefest. Not that I'm unapreciative of snideness.

It's just instead of this deplorable intro they could have spent the money on- orphans. Or a new recycling plant. A couple of extra levels. Told the people working on it to take some time off and see their families. Anything.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
Wow. That cutscene tried to be so dramatoc and depressing, that the end result is actually funny.
"And I will walk 500 miles and I will walk 500 more."
"I'm too exhausted to tell these people that we've been walking in circles for 8 hours."
"Final Three lines."

The puppy thing made me laugh violetly for some reason.

Xelanath

Jan 24, 2009
Wraithfighter said:
Heh, great video as always, but when are you guys gonna stop reviewing old JRPG's and get to some newer games in a more actiony genre?
Where's this RPG?

Cucumber

Dec 9, 2008
Melancholy_Ocelot said:
Her husband should have done a barrel roll.
Wow, This one would really fit well into the movie itself.

Another nice Unskippable, I still enjoy these :D