Unskippable: Atelier Meruru, Part One

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Atelier Meruru, Part One

One of the most elaborate and expensive jokes comes to Unskippable.

Watch Video

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I'm not sure if I think 'Meruru' is any more ridiculous than 'Rorona' or 'Totori'.

They're all pretty ridiculous.

At least it's easier to pronounce than Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel. Now, I'm not passing judgement on either series because I haven't played any of them and they could be excellent for all I know, but even for JRPGs they've got ridiculous names.

Also, fun fact, Ar Tonelico and Atelier are all made by the same developer. Fancy that.

Phoenix8541

No Regrets
Sep 10, 2012
I love the commentary!! reminds me of Mystery Science Theatre 3000! Keep up the wonderful heckling and infused sarcasm.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Wait!! Maybe they didn't tell us what Totori saw because it was sooo evil, she left it there so it couldn't destroy the world. She never told anyone what she saw so no one would seek it out. But the kingdom is attacked and Totori knows this evil could help. And maybe she will tell her apprentice Meruru about it. And Meruru will go off to find it to save her kingdom. But she must decide whether the cost of releasing the evil powers of alchemy are worth it to save her kingdom. Fingers crossed.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
So... the recap of the first two games utterly failed to make either story seem remotely interesting or relevant... I'm guessing we're going to see the pattern continue next week.

BlueJoneleth

Feb 8, 2011
I'm strangely liking those games. The plot is terrible inexistant, but the game itself is kind of addictive. :p

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
SO MUCH PINK!......

Yet they still thought this game still didn't meet its intended demographic. MOAR PRINCESSES!

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
BlueJoneleth said:
I'm strangely liking those games. The plot is terrible inexistant, but the game itself is kind of addictive. :p
Well at least the first game had an ending...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I strangely remember bits of the previous Unskippable game relating to this one! I guess that sillyness of the last game left a mark in my mind somewhere.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"Rorona"? "Meruru"? Did they hand the naming duties in this game off to Scooby-Doo?

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
"it's the best game about property foreclosure I have ever played"

Someone hasn't played "Recettear: an item shop's tale" (what is it with property foreclosure and stupid names). Seriously it's a great game ^^.

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
It would be easier to pronounce her as "Melooloo" than "Merooroo"

Unless your good at rolling your tongue. =P

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
My response to seeing a new Atelier game on the Unskippable page: "Aw hell yeah!"

The art style of the recap was actually kind of nice (that silhouette/shadow puppet style shows up a fair bit in anime, like in Revolutionary Girl Utena). The content, on the other hand, was...lacking. What was the point of recapping the second game without giving any of the plot resolution? (Other than getting people to buy it, I guess.)

Who's betting that Part 2 features a shy, clumsy girl in a short skirt having awkward conversations with people and messing something up?