Unskippable: Atelier Meruru, Part One

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
How could they say this is the best game about property foreclosure? That title obviously goes to Recettear!

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
As crappy as the storylines are in these games I still like the Atelier series, it has some of the funnest gameplay of the turn based RPG genre, if they ever bothered to get a semi-capable writer these games would be perfect.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Previously on Atelier:
Rorona saves her workshop and Tortori becomes and adventurer. And now (hopefully) the conclusion.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Obviously Graham & Paul, Everything's better with princesses [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EverythingsBetterWithPrincesses]

I see several people beat me to the Recettear punch. Speaking of, you guys should do that opening cutscene. I'm sure you could make it hilarious. :)

Oh, silly JRPGs and their silly tropes. So inherently make-fun-of-able. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see that "Part One" at the end of a video!

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
I always love the Atelier intros. Not of the games (which I have never played) but the intros for reasons I cannot fathom are very entertaining to watch.
I guess its because the voice work is so cutsie/adorable and the dialogue itself is too "kind hearted".

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
swimon said:
"it's the best game about property foreclosure I have ever played"

Someone hasn't played "Recettear: an item shop's tale" (what is it with property foreclosure and stupid names). Seriously it's a great game ^^.
Ah, ninja'd.

Seriously, though, play some Recettear.

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
Oh god, you're right about the "bureaucrat theme". I've heard that song a hundred times before, and usually when there was a fat, bumbling emissary/councilor/courtier on screen.