Unskippable: Epic Mickey

T-Dogg

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah, the ears are SUPPOSED to be like that - always facing the camera. It's been a rule in drawing Mickey Mouse for AGES. It's never really been a problem - until 3D-rendering came along. New mediums often come with great advantages, but surprising challenges such as this.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Jbird said:
Man, Paul looks so yellow. Is he sick, or something? And he should get his eyes checked out, too. They're all black and...soulless.
What are you talking about. Those are totally what Paul's eyes look like.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Great job, guys, loved the jokes about replacing series, Nicholas Cage as the Sorcerer, and the impressionble Mickey.

I'm still pretty much looking forward to this game, though.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
Great episode. It's also weird hearing the guy who does the voice of Count Dooku in the Clone Wars as that Sorcerer Guy, very freaky.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
so the bright idea here is to make a dark story for mickey to be in...totally reinventing the disney series and creating something totally new. I mean, throwing black goo all over the world as corruption from the evil god Ahriman, and now a young prince is dragged into the story to heal/cleanse the land is-oh wait that's another game lol

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I'd actually play Epic Mickey if I had a Wii. Although it seems that the cinematic could also be a prequel for Kingdom Hearts, lol.

I hate I missed the "Let's Play" but I'll be able to see the re recording of it eventually.

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
Mickey reading Silence of the Lambs would truly be epic. Epically horrendous and emotionally scaring.

[/useless comment]

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Yeah, I had to look at Mickey's ears the whole time, too. It's funny, in the old days, because you couldn't fake volume of clouds or fire or something, you always had static 2D images of those things that always faced the camera, but it was abolished when graphics became more realistic. Quite the comeback.

Ericb

Sep 26, 2006
Marik Bentusi said:
(...) because you couldn't fake volume of clouds or fire or something, you always had static 2D images of those things that always faced the camera(...)
That would only be impossible for a untrained/untalented painter/animator, savvy/get it?.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
You miss one Unskippable. Just one and then you find out they did a Let's Play on the same day?!?

Oh Gods why hast thou forsaken me?

(On topic though good review. Especially the lack of new furniture)

V Gray

Feb 13, 2010
they've been doing that ear thing for years, I think it's because those ears are iconic, and if he turns his head to the side it looks like a film projector. Or it could be that walt Disney couldn't draw them any other way and they just continued it. the only time I've seen his ears not fixed on a 2 dimensional plane, was in Kingdom hearts.