Unskippable: Fable 3

MoosePasteInventor

Dec 6, 2010
Someone should mod this game so that the two choices of suits are, instead of elegant vs practical, butt-flap pj's vs chicken suit. Actually, no, scratch that. Someone should remake the game so that instead of good vs evil its butt-flap pj's vs chicken suit. Instead of "good" or "evil" choices there would be "butt-flap pj's" or "chicken suit" choices. And depending on what outfit you choose you get starkly contrasting powers. And all the seemingly big choices won't matter and all the seemingly inconsequential choices will have a huge influence on the butt-flap pj's/chicken suit-o-meter. Or something. Someone should get on this. Anyone who wants to collaborate, contact me through here (escapist). I've been trying to figure out where to go next in my life, and this seems as good a direction as any. Seriously. I'd be willing to do this, but I can't do it alone. This is not a joke. This would be awesome. BioCluck WILL BE A REALITY!

EDIT: Seriously. This should happen. Everyone on the comments is crying fowl (rimshot) about this, it's too good an opportunity to pass up.

old account

Jul 11, 2009
Dear Graham, Paul, Fellow Escapist's,

On behalf of all chickens, let me say that I was purely offended by our outburst during the review of Fable 3. Claiming that we do not have aspirations merely because we are partially flightless birds hurts not only me, but the rest of the current surviving chickens of today, and the chickens of tomorrow. We hope one day to live a life, in an age where we can be free amongst humans as pets and not as meals, because of our adorable feathers and not for our delicious meat that when slow cooked and layered with eleven herbs and spices would make a perfect meal for the entire family.

((Sorry I just had to))

This was one of the best Unskippable's yet! Love the work guys!

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
The analogy with the chicken kinda loses its importance once you find out the main characters if a freaking prince.

Peter Molyneux's "Forest Gump" = Excellent description!

Also, I think you should be able to choose to have a pet chicken instead of another forced and annoying dog. At least in Fable II it wasn't also your "sleeping companion..."
Ewwwwwwwww....

Great vid, but it reminds me of how pathetic it is that your first big choice in the world is changing out of the most absurd pajamas so you can impress your other companion [sub]and decide the fate of Albion[/sub].

I think choosing whether or not you get to second base with your lady friend or the dog should be the very first decision you can make.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Jbird said:
Kegsen said:
Chicken!?! Nooooooo!
My words exactly upon watching this when I played the game. I devoted the rest of the game to that brave, brave chicken.
Every time I see your avatar, I'm reminded of the Medic in Team Fortress 2.

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
I like how from the beginning of the Fable franchise Peter Molyneux has wanted us to feel for the characters more and he managed to succeed with the chicken cutscene and every character after the chicken I wanted to see die in a fire.
Seriously I rooted for the chicken and when he died I cried a little, but every character after that I had no emotional connection to. I guess what I'm really poorly trying to get across is Lionhead should make a game where you play as a chicken.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Why would they kill the chicken after devoting so much time to it? It was just enough time to love!

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Yeah, I totally thought that chicken would be a main character in the game when I first watched that trailer. Then it died. I was totally rooting for that chicken.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
BX3 said:
I shall dedicate my first post to asking the following.

What the hell was wrong with that cook? Surely he had better things to do with his time than to relentlessly pursue a chicken with a gun. Did a chicken kill his family or something?
In a kingdom ruled by fear, failing at your job ie letting a chicken escape could mean lashings or death.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
Because I feel a need to continue comments on a chicken... here it is.

"No! Clucky! His was the finest mind in all of Albion!"

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Aethren said:
Jbird said:
Kegsen said:
Chicken!?! Nooooooo!
My words exactly upon watching this when I played the game. I devoted the rest of the game to that brave, brave chicken.
Every time I see your avatar, I'm reminded of the Medic in Team Fortress 2.
Oddly enough, back when I had a beard, people would say I looked like Gordan Freeman.