Unskippable: Fable 3

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
OZITOMAI said:
this video just made me laugh so hard, this one reminds me alot of your old vids, i strongly suggest that you watch your older videos though, cause your recent ones arent the same as in not as good
I'm afraid I kinda have to agree here... I'm not sure if you're perhaps busier with other projects (spending less time on each Unskippable?) but it seems as if the quality of these has been slowly degrading. I'm not sure of the process that's gone through to make these, but if I had to guess I would think that you used to come up with a lot more material per episode and had the luxury of more brutal editing to keep it tighter and more dense comdey-wise. It has been so gradual though that it's hard to pinpoint a starting point but it's been quite a while now since I've laughed more than once in an Unskippable.

People are going to hate me, but maybe a biweekly setup might be better? You know, the whole quality over quantity sort of thing? Of course I could be the odd man out I suppose but I'm willing to bet that most people agree there has been at least SOME noticeable drop in quality over the run of the series.

Regardless, I'm still a big fan of the series (and coworkers can attest that I do quote some things fairly often) so keep it up! Just don't stretch yourselves too thin alright guys?

Splunge

Cautiously Optimistic
May 4, 2009
Would Action Chicken DLC count as fowl play?
Also, if you really want to play a large RPG as a chicken, you can try the Chicken Quests in Lord of the Rings Online. Takes you all over the free (and not so free) regions of Middle Earth as a level 1 chicken. A mosquito could kill you with a glance. On the plus side, you meet bored foxes, cows stuck on rooftops, and even red squirrels bent on world domination (after dealing with those stuck-up grey squirrels, of course).

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:
se7ensenses said:
I never noticed the L & R on the flag b4 lol Best. Fowl. Ever. Indeed!
I'm not sure if Graham and Paul already knew it, but the LR most likely stands for "Logan Rex"

Rex is Latin for king, so basically it would mean "Logan the King"

In England you'll see the initials ER (and previously GR) on our Royal Mail post boxes and other places. It stands for "Elizabeth Regina" Which is latin for "Elizabeth the Queen."

Enjoy your useless trivia, fact fans!
I'd actually always wondered what those letters meant. Thank you!

OT: That was my reaction too when they shot the chicken. :(

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
this intro needs more Russel

isnt that chicken seen escaping the kitchen durring the game it didnt die :)

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
That was the most ridiculous cutscene ever. And that saying something compared to your previous unskippables.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
First time I saw this, I was devastated.

Very clever, Lionhead... Veerrrry clever.

I was also incredibly happy to see it alive and re-escaping later on.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I was kinda hoping it was the player character, with a spell cast on them. Or at least an important side character. That would have been cool.

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
....nooooo.

Chicken. ;o;

Props to the cutscene for a well-pulled Kick The Dog moment. Or is it Shoot the Chicken moment? Oh well.

fangsandflames3133

Mar 9, 2011
This one just makes me ask why.....
Why does the teapot have a giant hole in the bottom?
Why does the prince sleep in slippers? (Or boots, or socks, or whatever the hell those are.)
Why does the prince's pajama top have buttons on the front and the back?

This is what I get for paying too much attention....or expecting too much logic in design. Or maybe I'm just crazy....

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Did anyone, who got past the ultimate decision maker of clothing, notice that same black chicken wandering out of the kitchen as you head in with Elise/Elliot?

That said, this made waiting on hold on the phone much more awesome! Stupid choices! There's already stuff I kinda need to change..

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Grahav said:
The chef didn't even carried the chicken back to eat it. Clearly a hate crime.
Actually, yes he did.. It's in his other hand! Hence why the blackened chicken escapes again during gameplay.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
You mean Fable 3 isn't the greatest Chicken game in the history of everything? Boooo!

[sub]Heh, L and R....[/sub]

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
Awwwwh... Chickens have always been some of my favourite farmyard animals -- contrary to popular belief, they're quite intelligent and badass birds.

Ayjona

Jul 14, 2008
Metalhandkerchief said:
I don't think there's a hope for you then, but I'm compelled to try.

1. Take bad game's cutscene and do sarcastic scripted voice over on it
2. Put it on the internet
3. ???
4. Art.
A good thing hope is as subjective as individual definitions of "humour" (and "sarcastic", apparently) :)

I did take a liking to point 3 on your list, "???". It does more to illuminate Unskippable than my original query ;-)

Mintywolf

Aug 11, 2009
The first time I saw this cutscene I was absolutely devastated by the death of the chicken but on my second playthough I noticed that (as MattAn24 mentions above) it survives! Which can only mean one thing.

IT IS A HERO CHICKEN!

And, we can all hope, the protagonist of Fable 4 because seriously that chicken was one of the most likeable characters in the game.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
-I was hoping we were gonna get to play as the chicken!
-Not really sure how that would work, but...

But it would have been AWESOME!
:)