Unskippable: Front Mission Evolved

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
gamegod25 said:
Spot1990 said:
Wanzer comes from contracting "wanderpanzer" -> wanderpanzers -> wanzers.

Walking tank would be a problem. walking tank -> walking tank - > wank.
And I guess that would have made the pilots wankers then XD

Wanzer...Twozer...Threezer...Fourzer :p
Dylan would then be wanking off in his wank. ;)

And better hope none of those space elevator cables get cut or sabotaged. I do not even want to think what devastation one of those things falling out of the sky would be... Humans squishy!

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
gamegod25 said:
Spot1990 said:
Wanzer comes from contracting "wanderpanzer" -> wanderpanzers -> wanzers.

Walking tank would be a problem. walking tank -> walking tank - > wank.
And I guess that would have made the pilots wankers then XD

Wanzer...Twozer...Threezer...Fourzer :p
Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre are at the Doorzers.

OT: I wish I had a humor chip installed in my electronics. It would make everyday life a little less boring. Also, "Escape!" had me LOLing hard.

Mad Hamish

Mar 14, 2011
timeadept said:
Still not much of an excuse, you don't have to have it's name reference the panzer. Or you could try something like Bi-Panzer...? as in bipedal panzer. Yeah it's a bit akward but at least it doesn't sound ridiculous.

You could also try the star wars rout of AT-P All Terrain Panzer (AT-AT = All terrain Armored Transport for thous starwars fans who aren't complete nerds :p)
But then people would get confused and think the game was about adenosine triphosphate.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
Tell me "wanzer" is German or something. Please.

"The Nsrl."

Hey, I think use that shampoo!

Ezechiehl

Sep 22, 2009
I really miss the old callback jokes you guys used to do. "X time I died", Vincent and the moon, etc. I loved those. Maybe it's just me.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Oh boy, more hard headed lab technician, ditsy valley girl, the HAL9000 wannabe and the really silly names for things. Can't wait.

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
Mad Hamish said:
timeadept said:
Still not much of an excuse, you don't have to have it's name reference the panzer. Or you could try something like Bi-Panzer...? as in bipedal panzer. Yeah it's a bit akward but at least it doesn't sound ridiculous.

You could also try the star wars rout of AT-P All Terrain Panzer (AT-AT = All terrain Armored Transport for thous starwars fans who aren't complete nerds :p)
But then people would get confused and think the game was about adenosine triphosphate.
Ah damn, you're right. Well i'm outa ideas now.

LordVyreth

Jan 22, 2010
Can anyone figure out who the valley girl's voice actress was? It sounds so familiar, and it will drive me nuts if I can't figure it out. It sounds a little like Victoria Jackson, but I really hope it's not that.

Mezzo.

Nov 19, 2009
"It is I, the Wanzerful Wizard of Woz. I have a speech winpediment."

Freakin'. Gold.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I was frankly shocked and appaled that Graham and Paul didn't make fun og that 'Dylan' fellow, since he's the most bro-ski bro who ever bro'd past the brochure.

Hazard12

Jun 17, 2010
I have to say that was a terrible cutscene, even by the almost impossibly low bar already set by those featured on Unskippable. Great job Double Helix!

captaincabbage said:
I was frankly shocked and appaled that Graham and Paul didn't make fun og that 'Dylan' fellow, since he's the most bro-ski bro who ever bro'd past the brochure.
I hadn't noticed this. I then rewatched the video. My life ambition is now to find the closest approximation to Dylan in real life just to punch him in the side of the head.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
A space escalator...

How would that work? Especially at a 45 Degree Angle. you'd have to have support for it (since we obviously dont have hover technology in this game) and jet propulsion would be to costly and pointless. How much of the world would you be covering as you go in your straight line?
And to make matters even worse, you just know that some asshole is gonna stand there in front of you instead of walking up so it'll take like three times as long to get to space.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
"Dillooooooooooooon! Like O-M-G W-T-F R U Doing w/ tha Wanzer?! Sasha is going to be sooooooooo P/O'd when she finds out you went to the Wanzer ball without her, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"BTW, if you're by the warzone later can you pick me up a smoothie? OH!!! Make that a Frozen Frapp! Half soy, half skim, three shots of espresso, the Wanzer schematics, whipped cream - make that half a shot of whipped cream - a dusting of cocoa... and with caramel! Hhhhhhhh!!!! Yum!!!!"

"And a pretzel. I want a pretzel, Dillon, because you so had to gank that Wanzer anyway, gosh!"

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
XMark said:
emeraldrafael said:
A space escalator...

How would that work? Especially at a 45 Degree Angle. you'd have to have support for it (since we obviously dont have hover technology in this game) and jet propulsion would be to costly and pointless. How much of the world would you be covering as you go in your straight line?
And to make matters even worse, you just know that some asshole is gonna stand there in front of you instead of walking up so it'll take like three times as long to get to space.
Isnt that the point of an escalator though?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Hazard12 said:
I have to say that was a terrible cutscene, even by the almost impossibly low bar already set by those featured on Unskippable. Great job Double Helix!
No, I'd say that Zoids one was way worse than this.

SelectivelyEvil13 said:
"Dillooooooooooooon! Like O-M-G W-T-F R U Doing w/ tha Wanzer?! Sasha is going to be sooooooooo P/O'd when she finds out you went to the Wanzer ball without her, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"BTW, if you're by the warzone later can you pick me up a smoothie? OH!!! Make that a Frozen Frapp! Half soy, half skim, three shots of espresso, the Wanzer schematics, whipped cream - make that half a shot of whipped cream - a dusting of cocoa... and with caramel! Hhhhhhhh!!!! Yum!!!!"

"And a pretzel. I want a pretzel, Dillon, because you so had to gank that Wanzer anyway, gosh!"
Ugh, I can't stand girls that talk like that!

sarttan

Apr 5, 2011
Lonely Swordsman said:
Wanzer is a goofy name but it's better than the alternative.
It's an abbreviation for "walking panzers". Imagine if they'd gone with just "walking tanks".
Gentlemen! We give you the "Walts"

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
Classic take on a classic JRPG cutscene. Been a while since I played a Front Mission so its heartening to see the cutscenes haven't improved.

A simple solution to that space escalator space problem: spirals.

sarttan said:
Gentlemen! We give you the "Walts"
Damn, had a Dr. Weird quote on the tip of my tongue there.

Agent Monocle

Aug 10, 2009
As a fan of Front Mission, I got this game as soon as it came out fully knowing that I was diving into a vast sea of feces and peanut butter. After six long hours of muttering to myself that it was just like Armored Core and receiving weird and worried looks from my sister, I finished the game, went to Cold Stone and demanded enough ice cream to give me diabetes.

This video unearthed those sad, bitter memories even then I was laughing with enjoyment then slowly gradually turned into head-between-knees sobbing. Why!? Why, Square!? Release this junk into the US, but not Front Mission 5!?

...Anyways, I think the term, Wanzer, is no more odd of a name than Gundam and other numerous terms Japanese use for walking armored vechicles. It was the same for me, when I first started Front Mission games. It's something to get used to though I think the best term so far I've seen would be "mech."