Unskippable: Homefront

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
maninahat said:
My lord, some of the cheapest tactics to make you hate the enemies possible:
Faceless enemies, sinister lectures, parent murder, eye scanners. utterly ridiculous.
Yeah, pretty much. I had some hope for the concept of this game, but seriously, after seeing that opening cinematic I've lost all interest.

Good episode, though! The batman joke in particular made me smile... :)

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Jam, taco sauce, White Castle... post-invasion US sounds delicious.

You know, considering that they were trying to portray the Koreans as so evil, isn't it strange that the Americans kill just as much Americans in this cutscene?

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
hermes200 said:
Woodsey said:
Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.
Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?
Yeah, what was with leaving the kid alive? "Can't shoot a kid, can ya?"

SnowmanCA

Mar 30, 2010
I realize that Russia, China and generic terrorist gets overused as bad guys in video games but I can't even believe North Korea and South Korea could hope to invade and hold onto all of New York, let alone the entire country. Now we have multiple games implying it being done in the same year, though Crysis 2 is even more far fetched. They would be at a significant disadvantage even if china handled all logistics outside of invasion, especially set in 2013. Maybe if it was set like 50 years in the future would give some time for population, economy or military arsenal to change but 2013 they are getting hammered, most likely by Nukes before a beachhead is cleared since they don't seem to be going out of their way to disguise who they are and that much military hardware can not really be hidden when a country is already being watched.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
llafnwod said:
Wow. At the beginning I actually thought the scene was those DPRK soldiers forcibly enlisting a North Korean guy, and then you'd switch to the view of an American soldier and have to think about how the people you're killing, just like you, don't all want to be there, don't want to kill and don't want to die.

Then I realized it was just some pre-game demonization.
I was thinking the same thing. There goes the one chance at some humanization in this game.

Also, was I the only who kept experiencing deja vu in regards to Iraq and Afghanistan?

Wriggle Wyrm

Jun 15, 2011
...and in the mean time America's occupying or bombing what is it now... 5 maybe 6 different countries? Seriously this is when the Red Dawn bullshit moves from stupid to just plain offensive.

riftermcriftington

Dec 11, 2010
Anyone else notice that the blood spilled on the window seemed to react to the light as if it has splashed onto the inside rather that the exterior. Way to go graphics engine.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
stupid game
they are rounding up and killing people in the streets so why are they chauffeuring 2 people around with a bus?

also that ramming thing was a bit extreme... normally people get killed by that

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
gamegod25 said:
Honestly I think a game/comic about Batman as a freedom fighter in an occupied America would be way more interesting than this.

And I guess they had to make the N. Koreans that blatantly asshole-ish since they couldn't make the main characters even remotely likeable. The black guy was alright I guess but *spoiler alert* he dies before we really get to know him.
"Black guy dies first [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackDudeDiesFirst]" always comes as a total surprise, huh.

anyways: Great episode, and taco sauce for everyone.

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
The final comment during the credits of this episode may very well be the king of all final comments, ever, of any escapist, or any artistic medium, or literature.
Legendary.

And if I would've known that the Guardians of Ga'hoole had all this many guns and evil koreans in it I would've gone to watch that uninviting film.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
There as a lot of Jam used in the making of this game // Also has anyone pointed out that they used the Legend of th. . . of wait they have, nevermind then

Anyone else hungry? I could really go for a burger

-M

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
"Our objective is to shoot all parents, make orphans of their children!"
"What about that lorry being driven by rebel fighters?"
"Yeah, shooting unarmed civilians is a lot easier."

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
MowDownJoe said:
Nashidar said:
hermes200 said:
Woodsey said:
Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.
Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?
No no. Eviler ...would be beating the father to death with the small kid alive ...possibly killing the kid in the process.

But more evil than that was the mental image they've given me. Thanks a bunch. :p
Yeah, seriously... I need Brain Bleach now.
Wait, do you mean the Unskippable guys or the Koreans?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Jam? Taco sauce? Oh come on, what ever happened to good ol' ketchup?

vivster said:
also that ramming thing was a bit extreme... normally people get killed by that
Plus, you gotta wonder how fast that truck had to go to make the bus flip over...

rofl jet said:
Butt guns? You mean like butt cop?
Oh good, I wasn't the only one thinking of "Gunbutt, P.I." from cH - Garagellenium.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
maninahat said:
My lord, some of the cheapest tactics to make you hate the enemies possible:
Faceless enemies, sinister lectures, parent murder, eye scanners. utterly ridiculous.
That and the idea that North Korea could pull off a transpacific invasion of the US. China I could buy, but seriously......NORTH KOREA? I'm already placing bets that if the Korean War ever restarts, half the of the NK Army's vehicles break down within a week(that's not counting the ones that are already blown up by that point). Kind of like in Crysis where the North Koreans suddenly have a modern Navy and Nano-suit tech.

But we can't use China because then they'd get all upset about being portrayed as baby eaters...okay, I can see why they'd be upset about that.