Unskippable Let's Play - Legaia 2

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Thedutchjelle said:
oktalist said:
Thedutchjelle said:
AC10 said:
Why in the hell don't they just record it and post it? I had no idea this was going to happen and unless I'm on the escapist front page every second I wouldn't have caught it in time.
There was an announcement in the Unskippable of this monday that they would do this.
An announcement in the Unskippable that became available at 1700 GMT on Monday, that there would be a live broadcast at 1800 GMT on that very same Monday. That's one hour's notice.

Plus, I couldn't find anywhere where they said what time the second broadcast would be.

I guess they just didn't want too many people tuning in in case it broke the servers.
Huh? I watched the Unskippable quite earlier, I think around 13 local time (GMT+1) or somewhat later.
Still, some people managed to drop in just at the right time (like me, I watched Unskippable half an hour before the Let's Play) while others completely missed the announcement. A seperate announcement would have been better.

jplayer01

Jan 14, 2009
I completely missed it. Some of us just don't have the time or inclination to check Escapist several times a day. If I don't see it the day before or in the morning, I'm probably going to miss it. I assume the video will be uploaded? I certainly hope so, I'd love to see it since so many people are ecstatic about it.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Judas Iscariot said:
Well this was a stupid idea. Having it lag for pretty much everyone and not even recording shit. Fantastic work. -.-;
Besides. Legaia 2 was awesome.
Thanks for making me not feel bad for missing it :p

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
yoyo13rom said:
Judas Iscariot said:
Well this was a stupid idea. Having it lag for pretty much everyone and not even recording shit. Fantastic work. -.-;
Besides. Legaia 2 was awesome.
Thanks for making me not feel bad for missing it :p
1) I think they said they did have a local recording

2) Got no lag here, and i'm in the middle of a rural area.

3) Awesome? Seriously, funny? Hell yes, Awesome? Maybe not.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Darktau said:
1) I think they said they did have a local recording

2) Got no lag here, and i'm in the middle of a rural area.

3) Awesome? Seriously, funny? Hell yes, Awesome? Maybe not.
1) I doubt I found it(I think I'm still trying to stream the not-so-live video)

2) Currently I have internet problems(I moved and I have a temporary crappy provider)

3) Ok, I'll give it a try(I doubt it'll be funny all the way, but I think it'll be entertaining). Although I'm gonna have to wait a few moths till I get me old provider back(I sometimes can't even stream a youtube video!)

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
zala-taichou said:
Still, some people managed to drop in just at the right time (like me, I watched Unskippable half an hour before the Let's Play) while others completely missed the announcement. A seperate announcement would have been better.
That was pretty much exactly my experience as well. I just happened to log in here and decided to watch the new Unskippable where I saw the ad. On top of that, I actually almost missed the ad anyway because I stopped the video once the credit roll started. If I hadn't noticed that there was still a minute and a half in the video, I would have just skipped right over the advertisement. It's a great idea, and it seems like this was something of a thrown together last minute thing, but they really do need to do a better job of getting the word out next time.

Grand_Marquis

Feb 9, 2009
I don't care that I missed it (even with advanced noticed, I'd have been at work at the time), I just want to see it. Let's get this recording up! Or at least a highlights reel..

This happens with Rifftrax live streams too - why do these things always have to be scheduled during working hours for Pacific Timers? :p

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
Was Legaia 2 that bad? I remember mildly enjoying Legend Of Legaia, but I suppose the fact that I've never seen Legaia 2 being sold anywhere answers that for me.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
I had to leave at 6:55 for dinner, but the bit the end with the boss fight really sold this idea completely to me.

REZNoR_greed

Jan 21, 2010
yeah... when were they planning on uploading the parts and stuff?
I kinda missed it both times, and forgave myself coz they said they were gonna do that...

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
I gotta ask the same question, we're a week and a few days on here... An update of the situation at least? If I ask really nicely?

thisisnowornever

Nov 18, 2009
I don't understand why the recording hasn't been posted yet.

Even if they chop it up and make it a bunch of smaller videos, that's better than sitting here and wondering what is taking so long...

REZNoR_greed

Jan 21, 2010
well they said they would, so I don't see why it shouldn't...
and if they screwed up and forgot to record it, then I'd say they owe us another of equal or greater quality.