Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 2

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
GrahamS said:
We get lots of jokes with lots of dialogue, and lots of jokes without. They're just different jokes.

Also, the "Press X for Trippy Flashback" option... we decided not to go with that so it was more like someone just straight watching it, and also because Snake's silent pauses are funnier.

And yes, we are jumping around from scene to scene, sorry if we miss your favourite.
We want to end up with a little bit of forward progression over 5 weeks, and if we just take them all in order, we never will.
It's really that long? How long was this thing all together when you guys first watched it? Still, we thank you guys for actually taking up this one request and hope you're having fun with it.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Wow i am so glad this game never came out for the PC. If it did they should sell it under the title MOVIE.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
The last video has to be commentary for the entire final cutscene...

It just has to.

This episode was funny by the way.

zeratul123

May 25, 2009
really funny but you missed a a big part between the first and this one when the gekko is pursuing snake

cridia

Aug 2, 2009
"I am sorry Snake, but you are gonna have to repeat the third grade"
"HUUUWHAAAAAAT?"

Do I detect a reference towards Egorapter there?

Great video guys, keep it up! Though I do wonder now; of the hours you play, how much of it is cut-scene? I heard that this game was particularly bad with the crapload of cutscenes, but I want to know just how bad it actually is.

phi161

Aug 3, 2009
Great episode, Unskippable is fast becoming my favourite series (sorry Yahtzee). Definitely makes my mondays less crappy

Best quote: "We have to stop Liquid before he Evaporates, or God forbid... sublimates."

AmbrMerlinus

Feb 2, 2009
TinyToez said:
I've tried, but I can't find any of unskippable's videos funny at all. not even remotely....
Wow. It sucks that you're strapped to that chair with your eyelids taped open, forced to watch every Unskippable episode ever.

Oh wait. You're not. Why are you here, again?

kmg90

Jan 21, 2009
I can't wait for the next installments as this is one of my favorite games and I even might pop it in again just to get another dosage of awesomeness

SamLowry

Aug 27, 2008
Dragoniangirl said:
DaxStrife said:
Why did I have to watch an ad for Unskipple Metal Gear August right before watching this episode of Unskippable Metal Gear August? :p
To remind you what you were watching in case you forgot?
To inform you about our highest estimate of our watcher's remembrance capabilities (~5 minutes).

kmg90

Jan 21, 2009
Emperorpeng said:
Does anyone else find that these cutscenes make little to no sense?

Good job despite the limitations of the original.
If your following the series it makes tons of sense its explaining to the player why snake has aggressively aged over short time and its kinda like the mission briefing like in the first MGS but in cutscene form

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ok if he only had a year at best to live 3 years before the starting cutscene... WTH?

EDIT: Oops, upon watching it again I see it said "Three days" not "Three Years", nevermind.
Still a good show though.

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
It got to the point where I had to check the subtitles to see if Snake was actually saying some of those things :p

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
LeeshaJoy said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
why didn't yall press the X button yall could made fun of the flashbacks
Is that what that was? I figured it was a Skip button, but that would be too damn easy, wouldn't it?
I never played MGS4, but in MGS3 some cutscenes had an R1 dialogue on the corner, and if you pressed it you got to see the cutscene in first person, or from a different angle.

I particularly loved "I'll explain on the way. Which is now. So I guess I should start explaining. But I won't."